PDA

View Full Version : Education Looking for summer activities for 7 year old my daughter

doncarlos
03-04-2013, 16:51
I´m looking for summer group activities for my 7-year-old daughter. The activities must be in English and take place anywhere in Tenerife, preferably in July. Last year she went to Mayco but now we´re looking for something slightly different where English is spoken more than Spanish.

Answers on a postcard please.

MrsTT
03-04-2013, 18:06
There will be English classes throughout July at Callao Learning Centre. 10.30 - 12.30 or 2.30 - 4.30 daily.
See my web page link in my signature for more details.

doncarlos
03-04-2013, 18:09
Excellent! Just what I was looking for.

DC

MrsTT
05-04-2013, 17:08
There will be English classes throughout July at Callao Learning Centre. 10.30 - 12.30 or 2.30 - 4.30 daily.
See my web page link in my signature for more details.

Sorry for delay - web page is now updated with details of the English classes for children and / or adults throughout July 2013.

KirstyJay
06-04-2013, 22:00
We will possibly be doing Talleres (activity workshops) in English in Guia de Isora, also in Playa San Juan we are currently organising activities that will be in English, French and Spanish and will involve sailing, educational classes and craft/music workshops. I will post more once the arrangements are finalised :)

katja
08-04-2013, 23:18
Hakuna Matata in Las Chafiras are doing a summer camp, I think the hours were 9.30-17 and they charge 250€/month including food. The girl in there said that she's trying to get a group with an English monitor so she shouldn't have any problems with the language there. More info on here: https://www.facebook.com/centroocioinfhakunamatata.kvb

KirstyJay
24-04-2013, 09:24
We will possibly be doing Talleres (activity workshops) in English in Guia de Isora, also in Playa San Juan we are currently organising activities that will be in English, French and Spanish and will involve sailing, educational classes and craft/music workshops. I will post more once the arrangements are finalised :)Just an update to this, we have a meeting tomorrow with the Ayuntamiento, but it looks like at present the summer camp will be from 9am to 2pm with early drop off available for a little extra. We will be doing the entire month of July, which is 23 days in total, all in English and the cost will be around 200 to 250€ for the month. We are also looking into the possibility of carrying on until 4.30pm or 5pm, but this all depends on whether the quotes for meals are reasonable, as they haven't been as yet. If anyone's interested in giving us a food quote, please feel free to email me via the website... www.islaidiomas.com

It will include language games, educational reinforcement in line with the Canarian curriculum, beach and outdoor games and relays, possibly a few educational visits including to the ecological finca, stories, digital whiteboard etc. We will only be taking on 20 to 25 kids, so it will be a lot of personal attention. :)

KirstyJay
09-07-2013, 22:07
An update to my previous post... our summer camp is going strong. Although we are fully booked this week and last, there are still about 3 places available next week and the week after, due to some students going on their hols. To see some of the photos of our activities, visit our facebook page : www.facebook.com/IslaIdiomas

The weekly price is 80€ for 8am to 4.30pm including a hot meal. :)

YOUNG GOLFER
10-07-2013, 00:50
An update to my previous post... our summer camp is going strong. Although we are fully booked this week and last, there are still about 3 places available next week and the week after, due to some students going on their hols. To see some of the photos of our activities, visit our facebook page : www.facebook.com/IslaIdiomas

The weekly price is 80€ for 8am to 4.30pm including a hot meal. :)
It looks good Kirsty and the photos are great ..... Shame it's a little too far as my kiddies would loved to have joined in. Glad it's going we'll for you.