PDA

View Full Version : Other This is why Trip Advisor sucks.

redarrow
04-04-2013, 16:26
I have been a contributor to Trip Advisor here and there in the past, but recently decided that there was no real point anymore. Today, somebody however has made an enquiry about my excursion website, to which a so called 'destination expert' has posted the following:

'I have used (name of rival website) as mentioned by James above and have no hesitation in recommending, however having not used the other company (my website) I cannot comment on the service they provide.

I find it strange that on the website I can only find ‘remote’ contact details - phone and email. The website says who it belongs to and where he can be found yet I understand from reading this forum this is a shop – if so, why does it not say this is a shop you can walk into and purchase your excursion rather than have them deliver tickets which would appear to be the norm. Of course, I could have missed the information, but I just find things like this rather intriguing 8)'

So first of all in answer to the things she finds 'strange'. The whole point of a website is to make your business bigger and sell to more people. Customers staying in Bahia Principe, Calleo Salvaje or Golf Del Sur cannot merely walk into my shop in PDLA, DUH! So the website offers a cash on delivery service to save them the trouble of traipsing around all the shops and wasting their holiday time. They also get the opportunity to ask anything they need to ask (excursion related or not).

Anyway, the reason trip Advisor sucks, is that posting a reply like the one I just have would just mean this particular member, and some others I might add, would complain that the post was self promotion and against the rules of the forum. So really and truthfully, there is no way to defend yourself.

I suggest the person that posted this obvious spoiler and knows absolutely nothing about my service whatsoever, should think hard about what she is doing. Is there really a justification for going out of her way to do this.

What a saddo! By the way. I do believe she's a member here too. Shameful.

pablo1
04-04-2013, 16:40
The problem with trip advisor is its inundated with people who are petty minded, bitter individuals who can put poor reviews on without any real comeback whilst at the same time the managers right to reply is set up in a way that makes it near impossible to put your side across.
I was embroiled in a lengthy exchange with them after they refused to take down false statements about my business, even after I'd proved to them that the reviewers were telling lies.
Fortunately I still believe in sorting stuff like that out the old fashioned way and after a phone call they (the couple who left review, not tripadvisor) saw the errors of their ways and pulled it.

Balcony
04-04-2013, 17:50
I use Trip Advisor and wouldn't say it sucks generally. It's like most such sites - just dip in and get a view. You can usually see the comments to ignore.

There are, as someone said, many sad people for whom nothing will be perfect for the fiver they expect to pay for a week in a 5* hotel!

marbro8
04-04-2013, 18:41
i think any one with a modicum of intelligence wouldn't give it the time of day, most of the members on here know that you provide an excellent service, and in fact i try to promote it whenever i can, if you know who the member is just pm them and tell them that posts like that are seen by hundreds of thousands of potential customers and although they are talking complete crap it could still be damaging, keep up the good work bob and give our love and best wishes to jess and the family, we will see you in about 6 weeks;)

redarrow
04-04-2013, 19:10
You've just brought a tear to my eye buddy!

marbro8
04-04-2013, 19:16
You've just brought a tear to my eye buddy!and there was me thinking you were a hard rocker:rock:;)

melm
04-04-2013, 19:18
i think any one with a modicum of intelligence wouldn't give it the time of day, most of the members on here know that you provide an excellent service, and in fact i try to promote it whenever i can, if you know who the member is just pm them and tell them that posts like that are seen by hundreds of thousands of potential customers and although they are talking complete crap it could still be damaging, keep up the good work bob and give our love and best wishes to jess and the family, we will see you in about 4 weeks;)

You might be skint Marboro:laugh::cry:

marbro8
04-04-2013, 19:24
You might be skint Marboro:laugh::cry::lol: i would never gamble with our tenerife holiday fund:redcard:, they have both been paid for and my spare change bottle has about £400 in it with another 5-6 weeks to go;)

warbey
04-04-2013, 19:24
I can see Your point of view. Whilst We havent met (Yet) I know You are in no way shifty.
marbro8 's Post underlines that.

I would think about the Comment further, and include in Your advert/s a Visit to Your Shop is also welcome, as an alternative.

It could add a bit with little effort..?

Sylla
04-04-2013, 20:39
I think you will find the offending posts on TA have been "liquidised"! Redarrow ... TA are getting just a teeny bit quicker to delete posts that distort and make a mockery of a good and informative thread .... We have had a lot of trouble on there recently and I know TA are watching trouble makers !

redarrow
04-04-2013, 22:06
I'm glad it's sorted out. I did post a couple of things, but asked them to be removed when the removal of the offending posts rendered my comments senseless.

- - - - - - - - - - merged double post - - - - - - - - - -

Thanks for your comment. I did have a page dedicated to that at one time, but it had a negative effect. I do however make sure that customers placing orders know where we are as soon as I possibly can.

I can see Your point of view. Whilst We havent met (Yet) I know You are in no way shifty.
marbro8 's Post underlines that.

I would think about the Comment further, and include in Your advert/s a Visit to Your Shop is also welcome, as an alternative.

It could add a bit with little effort..?

Sylla
04-04-2013, 22:17
I noticed Redarrow ! ... There was even another post added , but quickly removed , a snide
remark I expect ! ? Why they think that is clever I can't imagine ! :crazy:

thesloaneranger
04-04-2013, 23:26
I like Trip Advisor and use it alot. I have to say that the last time I used an excursion company whilst on the island I wanted to leave a glowing report and couldnt find them......so started my review of the quad biking praising them as I felt they deserved a big thanks.

Trip Advisor has its place, but there are too many spiteful people out there who expect something for nothing. Im glad you had the harmful comment removed but dont give up on TA completely as for every fud theres a nice person xxx

marbro8
05-04-2013, 08:40
I like Trip Advisor and use it alot. I have to say that the last time I used an excursion company whilst on the island I wanted to leave a glowing report and couldnt find them......so started my review of the quad biking praising them as I felt they deserved a big thanks.

Trip Advisor has its place, but there are too many spiteful people out there who expect something for nothing. Im glad you had the harmful comment removed but dont give up on TA completely as for every fud theres a nice person xxxas you say it can be informative but also also very damaging, i remember a certain restaurant in los cris that was getting rave reviews on here and was rated first in the top ten until some very suspect posts brought it down:redcard:, i myself am a senior reviewer on there but have only ever posted the truth, at the end of the day other readers use it like a bible the same as i used to use holidays uncovered, so misinformation could spoil a 2 week holiday for someone or potentialy ruin some ones business:confused:

onelegnofeet
05-04-2013, 09:11
Sylla ...if saying that i personally have only ever seen on "TRIPADVISOR" 2 posts commenting how good this company is is a SNIDE comment .Then yes i am guilty .
But thanks for the nudge needed to bring me back to this forum

karinagal
05-04-2013, 09:38
Sylla ...if saying that i personally have only ever seen on "TRIPADVISOR" 2 posts commenting how good this company is is a SNIDE comment .Then yes i am guilty .

YOU'RE BACK!!! We missed you....

Malteser Monkey
05-04-2013, 09:41

OMG I'd have given you a kick up the beep if it had got you back:cheeky:

me ol' mucka how the devil are you (see I'm still off topic - some things never change)

doingok
05-04-2013, 09:49
Here Here Tripadvisor does suck without a doubt i help recommend someone that i have used for years and because i know them well i cannot recomend him as its self promotion????????then i get a accused of owning this business yet i cannot walk far and on morphine for my pain i have to a agree and are double standards without a doubt on TA.

Leam_Lin
05-04-2013, 11:42
Some of the information given on TA is not always correct but written in such a way as to be very convincing.
A lot is a 'play on words':doh:

jack oakley
05-04-2013, 12:09
as you say it can be informative but also also very damaging, i remember a certain restaurant in los cris that was getting rave reviews on here and was rated first in the top ten until some very suspect posts brought it down:redcard:, i myself am a senior reviewer on there but have only ever posted the truth, at the end of the day other readers use it like a bible the same as i used to use holidays uncovered, so misinformation could spoil a 2 week holiday for someone or potentialy ruin some ones business:confused:

I have to agree with you, Trip Advisor is fast losing it's credibilty due to it's very slow or non-responce to suspect review's. Like the above post a very good restaurant in Los Abrigos achieved the number one position out of 16 restaurants, the owner of the restaurant and his staff worked exceptionaly hard during the 3 years it has been trading and accumulated 87 excellent revues enabling them to reach the accolade of number '1', then in November of last year 2 reviews appeared both by new reviewers with no profiles damning the restaurant. The reviews were reported as false to Trip Advisor and the poster was asked to prove his presence on the nights he claimed he visited and the validity of his reviews, he couldn't and he did not reply to a polite re-buff by the restaurant owner, he has made no more reviews using either of the names he used since then yet Trip Advisor have not removed them despite numerous requests from the restaurant owner and many other Trip Advisor members who also knew they were false. We are all entitled to our opinion good or bad but the peavish and spitefull no-marks who have nothing better to do than sit at their computers and plot who's livelyhood's they can try and destroy next are nothing other than vermin. The upshot of the 2 false posts was that the restaurant lost it's rightfull standing as number '1'. Most of us who are 'savvy' will recognise a spitefull suspect review but there are people out there that trust Trip Advisor and are influenced by the reviews posted, but the main exsistance of Trip Advisor is to stimulate and generate advertising and marketing so unless they address the issue of false and mallicious posters who have nothing better to do than to try and destroy hard working people's livelyhood's the credibilty of Trip Advisor will fast and deservedly diminish and their days will be numbered.

onelegnofeet
05-04-2013, 15:15
I am fine as i hope all the valued members on here are too.
Shame i had to come back though in such a fashion .
I have never liked taking issues from one forum to another as some may recall was my reason for heading off in to the sunset .However sometimes peoples gloating brings people back .

TA is a great site when trying to help others .And i have certainly never said in any post not to use Red arrow ( tenerife Excursion Man) business .If people ask where is best to get Tickets/Excursions from ,because i always use Tenerife Sunshine i highly recommend them .
Issues arise from this from Red Arrow ,over recent times a few members on TA have asked about his company all i have merely said is i have never seen more than two members reviews ,but many for Tenerife Forum .
The Post that this is about ,the member asked was this Had anyone had experience with Tenerife Excursions .My first paragraph was about the Excellent service etc from Tenerife Sunshine and followed on by saying i had only ever seen 2 members reviews .The next line i said because ASylla said she had Read ( or possibly heard ) it was a good company that maybe she could post a link to it .Followed this by saying .I can only speak for myself as Miss X had done earlier .
Then as you will have gathered my post was removed ,but i have challenged its removal with TA Admin .

So reading through the posts here ,i understand what Pablo is saying .It can cause damage to business .However the same can be said if people recommend places saying how fantastic when in fact they have never used them or doing this as a favour etc .It works both ways IMO .Doing the latter is worse i feel ,giving someone trade who may not deserve it .

AS said if pointing out i have only ever seen two reviews ( Please remember we are talking Trip Advisor and not anything that is said on here ) is wrong .Then Yes I am guilty .
However ,in the last few months i have by Red Arrow been accused in not so many words as being "Some Thing to do with Tenerife Sunshine " and many other various links i use eg ....La Terrazza del Mare ,The WaterMelon etc that i am in league or in business with these i find this really over the top .Sadly even trying to say that people should be stopped on TA and using links to places in a thread he posted basically though not naming i was doing wrong ??
Now considering who do own the business's i feel hardly likely they would want me to have anything to do with their business's now isnt that trying to damage someones business... LOL.......(wonder how Doreen would feel about that ??)
Another time a post was miss read ,someone thought i had said " Dont use Tenerife Excursions" i didnt ,again i pointed out i had only seen 2 peoples post about the company ...but then an insult followed " your English is appalling " by Red Arrow ,yes i laughed that one off because it is !!
Another time in saying " I always use Tenerife sunshine for money exchange " to a member on TA who was staying at the Columbus who had also asked the way to the beach i mentioned Tenerife Sunshine was on his way .Red Arrow then posted to use some chap on the Paz Strip as it was on the way to the better beach Playa Las Vistas .I agreed .Yet some weeks later Red Devil posted i had said this chap on the Paz strip was a Robber .??? Fraid not and i pointed that out to him .

Now sadly i have had to come out in defence of myself .I am sure this was not wanted on this forum .But when posters come on looking for some sort of revenge ,justice or people to feel sorry for them ,i feel they should give the whole picture not just the bits they want you to know .Sylla could have very easily posted a link to TF.Org where it seems many valid members use Red Arrow and are happy to use him .My posts on TA only point out what i have seen ,never once have i said dont use Tenerife Excursions i just point out who i use and who serves me ,friends and family well .

Just to add there are issues between myself and Sylla ,however they will remain on TA thats the decent way .She should never have provoked my first post .She knew exactly who she was commenting on .TA may re instate that post of mine ,and then you can all judge for yourselves how "Snide " it was .

Red Devil i wish you well ,now just stop with the accusations .It truely isnt business like

To Kirsty Jay ....sorry Mrs ,still using to many ...........old habits die hard !!

Red Devil
05-04-2013, 15:37
Can I just point out you have occasionally used my Username in your post, when I assume you mean Redarrow? I havent been involved with this thread at all.
Just saying:shy:

doreen
05-04-2013, 15:51
Tranquilo OneLeg .... breathe :)

Nice to see you posting again, even under such circumstances ... I'm only recently back myself :)

Malteser Monkey
05-04-2013, 15:57
we should start a reunion thread

nice to see you Doreen (well if you know what I mean):cheeky:

onelegnofeet
05-04-2013, 16:14
My apologies Red Devil ..... hope you forgive me .

Breathe !!! ....yes Doreen sorry for bursting through the doors .You know how angry i get when issues of one forum pass over to another " ITS NOT ON " ,but some one really made this post about stirring up on going issues else where and knew exactly who made the so called "Snide " comment .It made no valid contribution to the opening post ,of which i want even involved in ...Shame on you Sylla for trying to make out something my post was not .

Anyway I hope your well Doreen ,time we discussed my partnership in La Terrazza Del Mare with my 2 groats get me lots of shares ?
Where have you been ? I could maybe have given you a few hints on excursions ! LOL.

Is MaxcineC still posting ,hope shes well .Wonder if she remembers Sylla ?

Thanks Red Devil .......
-------------------------------------------------------

Final thought ....... People on TA ask about hotels ,so if for example they ask about
The Columbus or Piramides and i say these are mainly used by the 18/30s crowd ,and that i dont like the way the Piramides is built is this classed as a bad review ,a "Snipe" ...because these are the only negatives i have ever posted on TA about anyones business ....your thoughts please

Sylla
05-04-2013, 17:48
Hope you are pleased with yourself Oleg ...you have now got the whole thread removed on TA ...so obviously TA thought it was a snide remark together with the other deleted ones ... I have no idea as I hardly had a chance to read half of them , I do not sit glued to TA all day ...pity about the good informative posts though that they have had to take the tumble too ! ...

I suggest you read RedArrows opening post on here with his explanation and learn what it is all about ...

I cannot imagine what I have ever done to you , to receive such bile from you ? You have accused me of many things without any proof and sent nasty PMs to some of my friends .... such a shame that TA is so disrupted and that you follow me around like a "puppy" dog .... You are welcome to put a link to anything you like , as long as it is decent ! and so is any one else on TA as long as it is not the company advertising .... I have often linked tenerifesunshine aswell as tenerifeexcursions ... I cannot see your problem and why there had to be such posts on TA about RedArrow started by RQ ; which RedArrow has refered to , as he could not defend himself without going against TA guidlines ...

I hope you will not disrupt the new thread on TA where Tenerifeexcursions is again recommended by myself and Misslyons ...

Sylla

PS ...I seem to remember another thread on TA about Palm Beach Club ..where you have never stayed ...but you had an opinion about it .. and that thread was made into a complete mockery and spoiled and the whole thread deleted when several of us had gone to great trouble with our info ... practice what you preach !

TOTO 99
05-04-2013, 17:52
Bloody hell Oneleg, you've only been back 5 minutes.............

Not by any chance living in North Korea these days are you?..:laugh:

redarrow
05-04-2013, 17:57
Oneleg. I didn't actually quote you as saying the guy was a robber. Go and have a look at the thread before you misquote me again.
This thread isn't about you and never was. Furthermore, you may think that the thread I started on TA about links in threads was about you too. Wrong.

And then you tried to persuade everyone that my username was contravening the rules which is a wee bit sad.

I have in the past wondered why you spend so much time on TA and jump on every question regarding trips etc, eagerly posting the same jargon time and time again, but that's really up to you and your mates. What is a bit jarring, is the effort you go to, to steer people away from doing business with any other company, even if a product is not sold by your preferred business. If you've never used a company's services, you've got no right to make any comment at all.

The most laughable one was about buying direct at the gate at Siam Park because the queues for pre-booked tickets are longer. Just after I had suggested people buy from Attractiontix (not my website) for up to 5 euros less per person. Seriously, why do that?

You can have Trip Advisor all to yourself. The only reason I go and look on there to make sure things like the events of yesterday don't happen. If they do, I'll get involved again. And the reason I posted here is obvious. The minute I post anything in defence of my business on TA, you lot get it removed citing self promotion.

Fivepence
05-04-2013, 18:28
Bloody hell Oneleg, you've only been back 5 minutes.............

Not by any chance living in North Korea these days are you?..:laugh:

North Korea's football chant for the next world cup.

We Nuke
We Score
We eat your Labrador.

:sorry: of topic but I couldn't resist. :ashamed::redcard:

YOUNG GOLFER
05-04-2013, 19:06
I have been a contributor to Trip Advisor here and there in the past, but recently decided that there was no real point anymore. Today, somebody however has made an enquiry about my excursion website, to which a so called 'destination expert' has posted the following:

'I have used (name of rival website) as mentioned by James above and have no hesitation in recommending, however having not used the other company (my website) I cannot comment on the service they provide.

I find it strange that on the website I can only find ‘remote’ contact details - phone and email. The website says who it belongs to and where he can be found yet I understand from reading this forum this is a shop – if so, why does it not say this is a shop you can walk into and purchase your excursion rather than have them deliver tickets which would appear to be the norm. Of course, I could have missed the information, but I just find things like this rather intriguing 8)'

So first of all in answer to the things she finds 'strange'. The whole point of a website is to make your business bigger and sell to more people. Customers staying in Bahia Principe, Calleo Salvaje or Golf Del Sur cannot merely walk into my shop in PDLA, DUH! So the website offers a cash on delivery service to save them the trouble of traipsing around all the shops and wasting their holiday time. They also get the opportunity to ask anything they need to ask (excursion related or not).

Anyway, the reason trip Advisor sucks, is that posting a reply like the one I just have would just mean this particular member, and some others I might add, would complain that the post was self promotion and against the rules of the forum. So really and truthfully, there is no way to defend yourself.

I suggest the person that posted this obvious spoiler and knows absolutely nothing about my service whatsoever, should think hard about what she is doing. Is there really a justification for going out of her way to do this.

What a saddo! By the way. I do believe she's a member here too. Shameful.

It's a shame people go out of their way to try and harm someone's business.......I have met you a good few times and your are a good guy who has a good business and I hope you continue to do well. Think people can spend way to much time on their computers and really need to get out more. By the way if its the Saddo I think it is then she is better of over their than here lol. Chin up bob you are one of the good guys.

onelegnofeet
05-04-2013, 20:24
Pray tell Sylla how i personally got the whole thread removed ? I agree there was useful info on the post sadly mine was one of those which as you know was in no way a Snipe it would have been if the OP hadnt asked about the company.
.Also the other posts removed i only saw those By TenerifeExcursion man ,a glimpse before he removed them .You dont have to wonder why ,you know .As i said those issues will remain as they should on another forum ,but maybe a reply is respectful ...
Nasty PMs ...lets try one pm ,to a member who asked why so many posts where being removed to which i replied ask Sylla as i believe she knows all about it .
Palm Beach Club ...now the OP on their asked about Palm Beach and Hisperia Troya my comment was that Palm Beach reminded me of a block of 1970s flats ,and Troya looked better .YOU decided to come back with " you need to go to Specsavers " and other questionable posts of my posts .THATS WHAT SPOILT IT !! I told you then leave my views alone .
Follow you like a puppy dog ( LMAO ) ...if you dont spend that much time on TA and i do ,surely its you that follows me .
Post removal ....well i suffer from this a lot ,lots of posts go because i use certain weather links (seems to rub jealous people up for some reason ) or as soon as i post the link to be helpful you follow ( Oh Yes you follow ) with webcams " because they are so much better than weather links and write ups " .

Sad fact ......you brought me to post on this forum ,knowing full well who posted .you left no alternative than for me to reply .which as i said should have been left on another forum .I find it rather odd that once there was a tad of friction between myself and Red arrow /TenerifeExcursionman you then and only then started to post his link to his company as much as possible stating " You had heard this was a very good company " now isnt this the flip side of the coin to what this thread is about ? you by your own admission on this recent post said "You stopped doing trips YEARS ago " I still do trips and i still do use Tenerife Sunshine .
Members here have you to thank for my return ,but i bet a few wont like it ! Thanks .

Red Arrow...how i spend my time really has nothing to do with you ,nor me and what you do with yours .If i choose to use any company and am happy with what service they provide do i really need to ask your opinion before i post .Do i insult you as you have done me ? When i post the link to Tenerife Sunshine why is there always a following post of either insult ,or questioning of my relationship to Tenerife Sunshine ? If i have only ever seen 2 posts of people saying use you ,(Stressing on "Trip Advisor" ) but only when asked by someone first mention it how is this wrong ,should i lie ? Wouldnt that be as wrong proffering miss information.....
What do i gain by saying buy tickets to Siam Parque on the gate ? i point out that there have been posts saying the queues are longer for those with tickets .You can shout "Myth " (well you did 3 times ) .Yet to dispel a Myth you have to give evidence it is .Why would people say this they gain nothing ,and once again this week another person has said they saw longer queues for those with pre booked tickets why do they do this ?
It happened that i was answering and you posted first ,this happens nothing more nothing less .Where as you do have something to gain if you can sell tickets.

Re the post you started about people using links , after yet again posting something or other about me using the link to T.Sunshine you started with this post ,seemed like you had a grudge to bear .Endorsed now by the fact you have noted how long i spend on Trip Advisor .It seems many where against your issues ,you started something which i felt further questions to members on that post would give me ,as a member in that section i have the right to ask .

I still dont think any of this matters to this forum and should have remained on TA as this is where it all started , i wouldnt have even replied but for Syllas post .I had nothing to do with what went on prior to the post i had removed ,and most certainlty didnt get the thread closed by asking for my posts re instatement .But thats a great "Get Me out of here " card to play .

@ Toto ,no i dont live in Korea, enough despots where i live though !

kathml
05-04-2013, 20:50
ive posted reviews on TA on various establishments in medano and Abrigos as well as my home area and from time to time either praised or dammed them sometimes within a few days but I hope I have been honest in my opinion I also read other reviews and reckon I can now ignore ones which either over praise or over critisize standards of food

somewhere with a few reviews is always difficult to judge but a place with a lot most of which are favourable is usually a good bet but one has to allow for a lot of factors including expectations

Sylla
05-04-2013, 21:01
Oh ! Oleg ...you really do need to go to specsavers ! I wrote>>>> " Do *I* need to go to specsavers "<<<< As both looked like a block of flats !.....

I think you followed me here ...and why am I responsible for that ?

onelegnofeet
05-04-2013, 21:54
Is that your best as per norm you avoid all the response its a bit like your friend discussing what i had said...edited highlights .
I followed you here ,well i did read the opening post very soon after it was made ,as it didnt actually involve me i moved on ,but i knew you wouldnt be to far behind you just cant help yourself "Miss Predictable" .So really you drew me into it .A tad silly imo but hey ho .....
So are you going to reply to any of the points i made earlier ? more so about how apparent your posts of TExcursions link has recently become .You asked me earlier to read again the opening post ,so now answer the flip side to it .How can people recommend places they dont use ,havent used for years ? isnt that wrong i mean any good business over a period of time can either go downhill or up hill surely . As said i dont know the company ,i dont say dont use them . Yet if i say " I have onlt ever seen 2 reviews for this company on TripAdvisor" its suddenly wrong Yet you are allowed to say " I have# heard #this company are very good " and or stating " i havent been on excursions or used excursion companys for years " .Surely giving someone a recommendation is as bad as someone giving a bad review ,just the otherside of the coin where Trip Advisor can be misused to the good or demise of a business

Sylla
05-04-2013, 22:27
I don't see that I have to explain anything to you Oleg ...especially as you twist everything and continually misquote ... I had no idea that there was a friction between you and RedArrow until today stated in your post ...

I had seen his company from other posts ... and liked what I saw and what I heard about them, and I liked how his web site was set up clearly ...... as I said I had many times linked Tenerifesunshine to the forum aswell far more times than RedArrow , I have never used TS either ........I think I can count on one hand how many times I have linked RA to the forum ...

When Tenerifesunshine was banned from TA ( wrongly I thought , for just telling posters on the forum her website was down ) I tried my best with TA to get her reinstated , writing letters to the mods ... but I failed alas ! I contacted TS with what TA told me , that it was up to her to write to them ... I don't know if she did ..

I am not bias to either company ... and I will recommend as wish and will not be lectured by you ....

I will not be replying to you again as I can see I am wasting my time ....

Just such a pity a Holiday forum has to be spoiled by such pettiness ....

Malteser Monkey
05-04-2013, 22:32
Oh flippin eck 'ere we go again

I know she knows, he know's she know's , but then she know's I know, he knows she know arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

STOP

Effin fed up with booo sheet:pray:

We can't even be bother to read what you are rowing about

thesloaneranger
05-04-2013, 22:34
as you say it can be informative but also also very damaging, i remember a certain restaurant in los cris that was getting rave reviews on here and was rated first in the top ten until some very suspect posts brought it down:redcard:, i myself am a senior reviewer on there but have only ever posted the truth, at the end of the day other readers use it like a bible the same as i used to use holidays uncovered, so misinformation could spoil a 2 week holiday for someone or potentialy ruin some ones business:confused:

Im totally with you there. I only put the truth and dont hung up over daft wee things....some peoples reasons for giving a poor rating really do seem a little unhinged to say the least :( I do look at reviews that have been left for places im considering going to, but will read more than just the first few to get a more accurate idea. Being in the licensed trade here in the UK, Ive been on the receiving end of both postitive and negative feedback on beerintheevening so know the effect it can have. These days of course theres so much emphasis on social media that a quick search on twitter (for example) will throw up alot more accurate opinions of a business that have been unwittingly left so theres alternatives to checking to see if TA reviews are honest.

Malteser Monkey
05-04-2013, 22:38
Stoooooooooooooooooooooooop had enough
slodgedad

theslaters
05-04-2013, 22:50
It's like a couple of teenaged girls arguing over who is best JLS or 1 Direction who friggin cares .....
You are doing neither company any good from what I see its like they are the only places selling excursions ,
Don't think many tourists are going to travel far to buy tickets etc to save a euro or two (except my father in law) just go to the end of the road.
Get a room it's getting embarrassing and cringe worthy.
But TA has got some great advice reviews but with some totally ott from friends family.

Malteser Monkey
05-04-2013, 22:52
It's like a couple of teenaged girls arguing over who is best JLS or 1 Direction who friggin cares .....
You are doing neither company any good from what I see its like they are the only places selling excursions ,
Don't think many tourists are going to travel far to buy tickets etc to save a euro or two (except my father in law) just go to the end of the road.
Get a room it's getting embarrassing and cringe worthy.

Exactly that's why a lot of members left or got banned.............shame but here we go again

kingbaker
06-04-2013, 00:05
I'll volunteer to paint them if somebody can call in an airstrike, and use daisy cutters.:mad::confused::confused::angry:

i love the beach
06-04-2013, 00:26
Ha ha ha its all about the 'Queen and her YES BOYS' have a read through tripadvisor !!!!!

slodgedad
06-04-2013, 00:31
Stoooooooooooooooooooooooop had enough
slodgedad

Just because someone has been accused of something and comes on to defend themselves is no reason to do anything about the thread.

No one has been insulted, as yet, and I hope it continues that way.

As far as I can see it's just a heated discussion which members can choose to read or ignore.

sunspot
06-04-2013, 03:25
Slodgie, im giving you 10 out of 10 for diplomacy, you are spot on

onelegnofeet
06-04-2013, 06:28
As i said ..i am sorry to have come back in such a fashion ,but anyone has the right to defend themselves .As i said these issues are being over lapped from another forum .Though Sylla likes to hide behind the veil of knowing nothing .When she is asked awkward questions its usually a post of "thats it i am off" or "i have nothing further to say "
Should she care to answer ,as i omitted to answer her post of going to "SpecSavers "
Why was it that Trip Advisor saw fit to remove her post quoting "This post has been removed because it caused Harassment". They normally remove posts because of "Off topic chatter" ," Breached TA guidelines " and the like .Why then in various post did she follow me onto various posts denouncing it was ,She refused to contact TA Admin about this Why? if there was no harassment contained with in that post ? I know mostly certainly if this had happened to my posts i would have sort the reasons for its removal if it was not harassment.Like i asked them to look at the so called "Snide" post . TA which is where i feel this is wrong .A "Destination Expert" is supposed to keep out of any arguments that do happen from time to time on any forum between members .TA are also ultra protective of its named "Destination Experts" in that they are seen to be better more knowledgeable than any of its members .Then why would they remove a post quoting "Harassment " surely just to remove it as "breach of guidelines " would have been more to in keeping good relations between members and readers ?
But should anyone care to read back on Syllas first post care to read back ,where others offered advise ,what did hers seek to achieve .Without this i wouldnt as it now appears have upset valid members on here ,bored valid members on here .So whilst i am very sorry for this ,i cant think in any way how this helped .

@ I Love the Beach .......since when does anyone have the right to pick others friends ? Would you like me to pick yours ,i dont think so .Its very similar to what was asked earlier "Why i spend so much time on Trip Advisor ?" Really both are no ones concern .Nor as i said in other posts should what goes on on one forum be brought to another .

@ MM .especially sorry to you .After the welcome back you gave .But you can maybe see my point about Syllas post i had the right to respond .It may be noted too by the fact its over 8 months since her last post .So yet again joins a thread to cause issue

@ Slodgedad ,thanks for allowing me the right to reply .You had the right to remove my posts even if i have not posted on here for a longer but returned in such a manner .

@ Sylla ,unlike your good self what has been raised here will be left here it will not carry over to Trip Advisor by myself.Lets hope you do too ....but i wont hold my breath .

Sorry all Valid members here on TenerifeForum.Org

redarrow
06-04-2013, 09:59
Do i insult you as you have done me ? When i post the link to Tenerife Sunshine why is there always a following post of either insult ,or questioning of my relationship to Tenerife Sunshine ?

Not sure where these insults are. Apart from two posts which have now been removed (because the thread has), I haven't posted on TA since March 13th. You've posted umpteen links and I haven't posted against them at all. Goodness there's too many. I remember once, something you posted seemed a bit of an assumption and I did comment on that.

Back to my original post though. I don't know why you got involved. I know I didn't report your posts, because I never even saw them. people would have been none the wiser.

onelegnofeet
06-04-2013, 11:15
I thought i had explained my self well enough of my first involvement and it related to nothing to what you had said in your original post .Sadly unless anyone has a full picture no real judgement can be made .Your insults are still on TA look into your posts ,i never report these ,that way people can see them and judge them for what they are .Being told not once but 3 times long queues at Siam Parque is a Myth before the statement " Dont answer that i am banning myself from Trip Advisor" ( similar wording ) is not really me making assumptions as you as of yet disproved they are .
The post that "The trip Advisor Community " decided was inappropriate was certainly,but misuse of reporting on TA is constant it only takes two or 3 narrow minded people to press the same button! The member asked where he could get info and tickets to various trips and had anyone used your company ?
As usual i offered Tenerife Sunshine plus links .
Adding (not exactwords ) "I personally had only ever seen two members posts of how good this company was .Perhaps Sylla could give you a link to those she had heard of .I personally only recommend those i use as does Miss "X" " ( Miss X is not the members name because i dont feel happy in using names from other forums ,however Sylla has mentioned this ladies name )
Now bearing in mind at the time i posted this posts had been removed for whatever reason .So you tell me what was wrong in what i said ,i have never seen anyone say dont use your buisness nor have i ever posted with the intention of saying not to use you .Once it was totally miss read ,again by Miss X.And i posted she had totally miss read what i was saying .you then came on with no further explanation than to say " your English is Appauling " ...yes an insult ,but my English is so i replied with an LOL.
I think because i spend more time on Trip Advisor than most .My posting of an excellent company that is in the same business as yours for whatever reason upsets you .I dont mention your name in any post that doesnt pertain to it .If someone asks for a place to obtain tickets i dont offer Tenerife Sunshine then go into my observations of your company .
We started a bit of banter when offering Money Exchange places , You mentioned one on the Paz Strip. I mentioned Tenerife Sunshine and said it was on his way to the beach as he had asked about this earlier .You came back with " So is this guy and hes on the way to the Fantastic Playa Las Vistas ...
Which if i am honest is the very best beach .Now this was not an issue at all ,till a later post where someone asked about "The Nearest Money Exchange to.......(whatever hotel) i told them of the Guy on the Paz Strip was the nearest .Your post after contained nothing about information .Just tried to make out why i was recommending this guy when i had previously called him names which i had not and never have NOR you !
Another occassion a made a comment to someone who thought T.Sunshines prices where high .I said words along the lines of talk to them there could be further discounts .You once again assumed i had something to do with their business and asked " How would i know that if i am not something to do with the company ? Again words to that effect . I did answer because i though this comment was damaging to their business ,which is really what your anger is on here about people damaging yours ! I could say this because i use them and prices are not always what you see it can go on amount of tickets they are going to sell you or booking more than one trip etc. I asked if you did not do this as i thought it was good business pratice . So on Trip Advisor i really dont know what your issues are with me and to be totally honest i dont really care a jot .
Really had Sylla not come on with the post she made about "Snide " comments i would not have appeared .I find it strange that at the time of my post Sylla was actually on TA answering others and with whatever issues where previously going on with matters on the thread involving you ,that she wasnt keeping a watchful eye on what proceeding posts where placed .How can any one assume " It was a snide post " it was removed by the community not TA it could have been off topic ,not travel related ...So yes i am very sceptical .So my involvement lays completely in Syllas lap .
The posts have totally gone on TripAdvisor though why i really dont know ,Sylla has blamed me when all i asked was for TA to look at "MY" post tell me what was wrong in it .....my downfall was to mention contacting TA and asking for reinstatement of it ,both on here and TA .Suddenly the whole thread is gone !To me that smacks of someone not wanting my post to be seen as others would see there where no "Snide" comments in it .......wonder who has the friends in TA and its moderators to do that ,certainly not regular members .A DE perhaps ??

Unless Sylla comes back ,i really have nothing more to say .
To you Red Arrow i wish you well .Maybe a link from someone who holds your business in high regard could be set up and posted by others when such questions about your company are asked .

Sorrry i forgot to ask You ....if the post you started about your suspicions of people using links on regular basis does pertain to me could you please point me towards who it was about .Looking on your posts i really cant see who else you have had issues with .......Just to put my mind at rest .Thanks

Suej
06-04-2013, 12:13
Oh dear! I have to agree with Monkey!

Sorry guys but as far as I can see the posters directly involved in this spat are doing a thorough job of damaging their own reputations and credibility on TA! Shame it had to aired here though!:sorry:

primrose
06-04-2013, 12:23
Oh dear! I have to agree with Monkey!

Sorry guys but as far as I can see the posters directly involved in this spat are doing a thorough job of damaging their own reputations and credibility on TA! Shame it had to aired here though!:sorry:

I am with Suej and Monkey on this, the argument does not belong on here.

Bazz
06-04-2013, 13:49
I'm with Young Golfer on this.
Never heard so much sh1t spouted. Some people need to get out more!:redcard:

onelegnofeet
06-04-2013, 13:56
Thanks ,precisely what i said and got annoyed about .It wasnt for this forum ,as i am a strong believer in what goes on in one stays off others .However in that respect not everone is as blame less as they want to make out !!! But thanks again I am in total agreement with you all .
Not really bothered about credibility or reputation that i cause myself ,sure you know there are others out there doing this for me

@ Bazz, always remember some people are less able to get out more than others .But in context you are correct it is all Sh..,that should never have been brought to this forum

primrose
06-04-2013, 14:09
Thanks ,precisely what i said and got annoyed about .It wasnt for this forum ,as i am a strong believer in what goes on in one stays off others .However in that respect not everone is as blame less as they want to make out !!! But thanks again I am in total agreement with you all .
Not really bothered about credibility or reputation that i cause myself ,sure you know there are others out there doing this for me

@ Bazz, always remember some people are less able to get out more than others .But in context you are correct it is all Sh..,that should never have been brought to this forum

Oneleg give it a rest it's just like you have to have the last word and don't start about some being less able to get out than others there are a lot of people out there like that.

melm
06-04-2013, 14:15

Methinks you doth protest too much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

onelegnofeet
06-04-2013, 14:21
Yes quite so which was my reasoning in posting such .Not as a sympathy vote ,jeeze i know better than to look for that here LOL and i dont anyway .

Methinks you doth protest too much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Blimey ,and not even from Macbeth !LOl

primrose
06-04-2013, 14:25
[QUOTE=onelegnofeet;277196]Yes quite so which was my reasoning in posting such .Not as a sympathy vote ,jeeze i know better than to look for that here LOL and i dont anyway .

Well you have just proved my point......

onelegnofeet
06-04-2013, 14:29
I will give up if you will.......lol

Susief
06-04-2013, 15:51
I am with Suej and Monkey on this, the argument does not belong on here.

Not often I side with Primrose but I do with her, MM and Suej. I am fed up of this thread now and you guys are not doing yourself any favours! He said, she said, I said is for a school playground!
Welcome back OL!

Suej
06-04-2013, 16:20
Not often I side with Primrose but I do with her, MM and Suej. I am fed up of this thread now and you guys are not doing yourself any favours! He said, she said, I said is for a school playground!
Welcome back OL!

.......Where me keys! where me phone!:singing:

onelegnofeet
06-04-2013, 16:47
Have you tried your Pinny Pocket ?

Suej
06-04-2013, 17:20
That's been hanging on the bedroom door for months!......Oh! THAT pinny!rolleyes2:

Ecky Thump
06-04-2013, 17:21
Welcome back OL!

Handbags at Dawn, springs to mind.:twak:

Suej
06-04-2013, 17:33
Handbags at Dawn, springs to mind.:twak:

http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view1/1307337/purse-fight-o.gif

:lol::lol::lol:

Ecky Thump
06-04-2013, 17:38

:knight::crylaughing::crylaughing::surrender:

onelegnofeet
06-04-2013, 20:18
That's been hanging on the bedroom door for months!......Oh! THAT pinny!rolleyes2:

Blimey would hate to think the hook is a high one !!! ( wipes tears from eyes )

:lol::lol::lol:

Can i be the one dressed in blue ...better looking and nice legs ? Please

Malteser Monkey
06-04-2013, 21:31
Ha ha ha its all about the 'Queen and her YES BOYS' have a read through tripadvisor !!!!!

The Queen yes hmmmmmmmmmmmmm:scared::D

Welcome back OL!

Sue bud yes you are so right mate, ready for another glass

Fivepence
06-04-2013, 21:41
So is this thread not about a 'No Win No Fee' compensation company then.........................:whistle:

onelegnofeet
07-04-2013, 08:16
Blimey for people who are fed up with this thread your certainly keeping it going .Thanks for your help and cooperation .LOL

primrose
07-04-2013, 09:07
Blimey for people who are fed up with this thread your certainly keeping it going .Thanks for your help and cooperation .LOL

Grow up and shut up.You were welcomed back and I personally think you have abused that welcome by continuing to post about something that doesn't belong on this Forum.Numerous posters have told you they have no interest in your disagreement with other members just take you petty squabble back to TA.

TOTO 99
07-04-2013, 09:16
At the risk of being shouted at, PLEASE close this thread.

It's just members arguing and has nothing whatsoever to do with TripAdvisor.....:respect:

Malteser Monkey
07-04-2013, 10:50
At the risk of being shouted at, PLEASE close this thread.

It's just members arguing and has nothing whatsoever to do with TripAdvisor.....:respect:

Yes I think it has run it's course and now off topic

wonder where she got that handbag from ?:lol:

Suej
07-04-2013, 10:55
Yes I think it has run it's course and now off topic

wonder where she got that handbag from ?:lol:

Yeah! it has gone off topic!:D best place for it! Did anyone take it seriously anyway!? morning Monkey!:hello:

Tickey
07-04-2013, 10:57
It's interesting that people keep coming back to read it though :doh:

onelegnofeet
07-04-2013, 15:22
Totally agree its time it was closed. However ,if you where being talked about on another forum wouldnt you defend yourselves ? Oh ! i believe some have .That too never belonged on this forum

@ primrose ....Each member has the right to post ,each member can chose want they want to read .If i broke Forum guidelines i would have had posts removed ,banned or such like . So you have the option stop reading ,or continue no way am i forcing you ...you choose to

Yes the welcome back was nice from those that gave it .So many thanks to those that did

doreen
07-04-2013, 15:30
Totally agree its time it was closed. However ,if you where being talked about on another forum wouldnt you defend yourselves ? Oh ! i believe some have .That too never belonged on this forum

Ah, give it a rest, One Leg .... at least they did stop talking about me ;)

Yes the welcome back was nice from those that gave it .So many thanks to those that did

It was sincerely meant :)

onelegnofeet
07-04-2013, 16:36
I only do TripAdvisor and an amputee help forum .I know your not talked about there ,though on TA your restaurant does so yes you are talked about in that respect.And i believe your still totally intact !!

Yes it was Meant Sincerely ,If ever i apologise too its meant sincerely

Bazz
07-04-2013, 17:57
An apology for Red Arrow is a long time coming ..........

marbro8
07-04-2013, 21:58
An apology for Red Arrow is a long time coming ..........yes mate you are right, i have known bob and his family for about 7 years now, and he is a sound bloke, even though he is a business man he would rather point you in another direction if he thought it would benefit you rather than him,he has never been more than honorable in any transaction we have had, and we walk from los cris most days to his shop in las americas to change money or get attraction tickets or to use the internet, change a book, because we know that we will be treated with respect courtesy and friendship, at the end of the day from what i have read from this car crash of a thread, the only thing he has been castigated for is trying to give a better service to holiday makers by expanding his business on the internet:(

Sylla
07-04-2013, 22:48
This reply is not addressed to OL , it is to you all , as I wanted to understand why OL got involved in the first place, and to understand the so called "friction" between the two. So I did some research on past threads on TripAdvisor ( incidently I could only find 3 times I have linked RedArrow on the TA forum, this bit is addressed to OL )

It seems that OL and another poster referred to in RedArrows OP , they continually ask him on TA if he does discounts,and they seem to be annoyed that he doesn't answer them .... HE CAN'T ! if he did TA would ban him on the spot , just like they did with Tenerifesunshine, when a poster asked about their website which was down .

Then going on to what has happened on here , RedArrow never mentioned OL ...I never mentioned OL ...it was OL that mentioned OL ! Only he or the last poster could have known whether it was his reply on TA that tipped the balance for TA to have taken out the whole thread. When I clicked onto the link in my email inbox to see what was posted last , I got a message >>> " Content has been removed" <<< and no sign of it on the forum to see who the last poster was ....

Going by the already deleted posts and the way the thread was heading ,one could only assume there must have been some sort of a snide remark, and no way of knowing who posted the last post as in my inbox link there was a complete blank !

I am informed that TA are taking the disruption on the forum very seriously to get it wiped out . We are all fed up with it and posts disappearing before your eyes ! I have tried to explain , I hope I have and that RedArrow came on to this forum just frustrated that he couldn't have the come back on TA that he could have here , cos he would definately have been banned with no coming back as seemed the case with tenerifesunshine ...That's what it is all about , not about Oleg , although he felt he wanted to join in ....

I apologise if it was me that has caused all the ranting in last couple of days which had nothing to do with the OP and to tell you the truth I don't know what half of it was about ....:confused:

Red
07-04-2013, 23:44
This thread is better than mailonline

slodgedad
07-04-2013, 23:47
This reply is not addressed to OL , it is to you all , as I wanted to understand why OL got involved in the first place, and to understand the so called "friction" between the two. So I did some research on past threads on TripAdvisor ( incidently I could only find 3 times I have linked RedArrow on the TA forum, this bit is addressed to OL )

It seems that OL and another poster referred to in RedArrows OP , they continually ask him on TA if he does discounts,and they seem to be annoyed that he doesn't answer them .... HE CAN'T ! if he did TA would ban him on the spot , just like they did with Tenerifesunshine, when a poster asked about their website which was down .

Then going on to what has happened on here , RedArrow never mentioned OL ...I never mentioned OL ...it was OL that mentioned OL ! Only he or the last poster could have known whether it was his reply on TA that tipped the balance for TA to have taken out the whole thread. When I clicked onto the link in my email inbox to see what was posted last , I got a message >>> " Content has been removed" <<< and no sign of it on the forum to see who the last poster was ....

Going by the already deleted posts and the way the thread was heading ,one could only assume there must have been some sort of a snide remark, and no way of knowing who posted the last post as in my inbox link there was a complete blank !

I am informed that TA are taking the disruption on the forum very seriously to get it wiped out . We are all fed up with it and posts disappearing before your eyes ! I have tried to explain , I hope I have and that RedArrow came on to this forum just frustrated that he couldn't have the come back on TA that he could have here , cos he would definately have been banned with no coming back as seemed the case with tenerifesunshine ...That's what it is all about , not about Oleg , although he felt he wanted to join in ....

I apologise if it was me that has caused all the ranting in last couple of days which had nothing to do with the OP and to tell you the truth I don't know what half of it was about ....:confused:

Excuse me, but no posts have been either removed or edited here.

As this is a discussion and there have been no slanderous comments or breaches of the T&Cs made we have let it run.

sundownersvince
07-04-2013, 23:47
Nope, nor do I. Must have read the whole thing a few times but its going over my head. Nice to have Oleg back though. I look forward to some of the more humourous posts we enjoyed in the past. :bowdown:

Reply was to 2 posts back........

Sylla
08-04-2013, 00:01
Excuse me, but no posts have been either removed or edited here.

As this is a discussion and there have been no slanderous comments or breaches of the T&Cs made we have let it run.

Slodgedad .. I haven't written that any posts have been removed I am refering to TripAdvisor when I write TA ..I am sorry if you have misunderstood ...The section you have highlighted is about about Tripadvisor not this forum ...

onelegnofeet
08-04-2013, 06:18
Firstly thank you Vince for the welcome back .

So Sylla ,you made an assumption it was a " SNIDE" post ...sorry but i feel that makes it even worse that you felt the need to bring it here to this forum and its valid members .So really your admitting to causing issue on an assumption .Did you ever really need to bring either of your first 2 posts to this forum .......very questionable IMO
You brought it here out of frustration ......well as you know there is a section on TA that it could have been brought up on without breaking any guidelines .As could Red Arrow ,after all in his frustration of myself ( i still have to believe his frustration was about me as he has not replied if not me then who ) of using links on a regular basis ,also knows there is a section on TA where these sorts of matters can be aired .So really when you say you know nothing its very suspect .Those 2 posts you made first could have been made using the PM facility to Red Arrow where he may have found some solice in them ,however you chose this site and its members to seek issue and really from those posts i dont think Red Arrow will now feel comfort from what happened by them ...how sad !

@Baz ,i agree i think in one way an apology is required not to myself but to members considering what i have said above .However ,he i feel as done this as it appears a few members on here rate him and his business and know him personally which i can understand .

@ Red Arrow ... if someone can make a link to all those reviews Sylla has read /heard about .I personally when asked in direct relation to posts asked about your company post those links .However i cant post them saying "Use this excellent company" because i havent used you .I can though just post the link without breaking any guidelines . As my posts on TA bared no malice to you and even with the posts you make about me in various ways over the past like me i hope you can now move on from making those .I wish you well

@ Primrose .I am sorry wind you up .However you will note from my posts they contain no direct insults that are contained in your posts at me . " Grow up " ,"Shut up" and told me so many times to stop posting on this thread about issues not pertaining to this forum. I can only assume you have issue personally with me ,as you have "Thanked" various posts from Red Arrow ( who brought it to this forum ) and not said anything to Sylla therefore condoning double standards ... .Anyone else these posts where directed at may feel threatened ,bullied ...just a thought to mull over .

To All Members not just those who welcomed me back ,sorry how my return came about .I was happy doing what i was ,some will understand my reasoning ,some wont its the way of a forum .

But least its woke a few of you up ,seems you dropped off there for a minute !!LOL

Sincerely though sorry for the past few days .

primrose
08-04-2013, 09:54
Firstly thank you Vince for the welcome back .

So Sylla ,you made an assumption it was a " SNIDE" post ...sorry but i feel that makes it even worse that you felt the need to bring it here to this forum and its valid members .So really your admitting to causing issue on an assumption .Did you ever really need to bring either of your first 2 posts to this forum .......very questionable IMO
You brought it here out of frustration ......well as you know there is a section on TA that it could have been brought up on without breaking any guidelines .As could Red Arrow ,after all in his frustration of myself ( i still have to believe his frustration was about me as he has not replied if not me then who ) of using links on a regular basis ,also knows there is a section on TA where these sorts of matters can be aired .So really when you say you know nothing its very suspect .Those 2 posts you made first could have been made using the PM facility to Red Arrow where he may have found some solice in them ,however you chose this site and its members to seek issue and really from those posts i dont think Red Arrow will now feel comfort from what happened by them ...how sad !

@Baz ,i agree i think in one way an apology is required not to myself but to members considering what i have said above .However ,he i feel as done this as it appears a few members on here rate him and his business and know him personally which i can understand .

@ Red Arrow ... if someone can make a link to all those reviews Sylla has read /heard about .I personally when asked in direct relation to posts asked about your company post those links .However i cant post them saying "Use this excellent company" because i havent used you .I can though just post the link without breaking any guidelines . As my posts on TA bared no malice to you and even with the posts you make about me in various ways over the past like me i hope you can now move on from making those .I wish you well

@ Primrose .I am sorry wind you up .However you will note from my posts they contain no direct insults that are contained in your posts at me . " Grow up " ,"Shut up" and told me so many times to stop posting on this thread about issues not pertaining to this forum. I can only assume you have issue personally with me ,as you have "Thanked" various posts from Red Arrow ( who brought it to this forum ) and not said anything to Sylla therefore condoning double standards ... .Anyone else these posts where directed at may feel threatened ,bullied ...just a thought to mull over .

To All Members not just those who welcomed me back ,sorry how my return came about .I was happy doing what i was ,some will understand my reasoning ,some wont its the way of a forum .

But least its woke a few of you up ,seems you dropped off there for a minute !!LOL

Sincerely though sorry for the past few days .

Oneleg please show me where I have thanked various posts from Red Arrow because I can only see one, as for telling you to grow up and shut up I did so because you were like a naughty child who had to have the last word you just couldn't let it go and I was not the only one who thought this thread should be closed actually it was somebody else that suggested that .As for not thanking Sylla sorry but I don't think I need to explain myself to you.I have read enough of your ramblings and I find your reference to you wakening the Forum up because it had dropped off quite insulting, as you can see it was still here for you to come back to and we got along very nicely without you.The Forum will always be bigger than one person.

onelegnofeet
08-04-2013, 10:58
Yes it will always be bigger than "one person" ...couldnt agree more .
As per reference of waking people up that was said in jest ,though as it seems everyone was saying it should be closed,banter ,off topic whatever you wish to call it not much going on elsewhere ,Sadly .Also i didnt say anything about thanking Sylla ??
You have neither said anything to Her or Red Arrow about bringing this up on the forum i know you dont have to answer but it makes me wonder why .To you it ( and others ) it may sound that it belongs in a play ground .But i recall your angst about a family member that was being discussed not only on this forum but on others .Manys the time i too could have said to you grow up and shut up in your posts about your relative but refrained ,you where angry as i was with this issue being brought to this forum ..Please,dont say your angst was any different to mine
I maintain anyone has the right to defend themselves if they are being put down .

Final thought for Sylla ...if you only assumed it was a "Snide " Post and did not read it !! How can you assume that "Snide" post was aimed at Red Arrow ? Surely if you had not read it ,then it could have been a "Snipe" at the other poster involved in these issues .So can you honestly say those posts belong here ? Rehtorical

timmylish
08-04-2013, 12:56
Right. Its time for some quality on this one so I,ll stick my nose in.
I havn,t a clue what this is all about but, from where I am, hello to Oneleg. Brilliant to see your mutterings again. You,ve woken me up to-day. Thank the heavens for that. Trip Advisor seems to me the sort of place where a gang of a few hang around all day long hoping someone will have something nice to say about them. Because of my residence here for so long I was asked to become involved on TA. After one or two days I withdrew basically because of what I have said above!
Well I think I,ve added an improvement to this thread so I,ll depart whilst ahead.

onelegnofeet
08-04-2013, 13:59
Good to see you too Timmylish .Hope you are in better health and other things are now sorted. On Trip Advisor your lucky to get a thank you from most ! But if someone comes to love Tenerife as much as me from it ,then for me thats good enough .
Sorry to have woken you up ,i will type much quieter in future . Regards OLeg

blueeyes
08-04-2013, 16:10
oh dear this has been so sad to read

doingok
08-04-2013, 16:16
Been sitting reading this and from the start funny how things turn around Mmmmmmm.
I would love to jump in but cannot be arsed anymore but i could add fuel to the fire, double standard or what.

onelegnofeet
08-04-2013, 19:12
Yes DoK ,the bells are ringing a very similar story that happened to you !!!!

doingok
08-04-2013, 19:21
OH yes one leg the penny as drop and i was promoting an illegal company so they where trying to say without saying, funny how i have been on TA since 2005 and had no hassle what so ever till i posted a link of a weather page then i get 5 pms from 2 people i have never received off before about the same link and cause i didnt do as i was told i got deleted post and so on, the story unfold now thanks for the up.

warbey
08-04-2013, 20:03
One thing I like about this Forum is that I don't think it is over regulated. I think at times that becomes a Fault.

How much of the Posts address the Statement that T.A. Sucks.

I am no Angel, but the Statement about T.A. was about Reviews and Wording, and mentioning certain "Traders".

Sorry all You who feel aggrieved, but why bring it out here?

Probably Redarrow has said His Piece, and not followed all the twists and turns not directly relating to His Post.

so may I respectfully (of Everyone involved) say wrap it up. If they cant, could We have Off Topic sent to the appropriate Place..?

Sorry to butt in peeps........

slodgedad
08-04-2013, 20:23
Can we please all get back on topic?

This is turning into a silly ding dong.

Points have been made so let's all get back OT

onelegnofeet
08-04-2013, 20:23
Thank you Warbs ,ever the sensible person and totally agree .......sadly though as i said certain posts brought me here which really didnt help Red Arrow at all nor where they required.

Sorry Slodgedad your post came up as mine did .....I have no problem with any of my posts you wish to remove or send to where ever you send them to these days .

slodgedad
08-04-2013, 20:33
Thank you Warbs ,ever the sensible person and totally agree .......sadly though as i said certain posts brought me here which really didnt help Red Arrow at all nor where they required.

Sorry Slodgedad your post came up as mine did .....I have no problem with any of my posts you wish to remove or send to where ever you send them to these days .

No intention of moving anything.

Just tried to calm it down before it went silly

onelegnofeet
08-04-2013, 20:41
Calm i can do calm !!LOL..... so back to the over to the regular members ,