PDA

View Full Version : Home and Garden Has any one got a Tassimo Coffee machine and what do you think of them?

ofimart
05-04-2013, 13:41
Hi every one,

I am tempted to buy a tassimo coffee machine and wondered if any one has one and what do they think of them? Are the costa coffees exactly the same as the ones you get in Costa coffee. Opinions would be very welcome.

Jacquie.

mully
05-04-2013, 21:01
Hi Jacquie,I have got one and tried a Costa Latte,it was lovely!But put it in a nice cup or glass,it makes a difference,or is it just me! lol

warbey
05-04-2013, 21:04
My Daughter reckons it isn't as good as the Costa Latte.

Try pricing the things You insert before making a Decision ?

Susief
05-04-2013, 23:02
Hi every one,

I am tempted to buy a tassimo coffee machine and wondered if any one has one and what do they think of them? Are the costa coffees exactly the same as the ones you get in Costa coffee. Opinions would be very welcome.

Jacquie.

We have the Nescafe Dolce Gusto pod machine, it is so easy to use and 27 or so different types of drinks!
I noticed last time we were over they sold the pods in Mercadona!

Malteser Monkey
05-04-2013, 23:04
We have the Nescafe Dolce Gusto pod machine, it is so easy to use and 27 or so different types of drinks!

Blimey who woke you up ? :cheeky:

Susief
05-04-2013, 23:05
Haha watching Graham Norton with an eye on here!

Malteser Monkey
05-04-2013, 23:08
Haha watching Graham Norton with an eye on here!

Well make us all a baraquito looks like some could do with it :cheeky:

slodgedad
06-04-2013, 01:07
My niece, who is a coffee lover, says it's one of the best things she has ever bought.

I wish I could give a first hand recommendation but my body doesn't like caffeine.

Taste buds do but rest of me doesn't....:)

Albatros
06-04-2013, 08:01
Brilliant machine!! Easy to use and maintain.

Personal favourites are Cafe Crema and the Colombian. I can't vouch for Costa Latte.

Bazz
06-04-2013, 08:19
I too was thinking about getting one ......until I saw the price of the pods!

Albatros
06-04-2013, 08:28

Less than 30 cents a cup. Worth it!! Go On!!

ofimart
06-04-2013, 10:56
Hi Jacquie,I have got one and tried a Costa Latte,it was lovely!But put it in a nice cup or glass,it makes a difference,or is it just me! lol

No it's not just you, I know exactly what you mean and I'll be buying some nice cups too if I do buy one. Thanks for taking the trouble to reply!

- - - - - - - - - - merged double post - - - - - - - - - -

My Daughter reckons it isn't as good as the Costa Latte.

Try pricing the things You insert before making a Decision ?

Thanks Warbey, I'm looking at the pods availability and prices for sure.

That's interesting Susie I was looking at that one too and was wondering actually if they are all more or less the same really at the end of the day. I think for over here the issue is the availability of the pods for each model . You're right they do sell the pods in mercadonna, that would make it dead easy to refill it no worries. Thanks . Jacquie.

Megaloo
06-04-2013, 11:11
I have one and it is the best thing I ever bought makes lots of lovely drinks as well as coffee and pods available over here.

ofimart
06-04-2013, 11:11
My niece, who is a coffee lover, says it's one of the best things she has ever bought.

I wish I could give a first hand recommendation but my body doesn't like caffeine.

Taste buds do but rest of me doesn't....:)

Thanks slodgedad.

That's exactly the same as me to be honest. Then when I worked out it costs around 30c a cup which if you think about it isn't much for a drink. A sprite , cola, beer would cost more and I think nothing of having those in the fridge. I'm busy looking around at the prices of the machines and pods before I decide but the reviews I've got back from here have been good so far.

I have one and it is the best thing I ever bought makes lots of lovely drinks as well as coffee and pods available over here.

All positive feedback so far . Thanks every one !

Although I can look up reviews on Amazon etc I do value reviews for people who live here or know it here too as we do have to think about supplies etc, whereas in the UK it wouldn't matter we could just chose whatever we want . I've found out there are 4 systems of pods Tassimo , Dolce gusto, Nespresso, and Senseo, all sold at mercadonna APART from Tassimo which is the one I first asked about on this thread! I kow I can get the Tassimo pods from Electrocris but for most of us mercadonna is much easier as we do our weekly shops there any way.
For any one else weighing up the costs I have noticed the machines( Bosch ),which do the Tassimo pods system seem much cheap here compared to my UK Argos catalogue. For example 2 models I saw were €49.50 or €59.50 compared to the same models in the UK costing £99 or £120.
Maybe this may help some one else deciding whether to get one or not hopefully. Jacquie.

Bazz
06-04-2013, 12:14
Seems there is one on offer in Argos at £59.99 at the minute. What's the difference in the models?
I might be tempted!
Let us know if you get one! :)

ofimart
06-04-2013, 14:00
Seems there is one on offer in Argos at £59.99 at the minute. What's the difference in the models?
I might be tempted!
Let us know if you get one! :)

That sounds a too good to miss offer Bazz doesn't it from it's normal price . I think for €49.50 (here), or £59.99 in the UK it's worth getting the Tassimo T20. I've looked at different reviews on it now and it comes out top. The only significant Difference between the T20 & the T40 is the T40 has a half litre size bigger tank, that's all really so I'm getting the T20 which is more than enough for what we need.

Suej
06-04-2013, 14:16
That sounds a too good to miss offer Bazz doesn't it from it's normal price . I think for €49.50 (here), or £59.99 in the UK it's worth getting the Tassimo T20. I've looked at different reviews on it now and it comes out top. The only significant Difference between the T20 & the T40 is the T40 has a half litre size bigger tank, that's all really so I'm getting the T20 which is more than enough for what we need.

Geddit J!!!!!! I've had coffee from the Tassimo and it is really lovely! so many flavours to choose from!!!

Not got one though! :coffee:

Susief
06-04-2013, 16:02

The Gusto machine does tea/milkshake drinks too.
Can buy pods from Dolce Gusto direct.
https://www.dolce-gusto.co.uk/EN/shop/Pages/flavours.aspx
http://www.argos.co.uk/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/SearchMobile?searchTerms=DOLCE+GUSTO&storeId=10151&langId=110&tagBrand=Dolce+Gusto&tagCategory=Small+kitchen+appliances&cmpid=GG05X&_$ja=cgid:3387054374%7Ctsid:39182%7Ccid:81174734%7 Clid:2671854468%7Cnw:g%7Ccrid:19462146854%7Crnd:18 91730703455112810%7Cdvc:m%7Cadp:1t1

Albatros
06-04-2013, 17:27
The Tassimo does a whole range of hot drinks.

Local availability of the full range is another matter ... like most things.
eg . The Suchard's Hot Chocolate is excellent.

This is their online shop .... Tassimo Pod Shop (https://www.tassimo.co.uk/shop/t-discs/929)

The prices can often be less than in their shop.

ofimart
07-04-2013, 16:30
Just thought I'd update this to help any one who may be thnking of buying a coffee machine. I bought the Tassimo T20 in Electro Cris, CC Abora for €49 (on specail offer, the normal price is €81. ) https://www.tassimo.es/descubre/maquinas-tassimo/t20/893
I bought 6 packs of the coffee pods comprising of 16 pods of Kenya coffee , plus 24 pods of Starbucks coffee, plus, 8 pods of Carte Noire Macchiato latte, and 8 pods of Milka hot chocolate. Also got 2 free coffee cups as well and a voucher for 20€ off my next lot of coffee pods.

Grand Total for the machine and all this coffee came to €75 which is obvioulsy less than the machine would cost on it's own at it's normal price!!!
Had our first Latte this morning it was so easy to use and it was lovely so very happy with it. They sell the pods at Hiper Dino so will probably get them there next time as it is more local. Jacquie :)

Bazz
07-04-2013, 18:00
That's great! Enjoy!

Susief
07-04-2013, 19:22
Just thought I'd update this to help any one who may be thnking of buying a coffee machine. I bought the Tassimo T20 in Electro Cris, CC Abora for €49 (on specail offer, the normal price is €81. ) https://www.tassimo.es/descubre/maquinas-tassimo/t20/893
I bought 6 packs of the coffee pods comprising of 16 pods of Kenya coffee , plus 24 pods of Starbucks coffee, plus, 8 pods of Carte Noire Macchiato latte, and 8 pods of Milka hot chocolate. Also got 2 free coffee cups as well and a voucher for 20€ off my next lot of coffee pods.

Grand Total for the machine and all this coffee came to €75 which is obvioulsy less than the machine would cost on it's own at it's normal price!!!
Had our first Latte this morning it was so easy to use and it was lovely so very happy with it. They sell the pods at Hiper Dino so will probably get them there next time as it is more local. Jacquie :)

That's sounds like a very good deal! Might get one for our caravan!
Enjoy Jacquie!

Albatros
07-04-2013, 21:43
I hope you enjoy your choice. One of my best buys a few years ago. :)

ofimart
08-04-2013, 11:00
That's sounds like a very good deal! Might get one for our caravan!
Enjoy Jacquie!

Thanks Susie. Your caravan will have the lovely smell of coffee if you do , yummy ! Another word of advice would be if you do get one it is quite noisy so don't be alarmed by that it is normal and also you have to really push the lid down hard when you put the pod in, so once again don''t be afraid to do that you won't break it, although it does feel like you will .
I'd also advise that to save money on the milk pods buy one of those little battery hand wisks and use your own milk (I prefer semi ), so you then only have to buy the coffee pods. This will save you lots and also you can really wisk up a nice frothy coffee with as much milk as you prefer. Enjoy !! J xx :yum:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/IKEA-PRODUKT-Milk-Frother-Coloured/dp/B007PONUI8/ref=sr_1_sc_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1365415109&sr=8-2-spell&keywords