PDA

View Full Version : What mobile VOIP apps offer free calls over WiFi on Blackberry?

carpenter
06-04-2013, 21:11
Hi, my new job is taking me abroad quite a bit and of coarse I want to keep in touch with home life. I was annoyed to discover that the Viber app is not available for Blackberry (not free calls anyway) so does anyone else know of any mobile apps that allow free calls via wifi to anyone else using the same app?
I don't mind paying for the app or a minimal charge for the cals but free would be better :)

This app must be compatible with Blackberry and Android
Thank in advance

delderek
06-04-2013, 21:22
Kirsty has just mentioned an app called Line on my viber thread. Maybe that works on blackberry

Fivepence
06-04-2013, 21:28
Hi, my new job is taking me abroad quite a bit and of coarse I want to keep in touch with home life. I was annoyed to discover that the Viber app is not available for Blackberry (not free calls anyway) so does anyone else know of any mobile apps that allow free calls via wifi to anyone else using the same app?
I don't mind paying for the app or a minimal charge for the cals but free would be better :)

This app must be compatible with Blackberry and Android
Thank in advance

Get rid of the Blackberry carpenter......................:whistle:

carpenter
06-04-2013, 21:34
Get rid of the Blackberry carpenter......................:whistle:

I like buttons, I don't like touch screens

- - - - - - - - - - merged double post - - - - - - - - - -

Sadly Line will only give me the message option and not talk

trying MobileVOIP now so far so good.

I can't believe the name of the app is the same as my blooming thread title doh!

KirstyJay
06-04-2013, 22:45
What about the old favourite Skype? It used to work great for me when I was on my Comenius visits last year. I called my kids from Romania... Lithuania... you name it.

carpenter
06-04-2013, 22:51
now trying Tringme

What about the old favourite Skype? It used to work great for me when I was on my Comenius visits last year. I called my kids from Romania... Lithuania... you name it.

I couldn't find that, I was looking for it on BB appworld. I'll try again if Tringme does produce the goods :)

KirstyJay
06-04-2013, 23:18
Let us know what works for you, as it's always good to know :)