PDA

View Full Version : Tax Where do you pay your car tax in Santa Cruz de Tenerife?

zoezoe
09-04-2013, 13:50
Hi, does anyone know where you go in Santa Cruz to pay your car tax? We never received the letter as the car was registered to an old address in Santa Cruz.
I need to change my cars registration address also, which I think is done at Jefatura Provincial de Tráfico on Calle de Heliodoro Rodríguez López, 34 38005 Santa Cruz de Tenerife.
Any info would be great

Cheers
Zoe

cinnamon
09-04-2013, 14:15
the hacienda (oficina de atencion tributaria) is opposite the big bus station in santa cruz , in the avenida tres de mayo. hope that helps.

sorry, just seen you are in el sauzal. the annual car tax as such you can pay at your local townhall.

zoezoe
09-04-2013, 14:33
Cheers,
We live in Sauzal now but the car was registered when we lived in Santa Cruz and we never changed that and that is why we never got the car tax renewal letter. So we need to go to Santa Cruz and pay the car tax.

Thanks for that.
Cheers
Zoe

bonitatime
09-04-2013, 16:04
Who issued the bill ? If it was Santa Cruz Town hall the you can pay it in the Calle Fragata Dannark N6

lovingtenerife
26-05-2013, 16:14
Hi, did you solve that car tax problem?
If it is issued in Santa Cruz you must go to Recaudacion. It's an office that belongs to the Town Hall. Phone: 922-236-540. They can also send you the invoice by email if you ask them and then you can go to the bank and pay it there.

But you know what? if you live in El Sauzal, why don't you change the address at Trafico? :wow:

This is very important because if you ever a fined for speeding or wrong parking you will never get the fine and you will find out some day that a 1000 euro is missing in your account. Then you will ask youself who it could happen. :dontknow:

So go to the Traffic office or, if you don't speak enough Spanish, go to a Gestor who will make this in one or two days and will save you the hassle of going down to Santa Cruz, finding a parking spot, make an endless cue... etc etc etc. The money a gestor takes is worth all that adventure! believe me! hahahaha

You can then ask for a direct debit once the address has been changed so the tax is taken directly from your bank account and you don't need to remind yourself that it's due...