PDA

View Full Version : Paperwork How can I get a residencia for my child before I set up my business?

Northern Monkey
11-04-2013, 09:25
Yesterday I went to apply for residency status for my new son. He was born in the UK in December but we have lived in Tenerife for 4 years. We have two other kids (1 is in local school) and I am currently setting up a new business.

When asked if I was working I explained our situation and the lady behind the desk said I needed to do the following:

1. To go to the INSS office in Orotava for a certificado de derecho a asistencia sanitaria

2. Go to my bank for a Certificado Bancario

I was then told I needed to provide sufficient evidence to show that we can support ourselves here and the figures I need to show in my account are 38,810 euros per annum! or just over 3000 euros per month.

I'm really struggling to understand these figures or rules. I never earned that much in England let alone here! We live in my in-laws house where we don't pay rent or bills and my Father-in-law is supporting us financially until we have the new business up and running. There is no way I can provide evidence of that amount of money going into my account and I am stumped as to what to do next. Can anyone help? or has anyone else had an experience like this?

If the info I was given yesterday is true then there is no way we can stay here and it just seems silly that the Spanish or Canarian governments would pull the rug from underneath us like this, especially as we are about to start a business which could really encourage and improve the local area and economy.

jmcd
11-04-2013, 09:41
Why not Speak to Jo in the Tenerife International Business Centre, in Las Galletas. http://www.tibc-sl.com/

They deal with all that kind of thing and are incredibly helpful!

I use them for everything to do with paperwork here!

Their telephone number is on the link. Call them! You will get the answer to your question.

Northern Monkey
11-04-2013, 10:17
Ok thanks for that, i'll have a look into it, really appreciated!

Tom & Sharon
11-04-2013, 10:27
Why not Speak to Jo in the Tenerife International Business Centre, in Las Galletas. http://www.tibc-sl.com/

They deal with all that kind of thing and are incredibly helpful!

I use them for everything to do with paperwork here!

Their telephone number is on the link. Call them! You will get the answer to your question.

From what I know, you need to be very careful there.

Goldenmaniac I would think is the one to ask and deal with.

Goldenmaniac
11-04-2013, 15:03
Yesterday I went to apply for residency status for my new son. He was born in the UK in December but we have lived in Tenerife for 4 years. We have two other kids (1 is in local school) and I am currently setting up a new business.

When asked if I was working I explained our situation and the lady behind the desk said I needed to do the following:

1. To go to the INSS office in Orotava for a certificado de derecho a asistencia sanitaria

2. Go to my bank for a Certificado Bancario

I was then told I needed to provide sufficient evidence to show that we can support ourselves here and the figures I need to show in my account are 38,810 euros per annum! or just over 3000 euros per month.

I'm really struggling to understand these figures or rules. I never earned that much in England let alone here! We live in my in-laws house where we don't pay rent or bills and my Father-in-law is supporting us financially until we have the new business up and running. There is no way I can provide evidence of that amount of money going into my account and I am stumped as to what to do next. Can anyone help? or has anyone else had an experience like this?

If the info I was given yesterday is true then there is no way we can stay here and it just seems silly that the Spanish or Canarian governments would pull the rug from underneath us like this, especially as we are about to start a business which could really encourage and improve the local area and economy.

PM me if you want to... but there are a couple of questions - do you already have a green residence certificate yourself or did you revoke it when you returned to the UK to have your child?

How long before you start your business? - If it's imminent that that is by far the easiest way, because from the moment you sign up as autonomo (self employed) you will have Spanish state health care (no need to go to Orotava) - then its relatively easy to get your children/spouse on as dependants, there will be no enquiry as to how much you will be earning so no need for the bank certs. What you will need to provide are modelo 36/7 from the tax office and "situación actualizada" from the SS. Plus Passport Photo and application form. Once you are sorted, you add your dependant to health care at Orotava or Granadilla if nearer - all passports, your residencia and legally translated birth certificates or family book if born in Spain. Then back to police station to get children's residencias as dependants of a legally resident EU citizen. Finally to the School and GP with all of the above as required

If you are not going to be self employed or employed legally then yes from July last year for NEW residencia applications you have to show earnings of the basic wage or above for each person and adjusted figures for a family unit (have a look here http://www.diana-mcglone.com/#residencia) If you do not work legally you will be considered as living on "own means"
Hope this helps.

You can start your business with a WHITE NIE paper and then get the residencia afterwards as described above.

9PLUS
11-04-2013, 15:23
^ Style.......