PDA

View Full Version : Employment How do you sign off being self employed in Tenerife?

woolli
14-04-2013, 17:29
I have a friend who is self employed, and pays the basic autonamo ( 260€ a month I think), but his work as dried up, and finds he now cannot afford to pay it. How does he cancel it, and what are the consequences of doing so. I think the money comes out of his bank account, can he just cancel it at the bank? Thanks in advance.

KirstyJay
14-04-2013, 18:45
He needs to go to the hacienda in Las Americas and fill in a modelo 037 to baja his autonomo. He will also need to fill in a modelo 400 to baja at the Tributaria which was in the Zentral Center, but I understand that now you either have to do it via digital certificate or go to Santa Cruz. Then he needs to go to the SS in Los Cris (he'll need to make a cita previa first) to baja with the Seguridad Social.

9PLUS
14-04-2013, 18:49
I believe you can back date it a month in the tax office.

woolli
14-04-2013, 20:30
He needs to go to the hacienda in Las Americas and fill in a modelo 037 to baja his autonomo. He will also need to fill in a modelo 400 to baja at the Tributaria which was in the Zentral Center, but I understand that now you either have to do it via digital certificate or go to Santa Cruz. Then he needs to go to the SS in Los Cris (he'll need to make a cita previa first) to baja with the Seguridad Social.
Thanks Kirsty, that complicated? He wont have a clue? Can he not just cancel at the bank?

doreen
14-04-2013, 20:38
Thanks Kirsty, that complicated? He wont have a clue? Can he not just cancel at the bank?

He can, but the clock will keep ticking ... has to be officially stopped as per Kirsty's details or a debt will keep mounting up.

9PLUS
14-04-2013, 20:39
Not complicated at all woolli, pay €1.40 for the baja. name and address and little more.

If he cancels his bank account, he will still be liable to pay he's contributions with extra on top.

Or pay a gestor €100-€200 and they will do it for him.

slodgedad
15-04-2013, 00:39
He can, but the clock will keep ticking ... has to be officially stopped as per Kirsty's details or a debt will keep mounting up.

Crucial point, D.

A lot think that just to stop paying will sort it.

But the debt keeps rising.

Goldenmaniac
15-04-2013, 09:02
As said above - MOdelo 37 at the Hacienda near the Green Hospital, Santa Cruz Administración Tributaria Canaria for Baja of IGIC (Avda 3 de Mayo) and Most importantly Baja Seguridad Social, make appointment in person or by phoning 922 60 25 10 becuase as said this debt will keep on running AND attract a fine everytime refused at your bank and eventually interest and will eventually result in embargos of property or bank accounts.

They will backdate the baja up to the beginning of the month before the current one.

Do not forget to still present final tax/ end of year returns and do your declaración de la renta - you may have something to come back.

If you can't afford your accountant any more you can make an appointment at the tax office to help you to do your modelos (but will be in Spanish of course) and finally Keep all your documentation for at least 5 years just in case.

The main consequence of stopping is your health cover will also stop 90 days after you baja (ie stop paying the last contributions) unless you are able to go as a beneficiary to a family member or process a sin recursos (without means) application see your surgery for info on that.

KirstyJay
15-04-2013, 18:56
It sounds complicated, but it really isn't. I used to do it every year... Alta and Baja. The biggest pain is the queuing.

jmcd
16-04-2013, 14:13
If you are in the south of Tenerife, the Tenerife International Business centre in Las Galletas will take all the worry off your shoulders. They do EVERYTHING!!!!

Speak to Jo

LINK with email and Tel. No´s http://www.tibc-sl.com/

They are English and Spanish.

I always take everything to them! they are friendly, helpful and a real blessing when it comes to all the legal paperwork etc.

And they are not expensive.

I would rather go to them and have them deal with things for me. Then I know it will be done right.

They know about Spanish laws and even the constant changes too!!!

I highly recommend them!!!!

carpenter
21-04-2013, 17:10
http://www.signingsavvy.com/sign/UNEMPLOYED/6998/1