PDA

View Full Version : Where is the best place to be based in Tenerife?

RN13
14-04-2013, 17:54
We are looking to spend some time in the hottest, driest, least windy part of Tenerife which appears to be in the south rather than in the capital? Where best fits the bill please?

marbro8
14-04-2013, 19:39
We are looking to spend some time in the hottest, driest, least windy part of Tenerife which appears to be in the south rather than in the capital? Where best fits the bill please?you will have to give us some more details RN13, what sort of budget are you on? it would be no good suggesting the sir anthony in las americas at about £250 a night if your budget is more the revron in los cris?, what sort of place do you want, the more upmarket del douque or the lively las americas, how long are you staying, do you want tourist area or more secluded and out of the way in a little village in the mountains;)

warbey
14-04-2013, 19:56
We, over the Years have stayed in Americas and Los Cristianos.
Eight Hotels in all at various Locations. Never disappointed at any.

As Marbro8 says, it depend on Individuals what suits them best.
Plenty at Torviscas further along, so I would opt for Americas, because there's plenty in either Direction.

trevorife2
14-04-2013, 20:07
I have always stayed aroud the columbus/ california in las americas , i find it a good base with nice walks to los cristianos and surrounding areas , this area i find has decent price accomodation and lovley bars resturants .

RN13
15-04-2013, 09:50
you will have to give us some more details RN13, what sort of budget are you on? it would be no good suggesting the sir anthony in las americas at about £250 a night if your budget is more the revron in los cris?, what sort of place do you want, the more upmarket del douque or the lively las americas, how long are you staying, do you want tourist area or more secluded and out of the way in a little village in the mountains;)

At this stage, I am merely enquiring abut the weather rather than actual places to stay. thanks.

ribuck
15-04-2013, 10:21
Los Gigantes and Playa del Santiago have the most hours of sunshine of anywhere in Tenerife.

kiwiphil
15-04-2013, 10:59
A time of year and duration of visit might help.

Jollypolly
15-04-2013, 15:24
Los Gigantes and Playa del Santiago have the most hours of sunshine of anywhere in Tenerife.

I was always led to believe that Callao Salvaje was the spot which had the most
recorded sunshine hours on the island.

Mia
15-04-2013, 15:38

I agree Callao Salvaje :agree:

warbey
15-04-2013, 19:42
I agree Callao Salvaje :agree:

The Post also required the Least Windy area.. Is it STILL C,S.......?

RN13
16-04-2013, 13:21
Thanks very much for the helpful, non-silly answer.

ribuck
16-04-2013, 13:44
I don't know for sure, but a Google search for
tenerife "most hours of sunshine"
(https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=tenerife+"most+hours+of+sunshine")has far more results for Los Gigantes than for Callao Salvaje.

Mia
16-04-2013, 13:55
The Post also required the Least Windy area.. Is it STILL C,S.......?

I would say that the Callao Salvaje/Playa Paraiso area is probably the least windy too.

Suej
16-04-2013, 15:29
We are looking to spend some time in the hottest, driest, least windy part of Tenerife which appears to be in the south rather than in the capital? Where best fits the bill please?
The Golf del Sur and El Medano can be quite windy so IMO avoid those locations!:)