PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else doing a Race for Life in Tenerife or the UK?

minimadmandy
14-04-2013, 18:57
I was wondering if anyone was doing a Race for Life for Cancer Research this year? Whilst I was over in Tenerife for Easter I noticed a lot of early morning runners and though how nice it would be to run there instead of at home in the wet and cold.

I have never in my life run anywhere, although I have done various exercise classes etc. but I am running my first race (5k) for Cancer research in June.

Last year my mum was diagnosed with breast cancer and has since undergone radiotherapy and a course of chemotherapy. The last chemo session was on Monday. Feeling completely and utterly useless that I couldn't do anything I decided I would try and raise funds which are vital for Cancer Research UK's life-saving work into preventing, diagnosing and treating cancer.

I could have walked the race (some people do) but decided if I was going to do it I would do it properly. I've been in training now for 6 weeks and its getting easier. I have a treadmill and will venture out in public for the first time once I can run for 40 mins without having to stop!

I am coming over to Tenerife at the end of May and as its only two weeks before the race so thought it might be nice to run along the sea front to keep up the training!

YOUNG GOLFER
15-04-2013, 01:00
Well I wish you luck and hope you raise a lot of money..... I am not running but I have a friend who is and I have given her a little towards a good cause.

slodgedad
15-04-2013, 01:21
I was wondering if anyone was doing a Race for Life for Cancer Research this year? Whilst I was over in Tenerife for Easter I noticed a lot of early morning runners and though how nice it would be to run there instead of at home in the wet and cold.

I have never in my life run anywhere, although I have done various exercise classes etc. but I am running my first race (5k) for Cancer research in June.

Last year my mum was diagnosed with breast cancer and has since undergone radiotherapy and a course of chemotherapy. The last chemo session was on Monday. Feeling completely and utterly useless that I couldn't do anything I decided I would try and raise funds which are vital for Cancer Research UK's life-saving work into preventing, diagnosing and treating cancer.

I could have walked the race (some people do) but decided if I was going to do it I would do it properly. I've been in training now for 6 weeks and its getting easier. I have a treadmill and will venture out in public for the first time once I can run for 40 mins without having to stop!

I am coming over to Tenerife at the end of May and as its only two weeks before the race so thought it might be nice to run along the sea front to keep up the training!

:tiphat::tiphat:

its not me
15-04-2013, 01:37
we go for a run every morning when were in pdla its a lovely way to start the day once you get into it you will love it