PDA

View Full Version : Travel I want to bring my dog to Tenerife for the winter.

Dandy Don
16-04-2013, 16:31
The missus and I are thinking about becoming "swallows" next winter and I wonder if anyone has any info re flying a dog to and from Tenerife.

There is some contrasting info but I think (according to DEFRA) a Pet Passport and the correct jabs etc costs circa £150-£200 but any idea about cost of the flight, airports (we fly from Aberdeen, Edinburgh or glasgow), and airlines?

I'm not sure if it would be feasible to fly him over in Oct and back every March.

Thanks in advance.

Tickey
16-04-2013, 21:45
Expect as much as £900 for a flight and jabs (depending on size of dog) contact @Petsathome on here for full information

junglejim
17-04-2013, 07:47
Don´t think Ryanair fly animals - but there was someone on forum from Scotland recently moving their pets .

http://www.tenerifeforum.org/tenerife-forum/showthread.php?23380-Help-getting-my-cat-to-Tenerife-from-Scotland&highlight=flying+pets+scotland

Megaloo
17-04-2013, 09:25
I had a friend who used to bring her dog over every winter but from Bristol or Gatwick the dog used to travel on the same flight and I believe as excess baggage I will try to find our for you the dog was a German shepherd. But has since gone to Rainbow Bridge.

tracy hampshire
17-04-2013, 17:49
i was going to bring my dog a boarder terrier over a few years ago , the passport was 200 pound, monarch & I think it was thomsons or thomascook flew dogs if i remember rightly, at a cost of about 450 pounds one way for a small dog , but i am sure petsathome will beable to give you more up to date info & maybe help you sort out the flights, they are very helpful & can often find a good price on flights x

jago26
17-04-2013, 18:25
Trains and ferries?

Dandy Don
22-04-2013, 20:33
The dog is already micro chipped and he got his rabies jag last week (£45) and I'm now just waiting for his pet passport to come (the vet is sorting out this at no cost) which should be here by the end of the week.

@petsathome is arranging a quote for me for a flight as I write.

It seems Thomas Cook will do it from Aberdeen and Thomas Cook and Thomson from Edinburgh.

:0)

carpenter
22-04-2013, 21:46
I can thoroughly recommend driving down. It would cost (depending on how heavy your foot is) about £1000 which will include. Ferries,fuel,tolls and campsites and you have your car when you are here which is worth approx 300-400€ per month.
The journey from UK to South of Spain can be done in a couple of days.

Otherwise Monarch and Thomson offer pet travel. Pet travel is usually handled for the airlines by one outside company called TFA logistics http://www.tfalogistics.com/pet_travel_quotations.html and there is a very helpful lady there called Sue Atchinson 0845 6809002 or ouside UK 004 1753 685 393 email sue@tfalogistics.com who can help.
No need for a middleman, you phone Sue up, you say what flight you want your pet on and she quotes you. All you need is the passport, the vet check that your dog is ok to travel an airline approved crate that allows your dog adequate room.
Although you can fly pet out from most UK airports only a few UK airports are equipped to receive pets so you many be restricted to where to want to fly back into. I think Glasgow is equipped.