PDA

View Full Version : Can anyone recommend a fish restaurant in Costa Adeje?

carl
16-04-2013, 16:56
We're coming over on the 28th April for 10 days and would like to go to a good fish restaurant in the Costa Adeje area, any recommendations would be appreciated.

Thank You

junglejim
16-04-2013, 17:02
That´s a big area, narrow it down to near where you are staying !
La Caleta has lovely , if pricey , fish restaurants right on the sea side - Los Abrigos has lovely fish restaurants too -
There will be a few people on shortly to give better advice !
Mercadona has a great selection of all types of fresh fish - do your own for a fraction of the price !!

carl
16-04-2013, 17:10
Sorry I should have said within walking distance of Puerto Colon preferably but a taxi ride would be considered if it was really good.

We wouldn't do self catering, we're on holiday!! :sunburn:

Angusjim
16-04-2013, 17:17
Sorry I should have said within walking distance of Puerto Colon preferably but a taxi ride would be considered if it was really good.

We wouldn't do self catering, we're on holiday!! :sunburn:

How about Auntys Fish & Chip shop Puerto Colon great mushy peas :yum::whistle:

carl
16-04-2013, 17:22
Not quite what I meant, however there are no decent fish & chips near where I live so it might be worth considering.

Thank You

junglejim
16-04-2013, 17:22
Titsa bus 418 or 416 to La Caleta from top of hill at Puerto Colon -next to shopping centre - about €1.25 each - taxi back about €7 ,last bus is 21.40 .

http://titsa.com/index.php?accion=linea&IdLinea=418

http://titsa.com/index.php?accion=linea&IdLinea=416

There is a fish restaurant along walkway below Bouganville but I´ve never eaten in there so can´t comment .
I´ve had nice fish of the day in El Gomero , plus their Octopus (Pulpo a la Gallega ) or their seafood platter - up past the bus station at Las Terrazas .

marbro8
16-04-2013, 17:37
How about Auntys Fish & Chip shop Puerto Colon great mushy peas :yum::whistle:i think that has been shut down for a while now;)

Angusjim
16-04-2013, 17:41
i think that has been shut down for a while now;)

Well not been down there for a while due to a phobia of PR's but that is really bad news for frozen fish & chip suppliers

junglejim
16-04-2013, 17:42
Not quite what I meant, however there are no decent fish & chips near where I live so it might be worth considering.

Thank You

There are no decent fish and chip shops in Puerto Colon either!

Red Devil
16-04-2013, 17:43
The best known fish restaurant near you is probably the one JJ is referring to, walk along Bouganville Walk from Puerto Colon until you come to mini roundabout near Jardin Tropical hotel, last one in row of shops etc is Gran Paella Valencia -that has one of the largest selections of fish on the menu that you will find anywhere. You will recognise it because there is always a queue outside to get in, portions are big and price is good.
If you cant get in there, go upstairs at restaurant next door but one, Vista Al Sur run by same family, same menu and lovely sea view.
Or catch bus to Los Cristianos and go into El Cine on the front by the harbour, difficult to find but up an alley between excursions shop and farmacia. Plenty of speciality fish there.

junglejim
16-04-2013, 17:53
Red Devil - I wasn´t meaning that one though it is excellent value - the one I meant is much further along past Jardin Tropical overlooking sea .

It´s here
http://maps.google.es/?ll=28.073998,-16.733564&spn=0.001186,0.002642&t=f&z=19&ecpose=28.07317432,-16.73417821,81.58,33.341,56.76,0&lci=com.panoramio.all

carl
16-04-2013, 18:17
Thanks for all the help, I'm sure I'll find my way to at least one of them.

marbro8
16-04-2013, 19:15
i would totally agree with junglejim, la caleta has some great fish restaurants, and the one we went to with the long balcony/walkway has stunning views overlooking the sea, i would personally walk there along the sea front, it would take about 40 mins? then taxi back;), alternatively why not walk the other way towards las americas and try terazza del mar? another great restaurant owned by forum member doreen, if someone can put a link to the restaurant on here you could take a look at the menu,and if there is something you would like that's not on there doreen would do her up most to try and get it for you if you pm'd her;)

Red Devil
16-04-2013, 19:57
Red Devil - I wasn´t meaning that one though it is excellent value - the one I meant is much further along past Jardin Tropical overlooking sea .

It´s here
http://maps.google.es/?ll=28.073998,-16.733564&spn=0.001186,0.002642&t=f&z=19&ecpose=28.07317432,-16.73417821,81.58,33.341,56.76,0&lci=com.panoramio.all

Ahhh, bit more upmarket than my recommendations then :D
Thought it odd you hadnt been in them!

golazzo
16-04-2013, 20:58
i would totally agree with junglejim, la caleta has some great fish restaurants, and the one we went to with the long balcony/walkway has stunning views overlooking the sea, i would personally walk there along the sea front, it would take about 40 mins? then taxi back;), alternatively why not walk the other way towards las americas and try theresa del mar? another great restaurant owned by forum member doreen, if someone can put a link to the restaurant on here you could take a look at the menu,and if there is something you would like that's not on there doreen would do her up most to try and get it for you if you pm'd her;)

Terazza Del Mar

sundownersvince
16-04-2013, 22:31
Lazy Daze bar just to the right of the Noella Sur Hotel. Sea Bass and Bream in there. Even do battered Cod too for us plebs. And very nice steaks too........:tiphat:

kathml
16-04-2013, 22:41
Tajao or Los abrigos as far as possible from tourists

pablo1
16-04-2013, 23:04
Lazy Daze bar just to the right of the Noella Sur Hotel. Sea Bass and Bream in there. Even do battered Cod too for us plebs. And very nice steaks too........:tiphat:

I'm sure if somebody wants a nice fish restaurant a British karaoke bar would probably be way down the list. Nice plug though..
La Caleta, although outside of Adeje is only a short bus/taxi ride and if you want fresh fish, on the seafront at a good price then you can't go wrong here.

junglejim
17-04-2013, 10:58
:fishing::fishing:
Ahhh, bit more upmarket than my recommendations then :D
Thought it odd you hadnt been in them!
Just walked by there today , below Bouganville , just past Vilamar on walkway - surprisingly it's called El Pescador ! :fishing:

sundownersvince
17-04-2013, 11:03
You can scoff if you want Pablo, actually I suggest you do just that, you may well be pleasantly surprised. Errrrr, and most people have eaten well before the old Karaoke starts up. You should ask for the sardines in treacle sauce, if the Karaoke doesnt make you sick that will......

pablo1
18-04-2013, 00:01
You can scoff if you want Pablo, actually I suggest you do just that, you may well be pleasantly surprised. Errrrr, and most people have eaten well before the old Karaoke starts up. You should ask for the sardines in treacle sauce, if the Karaoke doesnt make you sick that will......

I'm sure the food is very nice, it's just not somewhere I'd recommend to somebody who specifically asked for the best fish restaurants.
My idea of eating a nice fish dish would include seafront location and a menu designed specifically for fresh produce. It wouldn't include battered cod with mushy peas. :-)

By the way, I had no idea that the owners of this place are family members of somebody who I had a disagreement with on here a while back, so just to clear up before he continues to get angry, it was a genuine opinion that I gave, believe it or not kev I don't worry about what went on in the past or am I vindictive enough to try and put somebody's business down because I don't like them on a personal level. I appreciate how hard it is to succeed in tenerife so attempting to make it harder by slagging it off would indeed be a cowards trick. I'm not though so good luck to them for the future. :-)

junglejim
18-04-2013, 11:08
Just to get the thread back on track, the OP was looking for A Fish Restaurant near to Puerto Colon - IMO- there aren't any , just some that sell fish dishes ,nice places like Carlos at Club Atlantis , or Terrazza del Mar will give a lovely meal but I think La Caleta is the closest and by all accounts Los Abrigos ( further away) will be genuine fish restaurants - however, they ain't cheap !

pablo1
18-04-2013, 11:26
Just to get the thread back on track, the OP was looking for A Fish Restaurant near to Puerto Colon - IMO- there aren't any , just some that sell fish dishes ,nice places like Carlos at Club Atlantis , or Terrazza del Mar will give a lovely meal but I think La Caleta is the closest and by all accounts Los Abrigos ( further away) will be genuine fish restaurants - however, they ain't cheap !

Without doubt it's worth paying the few extra euros in a taxi or a bus to go to la Caleta. Like you say there are various restaurants that you could get a decent standard of meal - including fish, but if it's specifically seafood you're after then its a no brainer for me.

Foz
18-04-2013, 16:24
In La Caleta .... Masia del Mar is by far my favourite, though Piscis and Celso's are also excellent. If you just fancy fishy tapas at lunchtime, there is a small place next door to Masia del Mar which is fantastic (don't know the name sorry). If you go there ask for a table upstairs on the balcony .... it's a way better experience than sitting on the walkway. Enjoy xx

Rebelión
19-04-2013, 23:29
My friends & I are coming to Tenerife in 3 weeks time, staying at Laguna Park 1..................I have not visited for around 18 months...anywhere for nice steak in the area?

junglejim
19-04-2013, 23:34
Straight across the road at Marios is nice and is very handy !

Dutts
28-04-2013, 11:54
I have an apartment in La Caleta and the three main fish restaurants are Celso, Piscis and Restaurant La Caleta. You can't go wrong in any of them, La Vieja is there too but pricey. I recommend the seafood mixed grill for 2 at about 40 euros if you want to treat yourselves - enough for 3or4 incidentally depending on how hungry you are and don't bother with a starter either. Or just choose from the menu, I usually ask them for a recommendation. Choose your restaurant from your preference, all beside the sea and Celso fantastic for watching the sunset. Enjoy! I can't wait......

marbro8
28-04-2013, 12:15
My friends & I are coming to Tenerife in 3 weeks time, staying at Laguna Park 1..................I have not visited for around 18 months...anywhere for nice steak in the area?you could take a walk down to porto colon and try la paella valencia, lovely steak and very reasonably priced, or you could try el rodeo which isn't a million miles from where you are staying just by the cinema in fanabe , it is an all you can eat meat feast for around 15 euros:yum:

Rebelión
28-04-2013, 15:19
you could take a walk down to porto colon and try la paella valencia, lovely steak and very reasonably priced, or you could try el rodeo which isn't a million miles from where you are staying just by the cinema in fanabe , it is an all you can eat meat feast for around 15 euros:yum:

Thanks for the recommendations. We'll try . Had to change our accomodation to Los Cristianos, but shall travel over a couple of nights,as we know the area:yum:

marbro8
28-04-2013, 15:33
Thanks for the recommendations. We'll try . Had to change our accomodation to Los Cristianos, but shall travel over a couple of nights,as we know the area:yum:where are you staying in los cris?

Rebelión
29-04-2013, 14:28
where are you staying in los cris?

Cristian Sur....my friend booked it....touch of sun will be lovely !

marbro8
29-04-2013, 17:26
now your talkin;) no need for all that walking for great steak then, the best one my wife has had is at laconda next door to taylors lounge, a lovely but expensive italian restaurant, just come out of the cristian sur cross the road and turn right and walk about 200 yards and you come to a group of about 10 bars and restaurants, there is a mongolian all you can eat buffet on the corner just walk to the left of that and it is up there about 3-4 bars away, or try margareta's BBQ restaurant just over the road to your hotel gates, just walk over the road turn right and it is about 10 yards along that path, tbh you will not want to move away from the area called el mirador strip because everything you need is there, 2 great chinese restaurants, overseas and golden resource(our favorite)a good indian balti balti just up the hill from there,3 italian, the oyster catcher, shambles& taylors for good pub grub and a nice cheap beer( always ask for local when ordering otherwise you get the expensive imported carling which is nowhere near as good as dorada,estrella and some of the other local largers);) if you need any more info just ask and have a great holiday;)(ps sorry if i have gone off topic, i don't want to upset mike again;)

golazzo
29-04-2013, 21:58
now your talkin;) no need for all that walking for great steak then, the best one my wife has had is at laconda next door to taylors lounge, a lovely but expensive italian restaurant, just come out of the cristian sur cross the road and turn right and walk about 200 yards and you come to a group of about 10 bars and restaurants, there is a mongolian all you can eat buffet on the corner just walk to the left of that and it is up there about 3-4 bars away, or try margareta's BBQ restaurant just over the road to your hotel gates, just walk over the road turn right and it is about 10 yards along that path, tbh you will not want to move away from the area called el mirador strip because everything you need is there, 2 great chinese restaurants, overseas and golden resource(our favorite)a good indian balti balti just up the hill from there,3 italian, the oyster catcher, shambles& taylors for good pub grub and a nice cheap beer( always ask for local when ordering otherwise you get the expensive imported carling which is nowhere near as good as dorada,estrella and some of the other local largers);) if you need any more info just ask and have a great holiday;)(ps sorry if i have gone off topic, i don't want to upset mike again;)

Think we shall be staying up this neck of the woods when we come back in late August. Previously stayed at the Mirage/Beverly Hills/The Paramount and Dinastia.

Rebelión
30-04-2013, 08:41

Wow....thanks so much for that, you seem to have all the angles covered....it'll certainly save
going on Tripadvisor : )

marbro8
30-04-2013, 19:03
Wow....thanks so much for that, you seem to have all the angles covered....it'll certainly save
going on Tripadvisor : )you are more than welcome, take a look at the what is your 3 favorite restaurants in los cris thread, or just come to a meet up because we have a wealth of knowledge between us, like holiday's uncovered say "you will never book another bad holiday" we say "you will never have another bad meal";)

Steve 1968
11-05-2013, 16:57
After the demise of Blue Marlin I tried La Pergola in Puerto Colon and wasn't at all disappointed with their Salmon. I wouldn't call myself an afishionado on the subject though.:redcard:

who-r-ya
11-05-2013, 17:04
Please do not go into Vista Al Sur we went 2 weeks ago the fish is disgusting, yes it is part family owned by the Gran Paella Valencia people, which you can see people lining up outside to get in cos its real cheap..but you get what you pay for, its a filthy ****e hole!!

Balcony
11-05-2013, 17:25
La Vieja ......la Caleta

We have had some great meals at La Vieja, professional service, good view out to sea! The food we had was excellent and if you're not sure what you want the waiting staff will help.