PDA

View Full Version : Holiday Rental Tenerife Royal Gardens was not up to standard when we visited

golazzo
20-04-2013, 07:39
Well where do we start. Not the best of starts to the holiday if your ever thinking of coming to Tenerife, DO NOT choose to book Tenerife Royal Gardens. I have been travelling to Tenerife for over 25 years and this is by far the worst complex I have ever stepped foot in

Thankfully the Mare Nostrum Resort which is in no way connected to the said ***** hole came to our rescue and we now have a excellent hotel in the same location

Email has now been sent to the owners of the apartment explaining the situation and that we expect a full refund before we return home otherwise a taxi ride to the said office and feel the wrath of myself who was not a happy bunny at 2pm yesterday afternoon

Thankfully now chillaxin out ( hate that phrase) with a pint of Lager having to put up with 32 degrees

9PLUS
20-04-2013, 08:33
Well where do we start. Not the best of starts to the holiday if your ever thinking of coming to Tenerife, DO NOT choose to book Tenerife Royal Gardens. I have been travelling to Tenerife for over 25 years and this is by far the worst complex I have ever stepped foot in

you haven't stayed in sur y sol apartments then?

x

marbro8
20-04-2013, 09:17

Thankfully the Mare Nostrum Resort which is in no way connected to the said ***** hole came to our rescue and we now have a excellent hotel in the same location

Email has now been sent to the owners of the apartment explaining the situation and that we expect a full refund before we return home otherwise a taxi ride to the said office and feel the wrath of myself who was not a happy bunny at 2pm yesterday afternoon

Thankfully now chillaxin out ( hate that phrase) with a pint of Lager having to put up with 32 degreescould you give us some more details golazzo? so no one else makes the same mistake, i always thought that trg was time share and a bit up market:dontknow:

Bobby
20-04-2013, 09:33
could you give us some more details golazzo? so no one else makes the same mistake, i always thought that trg was time share and a bit up market:dontknow:

I believe all the time shares have been sold off since 2010. Since then the pool area has been better and not so crowded although saying that I have not been since 2011 due to ill health.

Tickey
20-04-2013, 10:04
I can't see the point of putting a post on saying "nothing" It is a bit like me saying I'm not shopping at Mercadona anymore and neither should anyone else - Lidl is better :doh:

LUCKY
20-04-2013, 10:15
Pray do tell more the poor ferret is quaking with interest in the corner :feret:

timmylish
20-04-2013, 11:27
There seems to be a plethora of inane postings on this Forum over the last few days, from a new, apparent female, poster using the cover name of a Spanish literary group in the last century (new poster on a fitba' thread!) to this amazing effort at a shock posting.
As a bye TRG was a T/s resort years ago and tbh I thought that most of the units on this complex are of a high standard. Certainly the units I,ve visited are really lovely.

Suej
20-04-2013, 11:37
you haven't stayed in sur y sol apartments then?

x

Or the Torres!http://www.postsmile.net/img/20/2008.gif

- - - - - - - - - - merged double post - - - - - - - - - -

I can't see the point of putting a post on saying "nothing" It is a bit like me saying I'm not shopping at Mercadona anymore and neither should anyone else - Lidl is better :doh:

Yeah! lets hear the dirt!!!http://www.postsmile.net/img/19/1968.gif

doreen
20-04-2013, 13:41
As a bye TRG was a T/s resort years ago and tbh I thought that most of the units on this complex are of a high standard. Certainly the units I,ve visited are really lovely.

Some very modern units on holiday lettings site ... complex looking good here (http://redqueenmusings.wordpress.com/2011/09/20/tenerife-royal-garden-playa-de-las-americas/)

Christine12
20-04-2013, 14:50

Thankfully now chillaxin out ( hate that phrase) with a pint of Lager having to put up with 32 degrees

Kindly explain your comments as I know this is a very nice complex and great location.

Many thanks.

fixer
20-04-2013, 15:10
But not now a legal holiday complex since they were sold off or im i wrong?

Fivepence
20-04-2013, 15:15
I think the OP needs to give details to back up his claim.

TRG's are in a good location and people I know always gave good reports when they stayed there.
Something must have changed drastically...............and I suppose that's possible.

:dontknow:

Bazz
20-04-2013, 17:00
I wanted to stay at Tenerife Royal Gardens and tried to book an apartment with a person who i think manages holiday lets there called Roberto - got no reply! Also tried to get a private let with an UK owner - got no reply! rolleyes2:
I am not going to run after people begging. They should at least have the manners to acknowledge your enquiry. ;)
Plenty more places to stay. :raspberry:

golazzo
20-04-2013, 17:07
What's all this about back up my claims. Ill tell you now it's a bl**dy *****e hole and is the worst place I have stayed in, in 25 years coming to Tenerife

I checked out within arriving of a hour of landing, it's disgusting and wouldn't let my dog stay there.

The complex itself is in dissaray from top to bottom. Sewage smell is beyond acceptable an live wires, builders around and safety tape in and around the complex in abundance

Thankfully we didn't even stay the night

Don't question my accounts of this complex, I've travelled enoughtbtimes to give balanced and honest reviews. I am not one of those who goes around for the fun of it slagging off something that's not true

could you give us some more details golazzo? so no one else makes the same mistake, i always thought that trg was time share and a bit up market:dontknow:

Upmarket. PMSL.

I believe all the time shares have been sold off since 2010. Since then the pool area has been better and not so crowded although saying that I have not been since 2011 due to ill health.

No bar open. Pool area cordoned off with red/white tape. Main entrance resembled Beirut after a bombing. Need I go on

Kindly explain your comments as I know this is a very nice complex and great location.

Many thanks.

Read my reviews or go and book a apartment and waste your well earned money. Your choice

I wanted to stay at Tenerife Royal Gardens and tried to book an apartment with a person who i think manages holiday lets there called Roberto - got no reply! Also tried to get a private let with an UK owner - got no reply! rolleyes2:
I am not going to run after people begging. They should at least have the manners to acknowledge your enquiry. ;)
Plenty more places to stay. :raspberry:

Well done for sticking to your guns. You have just saved yourself from the holiday from hell

pablo1
20-04-2013, 17:26
Seems a shame if this complex has been allowed to deteriorate as it used to be a decent complex a few years ago. Location is absolutely perfect for both LC and LA and you couldn't get any nearer a couple of nice beaches.
Be interesting if anyone can shed any light on the reasons for the apparent decline of the place.

9PLUS
20-04-2013, 17:34
Maybe it's the lack of pea soup and a 7th Star Wars film?

Tickey
20-04-2013, 17:35
Don't question my accounts of this complex

Are you some sort of royalty or what? FFS get a grip! this is a forum for discussion not bowing down to your opinion :bootyshake:

golazzo
20-04-2013, 18:08
Are you some sort of royalty or what? FFS get a grip! this is a forum for discussion not bowing down to your opinion :bootyshake:

Not royalty at all but why question a report that's true. Get a grip or get a life

Loaded
20-04-2013, 18:11
Maybe they need a management agent Onsite pulling the strings?

Harmonicaman
20-04-2013, 18:12
Maybe they need a management agent Onsite pulling the strings?

...I think someone should start an illegal lettings thread...

Loaded
20-04-2013, 18:15
...I think someone should start an illegal lettings thread...

Definitely long overdue !

Ed3229
20-04-2013, 18:36
This is the latest review from tripadvisor.....

“Ideal location, quiet and extremely relaxing”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 19 April 2013 NEW

We visited TRG as a small group in the Easter holidays. Booked a taxi from the airport through Orange Bus - who I have used before and are excellent. On arrival a security guard greeted us and told us where to go to collect our keys. Booked apartment through Stephen at Cloud 10 Renting. V good and professional service and would use them again. They have an office in Block A. Got the keys and finally (bit disorientated!) got to the apartment. Lovely - fresh, clean, 2 bathrooms, open plan kitchen/sitting room, TV had all the normal English channels, a big balcony with sun loungers on etc. Nothing to fault here at all. Balcony overlooked the pool with lovely sea views. Very nice indeed. There are lifts in the complex but we were on the first floor so used the stairs all the time.

The main areas are kept spotless, rubbish emptied daily around the pool etc. In fact there always seemed to be someone cleaning! Pool area stunning. Area with washing machines if you need to wash clothes. There is a security guard on from 11am - 7am daily. So somebody there all through the night which is nice to know. Nobody can get in unless you have a code. This is an ex time share facility - with all the apartments now privately owned. That said, not many of them were being used when we were there so it was quiet.

Located right on the main walkway by Las Vistas beach. Brilliant location - near to everything, Oasis Centre, Strip, Patch etc. If you want nightlife it really is on your doorstep but if you also want peace and quiet - on entering TRG it was like coming into a small oasis.

Considering it was the Easter holidays not masses of children running around. There is a children's pool but no other facilities for them (pool table perhaps?) The sunbeds get locked up at night (the nice blue ones that is!). Every morning 10am or even 11am some days the lifeguard unlocks them. Usual mad rush by some. The white ones are OK - you can also hire cushions for them from Cloud 10 renting for E5 for the week. Didnt know this until we checked out though! Well worth doing and then you don't have to rush for a bed!

The pool is fresh water and kept extremely clean. It was lovely to look at and not at all deep. It was however, flippin freezing! I normal swim every day on holiday and only went in twice so it must have been cold!

I felt extremely safe here - more so than at Compestela Beach next door (stayed there a few years ago). Went out running a couple of times early morning and lots of people around walking/running and enjoying the early sunshine. The area outside the complex is very flat and you can walk/run for miles with no hills!

There was quite a lot of building works going on whilst we were there - especially around the front area of the complex. This didn't hinder us at all and obviously is going to make things look more attractive and welcoming!

If I had to say a negative it is that there was no poolside bar/snack area. We would have probably used this a lot if there had been. Understand that during the timeshare days there was a bar and it is still there but boarded it. Saying that the McGuinness Bar is just outside the entrance and they do a happy hour and fab breakfasts - cheap too! As you are right on the main walkway of the beach there are literally hundreds of places to eat/drink. Cheap too.

Weather first week of April was Ok - couple of cloudy days but no rain. (Better than the UK though!). We didn't have air con and we were hot in the apartment. We did have one ceiling fan in the sitting room.

I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this complex. Not a huge number of apartments to rent so its worth booking things early!
Room Tip: Get an apartment overlooking the pool - Block B and C the best for sunshine all day on the balcony.
See more room tips

Stayed April 2013, travelled with friends

Looks ok to me....

marbro8
20-04-2013, 18:42
looks like the north korean's have got there in between those reviewers going and golazzo getting there:laugh:

Loaded
20-04-2013, 20:34
To be fair if you read the tripadvisor reviews there seems to he an ongoing problem with drains which doesn't seem to be getting sorted

sundownersvince
20-04-2013, 22:35
So a spot of reconstruction work going on, whiffy drains, and a closed pool bar. By the way there is a sewage works immediately in front of TRG, they have to put them somewhere and they are dotted all along the coast. They all smell a bit. If all of the pool is closed then you have reason for complaint, if not, you dont. You have come in the off season which is cheap and that is when many hotels do remedial works anyway. If you go into that office to complain with your apparent attitude the most likely outcome is you getting carted away in a Police car. And I suspect they will take much pleasure in holding you until just after your homeward flight leaves.

Loaded
20-04-2013, 22:43
So a spot of reconstruction work going on, whiffy drains, and a closed pool bar. By the way there is a sewage works immediately in front of TRG, they have to put them somewhere and they are dotted all along the coast. They all smell a bit. If all of the pool is closed then you have reason for complaint, if not, you dont. You have come in the off season which is cheap and that is when many hotels do remedial works anyway. If you go into that office to complain with your apparent attitude the most likely outcome is you getting carted away in a Police car. And I suspect they will take much pleasure in holding you until just after your homeward flight leaves.

Are you smoking crack ????

sundownersvince
20-04-2013, 22:56
I dunno, whats it look like?

Loaded
20-04-2013, 23:20
I dunno, whats it look like?

Like the stuff in your pipe

9PLUS
20-04-2013, 23:25
Are you smoking crack ????

I is..............

Harmonicaman
21-04-2013, 08:44
Vince will smoke anything if you pay for it...

berni
21-04-2013, 09:01
I think generally, it is not the complex, it is the unit that you rent. I rent many holiday apartments and the condition and position denotes the price.

I have different prices for example on Parque Santiago 3, depending on whether they have been renovated etc and whether they have sea views of face the pool or a brick wall. It is wrong to make a general comment about a complex unless the photos you were sent and the info on the complex given at the time of booking was misleading. I rent out studios on Green Park and clearly state that the complex is a work in progress and the studios are very basic and sre of a budget standard so maybe the right course of action would be to contact the company or person that you rented the apartment from and take it up with them rather than putting people off from renting on this complex

PS I dont have any to rent on this complex so this is not a biased comment

chocaholic
21-04-2013, 09:54
They are renovating the pool and works that's what the red tape and building site is!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Loaded
21-04-2013, 18:33
If that's the case all clients should have been informed at some point during the booking process.

Medman
21-04-2013, 19:14
Looks like golazzo was very unlucky and picked a bad week and by the sound of it a bad apartment. We have stayed there the past three years, and yes some apartments are better than others. The ones that have been renovated and modernised are really nice. These ones have air-con, comfy beds and modern kitchens and bathrooms. We like the fact that there is no pool bar, as this makes the pool area a lot quieter. We always stay in this area. Up to 3 years ago we always stayed at The Mare Nostrum Resort. It was while we were there we noticed TRG with it's private balconies and own sunbeds. This is what we like; not having to put towels down on sunbeds at the crack of dawn, and with the fridge 8 steps from the sunbeds. That's what we liked about MR, usually plenty of sunbeds and at The Sir Anthony you have yoyr own sunbeds and splash pool. Last year we had a week in TRG and a week in The Sir Anthony (birthday treat). Enjoyed both weeks tremendously. TRG giving the best value for money at £400 per week with SA at £1400 per week !!! (certainly included breakfast)
The OP certainly won't put put me off TRG. Glad to hear that they are continuing with the renovations and improvements. The comments do not match my experiences. C'est la vie and vive la difference etc. :beach:

sundownersvince
21-04-2013, 19:58
I think generally, it is not the complex, it is the unit that you rent. I rent many holiday apartments and the condition and position denotes the price.

I have different prices for example on Parque Santiago 3, depending on whether they have been renovated etc and whether they have sea views of face the pool or a brick wall. It is wrong to make a general comment about a complex unless the photos you were sent and the info on the complex given at the time of booking was misleading. I rent out studios on Green Park and clearly state that the complex is a work in progress and the studios are very basic and sre of a budget standard so maybe the right course of action would be to contact the company or person that you rented the apartment from and take it up with them rather than putting people off from renting on this complex

PS I dont have any to rent on this complex so this is not a biased comment

Hi Berni, dont know whether I know you or not but as you can probably tell by my username I frequent said bar on Green Park. Also own on there and will be coming out tomorrow. To be honest I also know someone who has two apartments on TRG hence my concern about the OPs comments. I have been in one of them which overlooks the beach and all I can say is I wish Green Park was even as quarter as nice! But then I'm just a bit jealous......:sick:

marbro8
21-04-2013, 20:04
Looks like golazzo was very unlucky and picked a bad week and by the sound of it a bad apartment. We have stayed there the past three years, and yes some apartments are better than others. The ones that have been renovated and modernised are really nice. These ones have air-con, comfy beds and modern kitchens and bathrooms. We like the fact that there is no pool bar, as this makes the pool area a lot quieter. We always stay in this area. Up to 3 years ago we always stayed at The Mare Nostrum Resort. It was while we were there we noticed TRG with it's private balconies and own sunbeds. This is what we like; not having to put towels down on sunbeds at the crack of dawn, and with the fridge 8 steps from the sunbeds. That's what we liked about MR, usually plenty of sunbeds and at The Sir Anthony you have yoyr own sunbeds and splash pool. Last year we had a week in TRG and a week in The Sir Anthony (birthday treat). Enjoyed both weeks tremendously. TRG giving the best value for money at £400 per week with SA at £1400 per week !!! (certainly included breakfast)
The OP certainly won't put put me off TRG. Glad to hear that they are continuing with the renovations and improvements. The comments do not match my experiences. C'est la vie and vive la difference etc. :beach:wow:wow:, you stayed at the sir anthony? we have watched them knock it down and re build it over the years, but the closest we have come to it is peering over the hedge by the pool like a couple of chads:laugh:

Medman
21-04-2013, 20:05
wow:wow:, you stayed at the sir anthony? we have watched them knock it down and re build it over the years, but the closest we have come to it is peering over the hedge by the pool like a couple of chads:laugh:

I believe it now 5 euros just to look over the hedge .. :crylaughing:

marbro8
21-04-2013, 20:15
I believe it now 5 euros just to look over the hedge .. :crylaughing::lol::lol::lol::lol:.....

Medman
21-04-2013, 20:22
:lol::lol::lol::lol:.....

Brilliant hotel but really not worth the money. It used to be about twice the price of the Med Palace before the re-vamp; now it's a about four times !! Probably won't be back and will revert to paying our 5 euro peeking fee ! :D

berni
22-04-2013, 08:48
Yes the name gave it away! After being in the rental business for many years, you just have to appreciate that people have different expectations and if you are honest with clients from the start you very rarely get posts like the one on this thread. Its when people 'big up' what they are renting and clients expectations are too high when they arrrive at the said apartment

golazzo
22-04-2013, 09:47
Yes the name gave it away! After being in the rental business for many years, you just have to appreciate that people have different expectations and if you are honest with clients from the start you very rarely get posts like the one on this thread. Its when people 'big up' what they are renting and clients expectations are too high when they arrrive at the said apartment

Exactly. Had they been honest and upfront this situation wouldn't have risen. Hopefully the situation will be resolved whereby we have out deposits refunded otherwise we will have to take it up with Paypal for a successful outcome

marbro8
22-04-2013, 17:59
Yes the name gave it away! After being in the rental business for many years, you just have to appreciate that people have different expectations and if you are honest with clients from the start you very rarely get posts like the one on this thread. Its when people 'big up' what they are renting and clients expectations are too high when they arrrive at the said apartmentyou mean like a typical estate agent:whistle::laugh:

jogger321
22-04-2013, 18:57
This would be an example of where an illegal holiday let has gone wrong and shows how some sort of regulation could have a positive effect on a holiday makers experience

Tenerife gardens does not have a touristic licence therefore anyone renting out their apartments to holidaymakers is doing so illegally

As pointed out the complex next door..parque santiago 3 does have a touristic licence

Its a shame the OP got ripped off with no recourse

Buyer beware!

golf birdie
22-04-2013, 19:26
This would be an example of where an illegal holiday let has gone wrong and shows how some sort of regulation could have a positive effect on a holiday makers experience

Tenerife gardens does not have a touristic licence therefore anyone renting out their apartments to holidaymakers is doing so illegally

As pointed out the complex next door..parque santiago 3 does have a touristic licence

Buyer beware!

so when I stayed in a 4 star up north and had a dirty, dark and damp room with so many things broken I will not list them, tell me exactly how regulations helped me? I checked out on the first day as they refused to do anything saying the hotel was full. They even stuck to the ''hotel full'' excuse when I went online and showed them their web site was still offering rooms for my dates. No refund just an email saying due to being busy this was the only room available.

warbey
22-04-2013, 19:27

Buyer beware!

Surely if Letting the Accomodation is Illegal, the Disappointed Hire DOES have recourse.

using this Information should ensure a Refund at least, if not all additional Expenses incurred as a result....?

Loaded
22-04-2013, 19:29
so when I stayed in a 4 star up north and had a dirty, dark and damp room with so many things broken I will not list them, tell me exactly how regulations helped me? I checked out on the first day as they refused to do anything saying the hotel was full. They even stuck to the ''hotel full'' excuse when I went online and showed them their web site was still offering rooms for my dates. No refund just an email saying due to being busy this was the only room available.

If they won't resolve your complaint ask for a complaints form - trust me they'll change their tact.

That's the thing about legal accommodation - you a least have the back up of the law and the tourist board, the OP has no leg to stand on.

marbro8
22-04-2013, 19:30

Buyer beware!well i can say that as we have rented on the compostela beach which has a touristic licence and we still ended up renting a bin:doh:, so in that respect it didn't help, and the company we rented off are well known, if you can find it read my review on trip adviser under the user name chunkster;)

Surely if Letting the Accomodation is Illegal, the Disappointed Hire DOES have recourse.

using this Information should ensure a Refund at least, if not all additional Expenses incurred as a result....?do you mean threaten to grass the renter up warbey:wow::laugh:

warbey
22-04-2013, 19:42
well i can say that as we have rented on the compostela beach which has a touristic licence and we still ended up renting a bin:doh:, so in that respect it didn't help, and the company we rented off are well known, if you can find it read my review on trip adviser under the user name chunkster;)

do you mean threaten to grass the renter up warbey:wow::laugh:

Yeah, He started it Mate..........;):wow::doh:

marbro8
22-04-2013, 19:50
Yeah, He started it Mate..........;):wow::doh::laugh::laugh:, remind me to never get on your bad side;), yes i suppose the treat of being exposed and fined around £14,000 would far out weigh the thought of having to pay someone their £400 back:laugh:

Tickey
22-04-2013, 19:51

Buyer beware!

I have it on good authority that TRG IS a touristic complex :spin: and rather than brand the entire complex perhaps the OP should just mention the apartment they stayed in as the issue was rather with the information they did not give out.

golf birdie
22-04-2013, 19:55
If they won't resolve your complaint ask for a complaints form - trust me they'll change their tact.

That's the thing about legal accommodation - you a least have the back up of the law and the tourist board, the OP has no leg to stand on.

I asked for the form, filled it in and a few months later a letter came saying they were taking no further action. Complete waste of time.

fixer
22-04-2013, 20:10
I have it on good authority that TRG IS a touristic complex :spin: and rather than brand the entire complex perhaps the OP should just mention the apartment they stayed in as the issue was rather with the information they did not give out.
Is the reception open does it have a sole agent ?

Harmonicaman
22-04-2013, 20:20
I think a guy called "Roberto" is the sole agent...don't know his full name.

golf birdie
22-04-2013, 20:21
I think a guy called "Roberto" is the sole agent...don't know his full name.

I think its Lord Roberto :lol:

Loaded
22-04-2013, 20:37

More like was.....

Fivepence
22-04-2013, 20:37
Roberto also rented out apartments in Compostela Beach at the rear of TRG.
Peterman Moral also rented out in Compostela Beach and they also do TRG.

Their website is here (http://www.peterman-moral-travel.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=blogcategory&id=67&Itemid=211)

Loaded
22-04-2013, 20:48
I asked for the form, filled it in and a few months later a letter came saying they were taking no further action. Complete waste of time.

This means the inspectors didn't agree with you

warbey
22-04-2013, 20:53

Is there any Appeal against the Decision, in that case?

Loaded
22-04-2013, 20:54
Roberto also rented out apartments in Compostela Beach at the rear of TRG.
Peterman Moral also rented out in Compostela Beach and they also do TRG.

Their website is here (http://www.peterman-moral-travel.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=blogcategory&id=67&Itemid=211)

And this makes it legal because ????

Fivepence
22-04-2013, 20:59

I never mentioned legal or illegal Loaded, I was just pointing out that Roberto rented out apartments in Compostela as well as TRG.
Peterman Moral came to mind as I was typing the post.

So why are you confused?

Loaded
22-04-2013, 21:04
Is there any Appeal against the Decision, in that case?

I don't know I'm afraid - I've never made a claim agains a business .

I would expect not, customer sends his version - business sends theirs.... Inspector visits and judges on what he finds.

Even if complainant was right, the hotel has a chance to rectify things before inspectors arrive (usually within 10 days).

Loaded
22-04-2013, 21:05
I never mentioned legal or illegal Loaded, I was just pointing out that Roberto rented out apartments in Compostela as well as TRG.
Peterman Moral came to mind as I was typing the post.

So why are you confused?

Who said I was confused ???

Fivepence
22-04-2013, 21:10

Who said I was confused ???

You quoted My post #56 and if you hover over your smiley at the end of your reply, it says confused.

Loaded
22-04-2013, 21:29
You quoted My post #56 and if you hover over your smiley at the end of your reply, it says confused.

Ha ha sorry that's cos I did loads of question marks - sorry you got confused :wink:

Fivepence
22-04-2013, 21:30
No bother.............:tiphat:

golf birdie
23-04-2013, 09:34

its the 2nd time they never agreed with me. 1st time was when I brought some glasses which after 6 months developed a defect. These came with a two year warranty. Filled out the form when the optician refused to fix them under the warranty and again a few month later a letter came saying no further action. No inspection of the glasses or any questions which makes me believe this ''complaints book'' is a waste of the public's time.

9PLUS
23-04-2013, 09:38
its the 2nd time they never agreed with me. 1st time was when I brought some glasses which after 6 months developed a defect. These came with a two year warranty. Filled out the form when the optician refused to fix them under the warranty and again a few month later a letter came saying no further action. No inspection of the glasses or any questions which makes me believe this ''complaints book'' is a waste of the public's time.

Is it possible that the inspector could be right, maybe it was a nothing thing that didn't need any follow up.??

Maybe your glasses were a wear and tear issue?

golf birdie
23-04-2013, 09:59
Is it possible that the inspector could be right, maybe it was a nothing thing that didn't need any follow up.??

Maybe your glasses were a wear and tear issue?

maybe so but seeing as it was a fault that had been fixed under warranty by the optician after 3 months and when I went to another optician to get them fixed after this, he said it was a manufacturing fault or the previous repair was not done correctly. Maybe if they'd asked to see the glasses they could of made a better judgement?

9PLUS
23-04-2013, 11:17
Was the screw thread damaged?

Malteser Monkey
23-04-2013, 11:26
Was the screw thread damaged?

What screw thread ? have you changed the title there too:whistle:

Fivepence
23-04-2013, 11:34
Jack Duckworth would have fixed his glasses for nothing in 2 mins. :spin:

Loaded
23-04-2013, 12:21
its the 2nd time they never agreed with me..

Take the hint lol

golf birdie
23-04-2013, 12:32
Take the hint lol

I have, I would never waste my time even filling in the form again as it is a pointless exercise :nono:

Loaded
23-04-2013, 12:36
So it has never entered your head that you might be wrong?

golf birdie
23-04-2013, 12:43
So it has never entered your head that you might be wrong?

nothing to do with right or wrong, the point is they don't even contact you to get the whole story. All they do is read what you fill out on the form and say there is on case to answer. They don't ask for independent opinions or evidence so what is the point?

hackney58
23-04-2013, 13:02
I have stayed at TRG for a number of holidays and found the apartment and complex good value for money. The apartment was clean and well equipped. We had no complaints. but after reading some posts on this thread maybe my glasses were defective!!!!

primrose
23-04-2013, 13:04
maybe so but seeing as it was a fault that had been fixed under warranty by the optician after 3 months and when I went to another optician to get them fixed after this, he said it was a manufacturing fault or the previous repair was not done correctly. Maybe if they'd asked to see the glasses they could of made a better judgement?

How on earth can they make a judgement without seeing the glasses.:dontknow:

Loaded
23-04-2013, 13:11
nothing to do with right or wrong, the point is they don't even contact you to get the whole story. All they do is read what you fill out on the form and say there is on case to answer. They don't ask for independent opinions or evidence so what is the point?

Surely you write the full story on the form ?

golf birdie
23-04-2013, 13:13
Surely you write the full story on the form ?

I refer you to the post before yours:raspberry:

Loaded
23-04-2013, 13:37
I refer you to the post before yours:raspberry:

What else do you want them to read? You get the chance to put your full story on the form and add extra pages if there's not enough room - if you can't be bothered putting the full story on there they will investigate as best they can with the information YOU provide along with their own take on the matter.

golf birdie
23-04-2013, 13:49
What else do you want them to read? You get the chance to put your full story on the form and add extra pages if there's not enough room - if you can't be bothered putting the full story on there they will investigate as best they can with the information YOU provide along with their own take on the matter.

if there is evidence it should be looked at. As for the hotel report I told them I had photos of the damp patches in the room and the things that were broken. I said if they wanted them emailed to them to let me know. Nada!
When a report is filed it is just that, a report. How can a decision be reached without looking at the evidence? As I said earlier, the forms are a complete waste of time.

9PLUS
23-04-2013, 15:47
Can we see your part of the form golf birdie ?

It may help others when doing such a thing, also it would be easier to see where (if you did) not give enough information.

warbey
23-04-2013, 19:20
So, to sum up, I conclude this is a story of ONE bad Apple in a Barrel.?

Loaded
27-04-2013, 10:22
I'm not so sure, go on tripadvisor and read the reviews all the way back to 2011.,,,, it's clear that all the letting is done by all the individual owners and some apartments get brought up time and time again as poor, there's several comments about people not getting their key deposit back because they complained about things!!!!! This is ridiculous behavior and not the right way to deal with unhappy guests!

TRG seems to be the perfect example of why the government wants one professional company running things in this type of complex. TRG is in prime position in the sea front and looks like a lovely complex - it's reputation is being damaged by a lack of organisation.

9PLUS
27-04-2013, 12:03
^ What he said

golazzo
27-04-2013, 18:10
Well thankfully we were able to get all our money back from the unscrupulous agent who I won't bother mentioning. Lets just say they agreed that the complex wasn't what it should have been and refunded all monies owed to me

Wouldn't put my dog in this place

9PLUS
27-04-2013, 18:14
I was there today lots of people about, stoked you got it sorted

Loaded
27-04-2013, 20:49
Well thankfully we were able to get all our money back from the unscrupulous agent who I won't bother mentioning. Lets just say they agreed that the complex wasn't what it should have been and refunded all monies owed to Me
Wouldn't put my dog in this place

Arona sol by any chance ?

golazzo
27-04-2013, 20:51
Arona sol by any chance ?

Should it be mentioned on this forum

Loaded
27-04-2013, 21:47
Lol why not? Only your opinion of a service by a business - people slate restaurants and hotels on trip advisor every day of the week.

golazzo
27-04-2013, 21:50
Lol why not? Only your opinion of a service by a business - people slate restaurants and hotels on trip advisor every day of the week.

Melifosi Consultants based in Adeje

The only point I would like to raise is that they had the decency to admit that the TRG was not very pleasant at this moment and that all of our money was refunded before we flew back home has promised by the company.

Loaded
27-04-2013, 22:32
Melifosi Consultants based in Adeje

The only point I would like to raise is that they had the decency to admit that the TRG was not very pleasant at this moment and that all of our money was refunded before we flew back home has promised by the company.

Fair enough.

Wonder if they realize they're renting illegal properties?

Loaded
27-04-2013, 22:37
How did you find the apartment ? Searches for melisoft bring up very little

Medman
27-04-2013, 23:27

It's Melisofi Consulting. I used them last year and had absolutely no problems with them, even when I cancelled my second week when it was advertised as a minimum of two weeks at that time. Not surprised they did the right thing by an unhappy customer. Well done.

doreen
28-04-2013, 00:12
Thought I remebered something from before http://www.tenerifeforum.org/tenerife-forum/showthread.php?10997-Has-anyone-had-any-dealings-with-Melisofi-Consulting-in-Tenerife&highlight=melisofi

Good to hear there was a refund.

its not me
28-04-2013, 01:32
going here 24th of july starting to get worried some one please give it a good word

golazzo
28-04-2013, 05:42

Advertised through Holiday Lettings

golazzo
28-04-2013, 05:48
going here 24th of july starting to get worried some one please give it a good word

If I was you I would seriously consider asking for a full refund.

What I also forgot to mention in all this was the fact a client of mine had owned on this complex in the past and before we came out to Tenerife I had mentioned we were staying at TRG.

I emailed him about what we had found and he said that he was aware of the issues but didn't want to put a dampener on the holiday. Fair play to him.

Sorry if I have put a dampener on yours but quite frankly people need to know about the issues raised

its not me
29-05-2013, 06:59
Fabulous location with great views from the balcony of two of Playa De Las Americas beaches, will definately go back. Surrounded by some great shops and restaurants with very reasonable prices, we could not have picked a better location. The apartments had everything you needed for a self catering holiday, however the local restaurants are so reasonable (even the ones along the beach front, which are usually more expensive but not in this location) and the food delicious, we never ate in the room once. The apartment had a fully equiped kitched, plenty of utensils, a washing machine, ironing board and iron, hairdryer, large flatscreen TV and 2 sunbeds on the balcony. We stayed in Block C and had sun on the balcony all day until sunset. There was also a electric fan, a ceiling fan and airconditioning, which I think covered every eventuality! As these apartments are rentals the cleaners did not attend every day, however we prefered this privacy but one phonecall and this could be arranged I was reliably told. On the point of cockroaches as mentioned in previous posts, we did not see one! Found the locals to be very friendly and welcoming, ate at a number of bars along the seafront and every meal was delicious, especially the fish menus and the prices were fantastic. We've only been home a month and my husband keeps asking me when are we going back!