PDA

View Full Version : Sunday 21th April - Real Oviedo vs CD Tenerife

FinnKris
21-04-2013, 11:38
After the slightly disappointing result last week at home, (1-1 draw) that turned out to be ok in the end as everyone else drew as well, this is a block buster game. Pre-game I'd settled for a draw & hoping in-form CD Marino can do us a solid against the third team gunning for top spot CD Leganes. Obviously a win here would do nicely but as a loss could be quite costly a draw would be a really good result I feel.

- - - - - - - - - - merged double post - - - - - - - - - -

1-0 to the home team Oviedo at Half Time

Real Oviedo starting better of the teams with a couple of half chances early on but Sergio saving comfortably. CDT looked a bit nervous to me. Much more even after this with neither team really threatening. Then around the half hour mark Sergio spilling a simple cross & their top scorer Cervero on hand to accept the gift. A bit uncharacteristic of the normally reliable Sergio, hopefully this one won't be too costly, although in a tight game like this who knows... Oviedo after this naturally with the tail up with the CDT defense looking a bit shakey.

We really need a good second half to turn things around. Unfortunately limited options on the bench with neiher Suso nor Cristo Martin available. I'd probably bring on Carlos Portero instead of Alberto in the middle of midfield rather quickly as he is a bit more creative from what I've seen. The only other attacking option is Guillem Marti who we might need to call upon fairly quickly as well.

I have to say though it's great watching an away game being played in a proper stadium for a change. This really should be the case week in week out for CDT, just a different look & feel to things. The pitch looks a bit worse for wear, but just great hearing the crowd in the background & (obviously) much better camera angles.

- - - - - - - - - - merged double post - - - - - - - - - -

1-2 to CDT the Final Score!!!!! What a result & what a turnaround!!!!!

Manx Tartan
21-04-2013, 12:58
Good result away. One step nearer promotion. What happened to all the money Carlos Slim was supposed to be putting into Real Oviedo to get them into La Liga.

Mike
21-04-2013, 13:00
GOAL of any season by Alberto from his own half. Loro goal not bad either. 2-1 final score. league almost won 6 points needed even if Leganes win all their games

FinnKris
21-04-2013, 13:02
Yeah, what a massive massive win this is for so many reasons. The gap remains at 6 points & Oviedo now further behind & us with the better head to head vs them.

CDT started the second half fairly brightly with a couple of decent chances blocked by the Oviedo defense. Oviedo though with a great chance to increase their lead around the 60 min mark with Cervero through but Sergio saved well.

CDT really struggling to create any real chances after this with Oviedo looking quite threatening all the time getting a lot of set pieces as a result. Then almost out of nothing, Luismi Loro with a bullet left footer in the top corner equalizing the game 75 mins into it.

Then the game really came into life after this, first Oviedo with a great chance to re-take the lead almost straight after, minutes later Chechu through but goalie saved, and then Alberto of all people catching the goalie off his line with a spectacular effort from the midway line sailing wonderfully into the back of the net!

What a turnaround just when I was starting to really worry, especially with Leganes winning at Marino seemingly closing the gap at the top to 3 points. What a game it turned out to be, great great stuff for us CDT fans.

Davie Thistle
21-04-2013, 13:24
..........well done the CDT! :bowdown:

6 points needed!

No problem!!
then I can really celebrate, both Partick Thistle & CDT champions!! :jumping:

FinnKris
21-04-2013, 14:31
Here is a youtube clip with the goals from this game (courtesy of zonablanquiazul), I doubt I'll ever get tired of watching the Alberto one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AMFTv3NzKQw

Fred Perry
21-04-2013, 19:07
Fantastic win for Tenerife. Thanks to Finnkris to keeping everyone up to speed. Quite a few Armada Sur were in oviedo today. They had a great time. The local cider tasted good as well ofcourse!