PDA

View Full Version : Relocation Moving to Tenerife with a baby. What benefits can I expect?

Teele Toomson
21-04-2013, 18:37
Welcome. I'd like your help. We are planning to move to Tenerife. I, my partner, and we have a 9 month old baby. The child's father continues to work in Finland. I am ready to look for work in Tenerife. Since I'm on maternity leave Estonia to February in 2014. Should I immediately apply for Spanish citizenship ? What is the Spanish parental leave benefits? Estonia, the benefit is paid 280 euros. Will I need a visa for me and the baby? Applying for Spanish citizenship, which is needed for this? I'd like more advice. help is appreciated :)

carpenter
21-04-2013, 19:55
OK I'm no expert but you can't get Spanish citizenship if you are not Spanish or at least the son/daughter of a Spaniard.
Your baby will need medical checks and vaccinations at 12 months, 18 months, 3 years, 6 years, 11 years and 14 years.
Healthcare is only available to those that are paying into the social system or have been paying into the social system for long enough to receive unemployment benefit.
Alternatively there is private health care.
You will not be entitled to any benefits as a newcomer.
The only Visa you will need is a visa card
We left the island because we had a baby and I wouldn't advise anyone moving there without first checking and double checking all the facts

sundownersvince
21-04-2013, 22:32
U Know Its Preferable

slodgedad
22-04-2013, 00:42
Welcome. I'd like your help. We are planning to move to Tenerife. I, my partner, and we have a 9 month old baby. The child's father continues to work in Finland. I am ready to look for work in Tenerife. Since I'm on maternity leave Estonia to February in 2014. Should I immediately apply for Spanish citizenship ? What is the Spanish parental leave benefits? Estonia, the benefit is paid 280 euros. Will I need a visa for me and the baby? Applying for Spanish citizenship, which is needed for this? I'd like more advice. help is appreciated :)

I'm afraid to say that to expect any benefits here from a system that you have not previously paid into is a dream.

You can move here and register, find work and accomodation, pay into the system for a while and then maybe, only maybe, will you be entitled to any benefits.

Just because this is a mainly English speaking Forum does not mean that Tenerife is an easy touch as England is famous for.

If you are receiving benefits where you are then I'd advise you to stay there.

warbey
22-04-2013, 19:39
The only benefit/s You will receive, is a lot of Sun.

KirstyJay
23-04-2013, 22:31
Welcome. I'd like your help. We are planning to move to Tenerife. I, my partner, and we have a 9 month old baby. The child's father continues to work in Finland. I am ready to look for work in Tenerife. Since I'm on maternity leave Estonia to February in 2014. Should I immediately apply for Spanish citizenship ? What is the Spanish parental leave benefits? Estonia, the benefit is paid 280 euros. Will I need a visa for me and the baby? Applying for Spanish citizenship, which is needed for this? I'd like more advice. help is appreciated :)You cannot apply for citizenship unless you have been a resident for 10+ years, with a legal residencia (or green certificate). To get a residencia you need to be employed on a legal contact. You are not entitled to ANY benefits for yourself and your baby unless you have paid in to the system. You then only claim what you've paid in.

I hope that is succinct enough for you :)