PDA

View Full Version : Other What's it like on Mare Verde, Torviscas, Tenerife?

peter_07
22-04-2013, 00:52
We're looking at renting an apartment in Mare Verde (phase 3) ... but read a fairly old review of the complex where it mentioned a sex shop / pole dancing club very close. Can anyone tell me if these are still there and if they cause any noise / disturbance on the complex ? Thanks

Sunlover
22-04-2013, 22:18
We stayed there a few years ago, although I understand it has undergone renovation since then. We were unaware of the sex shop, however we stayed on the back of the complex. The apartment was clean and basic and the complex very quiet. I would not want to stay again.

jillyo
28-04-2013, 22:47
Give it a wide berth..the sex shop is still there .. I would not stay here, there are many lovely apartment complexes near by.:c2:

slodgedad
29-04-2013, 00:29
Give it a wide berth..the sex shop is still there .. I would not stay here, there are many lovely apartment complexes near by.:c2:

To be perfectly honest I can't see how the 'sex shop' has anything to do with it.

It is umobtrusive and legal.

Many members would be amazed how many legal knocking shops there are around the resort, most of which are only known about because someone 'in the know' has pointed them out.

Better than street crawlers, by far..

YOUNG GOLFER
29-04-2013, 00:49
Nothing wrong with a sex shop think all complexes should have one ;)

slodgedad
29-04-2013, 01:00
Nothing wrong with a sex shop think all complexes should have one ;)

Seriously, it is British sensibilities that are the problem.

I live in a perfectly respectable area and the local 'knocking shop' is advertised by huge red lasers pointing in straight lines up to the sky.

Everyone knows what it is but because it is controlled and legal it offers no problem to the local community.

We all refer to it as the snooker club, because it looks like red snooker cues pointing up in the night sky.

Whenever we have visitors we are always asked what the long red poles are and always reply, 'it's the local snooker hall'

Locals, however, refer to it as the place you go for ...????.....(without a glimmer of British non understanding)

We've had a fair few leaders in the UK in the past century but mentally Queen Victoria still rules

sundownersvince
29-04-2013, 20:14
Its on the road at the side of the complex not in it. I have stayed there with kids in the past and although you may notice it I'm sure they wont if thats what youre worried about. Never noticed any noise coming from there either. On the same road but further up the hill you will find forum member Tonypub's bar known as 'The Pub'. I'm sure he will give you a warm welcome.

Santiago
29-04-2013, 22:33
I had friends who stayed there while we were out on holiday. We arranged to meet up with them at their apartment and it seemed very quiet but we did find it extremely difficult to find our way around as the numbering on the apartments was strange, to say the least. After about ten minutes we tried to find our way back to reception, but ended up on the road where our friends finally found us!

slodgedad
29-04-2013, 22:40
I had friends who stayed there while we were out on holiday. We arranged to meet up with them at their apartment and it seemed very quiet but we did find it extremely difficult to find our way around as the numbering on the apartments was strange, to say the least. After about ten minutes we tried to find our way back to reception, but ended up on the road where our friends finally found us!

I must agree with that. My wife used to work in the bar and whenever I took her to work I got lost 'taking the sort cut' on the way out.

9PLUS
29-04-2013, 22:46
Can anyone tell me if these are still there and if they cause any noise / disturbance on the complex ? Thanks

Only when i'm there with some of the forum ladies

xxx