PDA

View Full Version : Problems posting

Malteser Monkey
23-04-2013, 15:25
Is anyone else having problems using the forum this afternoon ?

There is a new banner thingy appeared at the bottom and now I can't post, reply or start a thread, also there is a long delay whilst typing.

I have only managed to do this by going through all the browsers that my work PC has and Firefox is the only one working.

When I click to close the banners at the bottom as soon as you go to another page they re appear ??

- - - - - - - - - - merged double post - - - - - - - - - -

can't edit now - don't know how this is going to appear
slodgedad mike in chayofa

primrose
23-04-2013, 15:52
Is anyone else having problems using the forum this afternoon ?

There is a new banner thingy appeared at the bottom and now I can't post, reply or start a thread, also there is a long delay whilst typing.

I have only managed to do this by going through all the browsers that my work PC has and Firefox is the only one working.

When I click to close the banners at the bottom as soon as you go to another page they re appear ??

can't edit now - don't know how this is going to appear
slodgedad mike in chayofa

That banner is doing my head in.Please somebody take it off.

Can't edit grey box coming up.Why would you want photo's of cups of coffee or somebody reading papers along bottom of Forum.

Malteser Monkey
23-04-2013, 15:59
That banner is doing my head in.Please somebody take it off.

Can't edit grey box coming up.Why would you want photo's of cups of coffee or somebody reading papers along bottom of Forum.

doing my head in now !

I_N_Cognito
23-04-2013, 16:07
Yip, you get rid of it, then next thread you go to its back, persistent piece of sh#t innit...

Malteser Monkey
23-04-2013, 16:36
What browsers are you two using - I am logged in on Firefox and Google and only Firefox will let me do anything

I_N_Cognito
23-04-2013, 16:38
Cant reply to PM's now..

And oops so##y, you know who...

Plus had problems posting this reply

Malteser Monkey
23-04-2013, 16:40
I can see the St George's banner here on firefox but not on google

very weird

Sorry it's Chrome not google

Can't edit now - wosssssss apnin

primrose
23-04-2013, 16:54
I can see the St George's banner here on firefox but not on google

very weird

I am on Firefox, can't edit and haven't got St George's Banner.

slodgedad
23-04-2013, 17:13
I am on Firefox, can't edit and haven't got St George's Banner.

I have reported this to our technical department as I can't seem to identify the problem.

Sal
23-04-2013, 19:18
I keep getting a grey box too. Have "gone advanced" for this post! :(

Addick
23-04-2013, 19:29
I'm on Firefox and to see St George I had to do hard refresh (Ctrl+F5) and posted this from the Quick Reply box (and can see the bottom banner thingys :( )

primrose
23-04-2013, 19:37
Off to watch the football, hope the two old fogies have finished reading the paper and drunk their coffee when I get back. :devil2:

BobMac
23-04-2013, 19:38
There is a bar coming up at the bottom of all pages on the forum for a toolbar called WIBIYA. It seems to stop you from posting or replying to any thread - I did a reset into Quick Reply to get this posted.

warbey
23-04-2013, 19:42
I use a Firefox Browser called Waterfox..

No Problems.........YET..

junglejim
23-04-2013, 19:46
Pain in the rectum ! canīt edit properly !
However , it's only on laptop- iPad seems ok ?

Harmonicaman
23-04-2013, 20:03
The forum's broke! I had to do Addicks (ctrl+F5) thingy to post this!

Sal
23-04-2013, 20:15
I have had the banner too - what's it all about.............but hey - look at me posting right here! (I'm easily pleased - despite what hubby says!)

Just tried posting on "St. George's Day" thread but grey box and lower page banners keep taking over! :(

marbro8
23-04-2013, 20:37
yipeeeeeeee i have made a post i feel like my body and speech are impeded but i can still hear what everyone are saying around me

Ecky Thump
23-04-2013, 20:40
yipeeeeeeee i have made a post i feel like my body and speech are impeded but i can still hear what everyone are saying around me

Nobody is reading your posts, so don't worry.:whistle:

Sal
23-04-2013, 20:49
What is going on? Where have these banners come from? Has the forum been hacked? :(

I want to post on other threads, but can't. :(

boredinscotland
23-04-2013, 20:57
Please take this crap off

Sal
23-04-2013, 21:00
F**k off Wibiya!!!

KirstyJay
23-04-2013, 21:19
The 'new banner thingy' is not new at all... It's been part of the forum for about a year, however it looks like the company that produce it have redesigned it and it's interfering with the quick edit function and some other stuff, so I've removed it. I agree, it is annoying that it keeps reopening when you go to a new page. It didn't do this with the old bar, it was a lot more discreet. Maybe they'll revert to the old design when they see how many sites uninstall it... :(

marbro8
23-04-2013, 21:19
F**k off Wibiya!!!don't stand on the fence sal:crylaughing::crylaughing::crylaughing:

Sal
23-04-2013, 21:20
Wow! Has it been sorted now? Well done Mods!!! :jumping::jumping::jumping:

slodgedad
23-04-2013, 21:20
I posted at 5 30 this afternoon that it had been reported to the techies. Have a little patience.

Sal
23-04-2013, 21:21
Got rid of the evil gremlins!!!

marbro8
Wow! Has it been sorted now? Well done Mods!!! :jumping::jumping::jumping:and don't forget the rockers:D

Sal
don't stand on the fence sal:crylaughing::crylaughing::crylaughing:

Me? On the fence? As if.........say it like it is!!!

KirstyJay
23-04-2013, 21:23
I posted at 5 30 this afternoon that it had been reported to the techies. Have a little patience.Yes, as the 'techies' were in class at 5.30pm ;) Sal, see my post above.

Sal
23-04-2013, 21:27
Yes, as the 'techies' were in class at 5.30pm ;) Sal, see my post above.

Well done Kirsty - glad you got rid of those a***holes! forum back to normal! :raspberry2:

COL NIL SATIS
23-04-2013, 21:30
Gah!At last i can post,been trying to post for 3 hours solid,think that wabiya app was heavily conflicting with firefox,the grey reply area wouldn't let me click it at all so i have been unable to post ,but it seems ok now

AL JAY
23-04-2013, 21:33
Gah, 3 hours of frustration! Im blaming St George, couldn't post using firefox so changed to Chrome,realised Chrome was akin to having an old Betamax video player and now back on firefox *Webbs St George all over the gaff* Im blaming Kirsty :whistle: :wink2:

Suej
23-04-2013, 21:35
Gah!At last i can post,been trying to post for 3 hours solid,think that wabiya app was heavily conflicting with firefox,the grey reply area wouldn't let me click it at all so i have been unable to post ,but it seems ok now

I haven't been able to post since much earlier this afternoon! The banner thing is very irritating on the eyes! Glad we're back to normal! thanks KJ! what was it all about anyway???http://www.postsmile.net/img/19/1950.gif

slodgedad
23-04-2013, 21:37
As strange as it sounds, while I was having the 'problem' the browser with the least problems was IE.

Normally can barely log in with it.

All seems fine now with good old Firefox...

Suej
23-04-2013, 21:40
As strange as it sounds, while I was having the 'problem' the browser with the least problems was IE.

Normally can barely log in with it.

All seems fine now with good old Firefox...

Has the banner gone for good Slodge? I 'ope so!http://www.postsmile.net/img/20/2083.gif

Errrrrm! I haven't got a thanks button anymore!http://www.postsmile.net/img/20/2075.gif

KirstyJay
23-04-2013, 21:42
I haven't been able to post since much earlier this afternoon! The banner thing is very irritating on the eyes! Glad we're back to normal! thanks KJ! what was it all about anyway???http://www.postsmile.net/img/19/1950.gifAs I mentioned in my earlier post (go back one page and read it ;) ) the bar has been on the forum well over a year. It gives information about who's online and lets you share posts easily and even chat to other online members and you used to be able to click it off and it'd stay off. It seems to have changed appearance today and this redesign has brought with it problems which we simply don't need, so if the developers choose to upgrade it and **** up (as Sal would so eloquently put it :p :D ) then it's history. :)

Unfortunately for forum members, I actually have to work for a living in order to make ends meet ;) and was therefore unavailable to fix it when it occurred. There are only 2 techie people on the forum. Me and Pooh. I do believe Pooh is currently in the process of moving house, as he posted about it in another thread :)

Errrrrm! I haven't got a thanks button anymore!http://www.postsmile.net/img/20/2075.gifYes you have. Thanks buttons have never appeared on your own posts, only on other people's. You can't thank yourself ;)

Fivepence
23-04-2013, 21:43
The 'new banner thingy' is not new at all... It's been part of the forum for about a year, however it looks like the company that produce it have redesigned it and it's interfering with the quick edit function and some other stuff, so I've removed it. I agree, it is annoying that it keeps reopening when you go to a new page. It didn't do this with the old bar, it was a lot more discreet. Maybe they'll revert to the old design when they see how many sites uninstall it... :(

Thanks KJ, it was annoying but didn't some of us get a bit irate...................:)
I knew someone would sort it and some people still have to work, so it would probably be this evening.

:c2: well done KJ......................................ok everyone calm down now.........................:wave:

Suej
23-04-2013, 21:48
As I mentioned in my earlier post (go back one page and read it ;) ) the bar has been on the forum well over a year. It gives information about who's online and lets you share posts easily and even chat to other online members and you used to be able to click it off and it'd stay off. It seems to have changed appearance today and this redesign has brought with it problems which we simply don't need, so if the developers choose to upgrade it and **** up (as Sal would so eloquently put it :p :D ) then it's history. :)

Unfortunately for forum members, I actually have to work for a living in order to make ends meet ;) and was therefore unavailable to fix it when it occurred. There are only 2 techie people on the forum. Me and Pooh. I do believe Pooh is currently in the process of moving house, as he posted about it in another thread :)

Yes you have. Thanks buttons have never appeared on your own posts, only on other people's. You can't thank yourself ;)

Yes I know that I can't thank myself KJ! but just went on a thread and No thanks button! but then refreshed and it came back! http://www.postsmile.net/img/20/2091.gif

KirstyJay
23-04-2013, 21:50
Yes I know that I can't thank myself KJ! but just went on a thread and No thanks button! but then refreshed and it came back! http://www.postsmile.net/img/20/2091.gifThat's always been the case. When you do a quick reply it uses AJAX javascript language to add your post (and any others that are posted while you are typing) the thanks only appears once you refresh and always has. You are only noticing it now because you are associating it with other issues, but I can assure you it's always happened that way, as the thanks button is not part of the core vBulletin :)

Suej
23-04-2013, 21:52
That's always been the case. When you do a quick reply it uses AJAX javascript language to add your post (and any others that are posted while you are typing) the thanks only appears once you refresh and always has. You are only noticing it now because you are associating it with other issues, but I can assure you it's always happened that way :)

Ask Steph I am very easily confused! http://www.postsmile.net/img/20/2066.gif

AL JAY
23-04-2013, 22:10
I reckon Kirsty left her handbag on the forum lever :crazy: :D

Santiago
23-04-2013, 22:17
Whatever the problem, thanks Kirsty for sorting it out. I just gave up this afternoon as nothing seemed to work, couldn't even post a rude comment!!!!!!!

http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-greet013.gif (http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys.php)

slodgedad
23-04-2013, 22:23
Whatever the problem, thanks Kirsty for sorting it out. I just gave up this afternoon as nothing seemed to work, couldn't even post a rude comment!!!!!!!

http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-greet013.gif (http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys.php)
As they say, 'Behind every cloud...........' :)

Malteser Monkey
24-04-2013, 11:31
I posted at 5 30 this afternoon that it had been reported to the techies. Have a little patience.

Ooooooo Slodgie I do love it when you go all Gary Barlow:kiss::faint::faint::faint:

BobMac
24-04-2013, 11:33
I reckon Kirsty left her handbag on the forum lever :crazy: :D

You won't find it so funny when she smacks you round the head with it !!!

Malteser Monkey
25-04-2013, 12:44
Well it all seems to be back to normal - well as it comes :D

warbey
25-04-2013, 20:17
What Problems are these...?

I haven't had any. (I use Waterfox though). .:D:D:flatcap:

slodgedad
26-04-2013, 02:03
As this problem has been identified and, more imporantly, repaired I am closing this thread

I have done this in case another similar problem pops up and the advice given and steps taken could be totally different so;

Thread closed.