PDA

View Full Version : Which software do you use for web design?

Balcony
24-04-2013, 12:10
I usually use webs.com to design website, which was easy enough, but I need to write a new site where I need most of the site to be members-only,so they have to sign in. Part of the members area would be in a forum style, essentially two pages and I would need to enable members to upload photos.

Has anyone experience of this and, if so, which software would you recommend? I would like it (reasonably) uncomplicated (no code) and also 'affordable'. I have ruled out Dreamweaver, only because it may tax my brain a little too much!

sgd
24-04-2013, 13:34
Have a look at Wordpress, Joomla or Drupal. With plugins you should be able to do what you need.

Albatros
24-04-2013, 13:57
Wordpress on a linux server. You can have the Wordpress installed in a secure directory using .htaccess to control access.
The few public pages can be created on anything that will generate an HTML page. A menu item link to the secure section.
There are loads of free Wordpress web templates out there and many quality ones for a few €.

Lots of Worpress tutorials on Youtube etc.

Belinda
07-05-2013, 17:50
Hi there,
I use www.create.com and also Wordpress.

I prefer Create and you can make any or all pages secure, requiring a sign in. You can try it free for a month.

Taylor
07-05-2013, 19:12
Dreamweaver oldschool is best unfortunately like all good software its got a bit Bloated now ....but Java Ajax and hard coding are always best for steam line code