PDA

View Full Version : How can I upgrade my graphics card on my laptop to play games?

ally9997
24-04-2013, 12:16
HI Guys,

Just bought the Sims City for my son, but after i installed it i got message saying
my graphics cards is below the spec required, so i went into system and pressed
update driver and still nothing arrrrrrrr, does anyone have any solutions to this
my laptop is a Toshiba Satellite bought in 2006, The games cost 60 euro so i really
want to try and fix problem.

Thanks Rant over :cheeky:

Ally

BobMac
24-04-2013, 12:27
HI Guys,

Just bought the Sims City for my son, but after i installed it i got message saying
my graphics cards is below the spec required, so i went into system and pressed
update driver and still nothing arrrrrrrr, does anyone have any solutions to this
my laptop is a Toshiba Satellite bought in 2006, The games cost 60 euro so i really
want to try and fix problem.

Thanks Rant over :cheeky:

Ally

I don't think you can do anything other than take the game back to the shop and get your money back I'm afraid. Upgrading the drivers won't alter the fact that your graphics card doesn't meet the spec for the game and you can't upgrade the graphics card on a laptop as it's on the motherboard.

Most new games won't run on older laptops as they require much higher spec graphics than a normal laptop will support.

Albatros
24-04-2013, 12:35
Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but your 7 year old laptop won't be able to run the latest games which require powerful graphics processors.

Tablets and laptops are all very well for the vast amount of activities undertaken but when it comes to proper gaming, desktops offer the best value. Upgrading a laptop is very restricted.

A laptop suitable for gaming is an expensive item.

Updating your graphics card drivers won't really deliver a solution.

EDIT : Sorry BobMac typing my response as you posted.

ally9997
24-04-2013, 13:20
Is there any kind of external card i could put in????

Albatros
24-04-2013, 13:49
Is there any kind of external card i could put in????

I am afraid not. :sorry: