PDA

View Full Version : Other Has the 100ml liquid restriction on airlines been abolished?

angel
26-04-2013, 00:47
Hi I have just been reading a magazine which stated that the 100ml liquid restriction on European flights had been abolished due to new scanners and quite a while ago I remember reading that the limit was going to be abolished however on checking on Stansted and Gatwick Airports official sites it still states only 100ml has anyone on the Forum heard or read anything about this ? Thanks

Kiki
26-04-2013, 01:44
My friend flew to TFS today and got her perfume taken off her for being over 100ml so im guessing not yet?

Susief
26-04-2013, 07:23
I had a 125ml hair gel taken off me at Manchester a couple of weeks ago so don't think it's been abolished!

princessmonika
26-04-2013, 08:17
also my friends yesterday got all there stuff taking of them, even so i told then not to bring anything

doreen
26-04-2013, 08:53
It is changing, or has already changed in Australia .... but sadly not Europe. And I've noticed that TFS who used to be quite lax about things are now much stricter.

http://www.ausbt.com.au/aussie-airports-to-phase-out-100ml-carry-on-limit-on-liquids-gels

kathml
26-04-2013, 09:02
Never had a liquid check TF to UK but UK to TF they're vicious

bonitatime
26-04-2013, 09:29
Mainland Europe is fairly relaxed

kez1000
27-04-2013, 09:46
It still says 100ml on the signs so I expect they could enforce it.

universal
27-04-2013, 11:24
U.K. Govt. advice as of 13.04.13:

Taking liquids through security
There are restrictions on the amount of liquids you can take in your hand luggage. If possible, pack liquids in your hold baggage (luggage that you check in).

If you do take liquids in your hand luggage then:

containers must hold no more than 100ml
containers should be in a single, transparent, resealable plastic bag, which holds no more than a litre and measures approximately 20cm x 20cm
contents must fit comfortably inside the bag so it can be sealed
the bag must not be knotted or tied at the top
it is limited to 1 plastic bag per person
you must show the bag at the airport security point
Liquid in containers larger than 100ml (except those for medical purposes, special dietary requirements or baby food) can’t go through security even if the container is only part full.

Liquids include:

all drinks, including water, soup and syrups
cosmetics and toiletries, including creams, lotions, oils, perfumes, mascara and lipsticks
sprays, including shaving foam, hairspray and spray deodorants
pastes, including toothpaste
gels, including hair and shower gel
contact lens solution
any other solutions and items of similar consistency
Airport security staff won’t let through anything they consider dangerous - even if it’s normally allowed in hand luggage.

Dan747
30-04-2013, 03:33
Quite right guys, restrictions are still fully in place and there are no plans at the moment to change them.

mully
30-04-2013, 22:18
I flew home from Tenerife last week with 2 x 100ml bottles of aftershaves,still in their boxes as they were presents in my hand luggage and did not get stopped,might have been lucky?

kathml
30-04-2013, 22:22
I flew home from Tenerife last week with 2 x 100ml bottles of aftershaves,still in their boxes as they were presents in my hand luggage and did not get stopped,might have been lucky?

It's from the uk the problem arises the authorities in Tenerife don't seem to bother

Dan747
02-05-2013, 02:16
To be fair, if you don't actually get them out your baggage and put them into the transparent bags, there's a chance you'll get through with them, especially small items, larger bottles 'should' be noticed.

As stated, the UK airports are a lot more strict and clued up on spotting liquids, though my other half passed through a UK airport the other month with some liquid makeup still in her bag and it wasn't picked up on.

ribuck
02-05-2013, 11:52
I was on a flight to Tenerife when a lady in the row in front of me became quite distressed. She told the cabin crew that she'd discovered her half-full water bottle in her carry-on bag. I think she had visions of being carted off to Gitmo or something.

Anyway, the cabin crew told her that "if it got past security, your water is no problem for us" and the passenger calmed down.