PDA

View Full Version : Animal Chat Why won't people pick up after their dogs in Tenerife?

blondie
26-04-2013, 11:03
We just got back from Tenerife this week after another lovely holiday and what beautiful weather this time not a cloud in the sky. I ccould not believe the amount of dogs people now have. I am a dog lover but even I could not work out some of the breeds. Here we talk of a mongrel or if its really obscure a 57 Heinz variety but the dogs here go to a whole new level.But its time for a law as in Britain to pick up dog mess, the place stinks in parts itis horrendous in the alleyways and shortcuts, wont be using them again. There were some responsible dog owners but they were few and far between over at Arona Gran hotel the place is a dog toilet. Its not very welcoming for the folk who frequent that hotel and no ,we did not stay there, but love to walk aii over L A and L C and its the same everywhere we went.

YOUNG GOLFER
26-04-2013, 11:37
The new craze is to get a puppy and sit outside a supermarket and watch the money come rolling in.

Suej
26-04-2013, 11:49
We just got back from Tenerife this week after another lovely holiday and what beautiful weather this time not a cloud in the sky. I ccould not believe the amount of dogs people now have. I am a dog lover but even I could not work out some of the breeds. Here we talk of a mongrel or if its really obscure a 57 Heinz variety but the dogs here go to a whole new level.But its time for a law as in Britain to pick up dog mess, the place stinks in parts itis horrendous in the alleyways and shortcuts, wont be using them again. There were some responsible dog owners but they were few and far between over at Arona Gran hotel the place is a dog toilet. Its not very welcoming for the folk who frequent that hotel and no ,we did not stay there, but love to walk aii over L A and L C and its the same everywhere we went.

There is a law! but as per usual it gets ignored! I was chatting to my neighbour about this the other day and she thought it had got a little better as regards the pooh on the streets! I Dont blady think soooo!!! http://www.postsmile.net/img/20/2009.gif

primrose
26-04-2013, 11:58

The road that Arona Gran is on has got to be one of the cleanest streets in Tenerife, they sweep and wash it every day in fact I think the person who drives the machine has OCD he is obsessed with washing that road. I go along that road most days and sorry but I have yet to see the place looking like a dog toilet.

blondie
26-04-2013, 12:12
No they dont use the road its the beach the smell comes from, it absoloutely stinks walking along there, as you say the road is clean

primrose
26-04-2013, 12:28
No they dont use the road its the beach the smell comes from, it absoloutely stinks walking along there, as you say the road is clean

Yes you are right the beach is disgusting but a lot of the smell comes from the rubbish left behind by people that come to the beach in their Mobile Homes every weekend, I have never seen a beach in such a state anywhere especially the area between Parque Tropical111 and Costa Mar, I don't understand them they put their rubbish in carrier bags then just leave it on the beach they leave all their empty bottles take away containers left over food and yes dog dirt, but not only is it a dog toilet it is a human toilet as well, and please don't call me Racist but the the majority are Spanish/Canarians you would think they would have more pride in their Country than to leave it in that state , and what an eyesore all the Mobile Homes behind the big Villa are, I dread to think what would happen if there was a fire in one of them, they are so crammed in the whole lot would go up.

blondie
26-04-2013, 13:47
.Bet ..we would call them travellers here. They are certainly not the type you see in recognised parks. I am so surprised they are allowed just to pitch up there as I have never seen any means to running water etc. So I take back what I said about the smell from the dogs mess ,poor creatures some of them, surely its not human waste causing the problem

timmylish
27-04-2013, 01:52
If I could also add to this by mentioning the VERY old waste/sewage pipe which enters the sea at 7 or so mtrs.up the beach!!!!!!!!!!

Madre
27-04-2013, 13:46
I actually think there is a sign saying No Caravans etc and they all park up beside it ! A few weeks ago old woman picked up her dog poo put it in a bag and then chucked it on some wasteland as she walked along, would have been better to have left it to dry up now there is a plastic bag on the floor as well as the s...t ! Unbelievable !

primrose
27-04-2013, 14:03
I actually think there is a sign saying No Caravans etc and they all park up beside it ! A few weeks ago old woman picked up her dog poo put it in a bag and then chucked it on some wasteland as she walked along, would have been better to have left it to dry up now there is a plastic bag on the floor as well as the s...t ! Unbelievable !

I saw somebody do exactly the same thing and yes there is a sign saying no Mobile Homes, When I walked down there yesterday I could not believe there were used condoms behind one of the Mobile Homes, it really is time the Police stopped them parking there.The waste land behind between El Rincon and Paloma beach is just a big toilet for the people that come for the weekend and sleep in vans and tents.