PDA

View Full Version : Paperwork My address is wrong or incomplete - everywhere!

mike in chayofa
27-04-2013, 15:37
I will have to get some professional advice about this, but was just wonderinf what other forum member opinions are.

I have recently had a 'run-in' with INEM. I won't go into too many details but they sent me two registered letters that I should have received notifications to go and collect the letters but didn't receive them. The result is that this has cost me over 500€ - but that is not the point.

I have also had copies from INEM of some ordinary letters that I should have received, but didn't.

They have my address incomplete and to make matters worse, there is a road two minutes from where I live with a very similar sounding name. It is actually ib Aguillas del Teide, but most peoploe call the whole area 'Chayofa'

The idea was to get some official paperwork and take it to INEM and have the address altered.

Does anyone know how many official sources hold your address?

I do not have one piece of official paperwork that contains my full or correct address!!!! Also, most of the addresses are similar but not the same.

Having spent a long time sorting through all my official paperwork from Residencia, NIE certificate, Ayuntamiento even car/house insurance, ITV ... in fact everything is incomplete, or incorrect. I even have 6 different post codes. It's amazing that I ever get any mail!

Even my escritura is correct, but contains information that was relevant when the house was built, but today would cause confusion if it was included in official paperwork ie it includes the wording 'situated in the are which is called La Punta' - nowadays there is a calle La punta a few mintes walk away. It also states 'in the group of houses called Cho' - and of course, I don't want this mentioned because there is a Cho at Parque de la Reina.

Should I try to change 'everything', the most important things, or just leave things as they are and hope that the majority of important mail will get through?

9PLUS
27-04-2013, 15:47
Your local Townhall

mike in chayofa
27-04-2013, 15:58
Your local Townhall

Yes, but I don't have one piece of paperwork with the same address.

Even my empadronamiento and my IBI bills have different details and they are both at the town hall.

I always give everyone my correct address but they are obviously picking the details up from different places.

9PLUS
27-04-2013, 16:00
Take whatever you have and let them sort it out Mike, get a plano de situación and mark exactly where your house is with marker pen.

They may send you to the land register office.

poker
27-04-2013, 16:31
When anywhere giving adress in future make sure you have some printed copy's with all youre info on it in youre wallet to give them .

Even if you say youre correct adress they will still write it down wrong.

casabonny
27-04-2013, 17:49
Mike most places accept amendments of your address by form filling eg Hacienda , social.However the most important places to ensure have your correct address( one where you know post is delivered without problem) is Hacienda because ultimately all fines for embargos eventually are sent to Hacienda to collect .With regard to Trafico , you should get an up to date empadronmiento but put the actual correct address on the form,even if it differs, but you must change the address on your driving licence first and car docs next as the licence address is , for arguements sake, the controlling one and if this is wrong any traffic fines will be sent to the one held on your driving licence records.
if you have a digital certificate you can change/ amend Hacienda and social addresses online.

atlantico
27-04-2013, 17:52
this responsibility should surely end up with one department, and the land registry would be the obvious one ?

However, in the UK, isn't it the Post Office that numbers and postcodes streets - a postcode is a postal service thing, afterall

I once lived in a street (UK) numbered 1 - 8 in a cul-de-sac, and the post office changed it to 8 - 1 to make it easier for the postman !

In Silencio we've just had our 'un-named' road given a name, and then a new house number - i'll dig out the paperwork and let you know who altered it

mike in chayofa
27-04-2013, 17:57
......Even if you say youre correct adress they will still write it down wrong.

It isn't a case of them writing it down wrong. I have given everyone the correct information, but somewhere along the line the wrong information is being collected from somewhere and that is being used, regardless of what they have been told.

I can tell that certain entitities have picked up the information from the same place because the address appears the same, but I have last years IBI bill (which I collected a copy of the other day because it is paid by direct debit and I didn't get a bill - surprise, surprise) and also an official valuation of my house from Administracion Tributaria whhcih you would think collected the information from the same place and the addresses are different.

I received an ITV reminder the other day and the address is totally wrong and so is the postcode and it is different from the details on the cars ITV from the year before last and different again from the original documentation from Trafico when the carwas first registered. This differs from the address on the receipt for the purchase of the car ... and even the same garage has different details on the service documentation !!!!

I am amazed that I never noticed all this before, but none of it seems to make any sense

9PLUS
27-04-2013, 18:11
Just go to the townhall and sort it out how I said I have to do it all the time like that.

mike in chayofa
27-04-2013, 18:14
The above mentioned Agencia Tributaria had the correct addresss on my modelo 100 up to the year 2009 and it has (incorrectly) changed since then!

mike in chayofa
27-04-2013, 18:18
..........................if you have a digital certificate you can change/ amend Hacienda and social addresses online.

I am seeing my accountant about this next week because I have the 'password' (which will have expired by now) but it wouldn't let me register on line. I guess it will be another visit to Adeje town hall.

I will seek advice from my accountant, but I was just wondering what other members thought and how I can prove my correct address when everything 'official' is wrong.

mike in chayofa
27-04-2013, 18:22
.....However, in the UK, isn't it the Post Office that numbers and postcodes streets - a postcode is a postal service thing, afterall

Thanks. I agree with what you say about post codes, but the information cannot be collected from whateve I say or from Correos because I receive mail with the postcodes 38650, 38627, 38652 38640 ... and even more :lol:

In August 2012 I had the electric supply changed into my name. The Solicitud for the supply shows the correct address, but the bills come to a different address!!!!

warbey
27-04-2013, 18:39
I would also be inclined to contact Your Postman, if He or She has anything about them.

Explain what's happening and at least they will be aware what's going wrong.

We recently had troubles with Post Codes, and explained to the Postman showing a couple of examples

as proof. We then got a lot more correctly delivered through goodwill.

Obviously Town Hall is a must, but a good Postie helps..

casabonny
27-04-2013, 18:49
I am seeing my accountant about this next week because I have the 'password' (which will have expired by now) but it wouldn't let me register on line. I guess it will be another visit to Adeje town hall.

I will seek advice from my accountant, but I was just wondering what other members thought and how I can prove my correct address when everything 'official' is wrong.
If you get a digital certificate from the town hall you are limited to what you can do,if however you get this from the hacienda it's accepted by all relevant sites.

jmcd
28-04-2013, 02:49
Why not see if the Tenerife International Business Centre in Las Galletas can help.

I give ALL my paperwork to them and they sort everything out for me!

They are so helpful!

Here is the link to their website

http://www.tibc-sl.com/

Give them a call on Monday and see if they can sort it for you.

KirstyJay
01-05-2013, 01:27
Why not see if the Tenerife International Business Centre in Las Galletas can help.

They are so helpful!

I take it you work for this company, as this is about the 4th post you have made saying the exact same thing (http://www.tenerifeforum.org/tenerife-forum/search.php?do=finduser&userid=400&contenttype=vBForum_Post&showposts=1)... a bit like an advert... :whistle: How much are they paying you to give them free forum advertising?

I think Mike's Spanish is good enough to sort out his issues without paying a third party. :)

My name is different on every official document I have because basically no one in Tenerife official departments can cope with the spelling.

YOUNG GOLFER
01-05-2013, 01:39

They are so helpful!

I only have one question? Who is the owner.

Goldenmaniac
01-05-2013, 01:55
The proverbial horse has bolted now but for future reference you can get copies of correspondence from INEM via the web using "contraste" (various personal info) if you don't have a digital certificate - any letter sent out re your claim can be printed off. Have a look here http://www.sepe.es/contenido/prestaciones/ and chose "consultas" it also tells you when and what amount your next payment is and how long your current benefit runs for, you can also print out your retencion certificate for your renta. The personal details are obvious things like your bank account number, NIE number, mobile etc. PS it doesn't work in the early hours ie at the time of writing because that's when they do maintenance I think

KirstyJay
01-05-2013, 02:25
The proverbial horse has bolted now but for future reference you can get copies of correspondence from INEM via the web using "contraste" (various personal info) if you don't have a digital certificate - any letter sent out re your claim can be printed off. Have a look here http://www.sepe.es/contenido/prestaciones/ and chose "consultas" it also tells you when and what amount your next payment is and how long your current benefit runs for, you can also print out your retencion certificate for your renta. The personal details are obvious things like your bank account number, NIE number, mobile etc. PS it doesn't work in the early hours ie at the time of writing because that's when they do maintenance I thinkThanks Goldenmaniac, once again for your free, no-strings-attached advice, that you have provided on the forum without attempting to make several surreptitious plugs. I'm sure members will see this advice, appreciate it, and be more inclined to use your services as a result. Isn't this the best form of advertising? :)

jmcd
01-05-2013, 09:45
I take it you work for this company, as this is about the 4th post you have made saying the exact same thing (http://www.tenerifeforum.org/tenerife-forum/search.php?do=finduser&userid=400&contenttype=vBForum_Post&showposts=1)... a bit like an advert... :whistle: How much are they paying you to give them free forum advertising?

I think Mike's Spanish is good enough to sort out his issues without paying a third party. :)

My name is different on every official document I have because basically no one in Tenerife official departments can cope with the spelling.

No, I donīt work for this company!

I am just a very satisfied customer, like the customer that referred me, and those that I have referred and have taken up my recommendation, also!

When you know a service is good, you recommend it, yes?!

And itīs not about knowing Spanish, itīs about knowing Spanish and English LAW.

So, donīt worry Kirsty-Jay, I am not trying to abuse the forum, just trying to help itīs members, as would you or anyone else.

TIBC... (Oops! I have mentioned them again, sorry, lol ), offer a good, reliable and friendly service and I, also, actually bank with, (and this is not an advert either), Santander bank which is located in the same office.

But thanks for your observations, itīs good to know you are on the ball and looking after us all.

Keep smiling and have a lovely day Kirsty-jay. And I mean that too! :tiphat:

Suej
01-05-2013, 12:03
Thanks. I agree with what you say about post codes, but the information cannot be collected from whateve I say or from Correos because I receive mail with the postcodes 38650, 38627, 38652 38640 ... and even more :lol:

In August 2012 I had the electric supply changed into my name. The Solicitud for the supply shows the correct address, but the bills come to a different address!!!!

We have also got different variants of our address! I always used to put Aguilas del Teide as my address but the post office have it as Chayofa! they have also changed the name of the road, put a new sign up then took it down again! I stick with the one the post office know us by and hope for the best! btw Mike we were also given the postcodes the same as yours and settled for 38652http://www.postsmile.net/img/20/2019.gif

mike in chayofa
01-05-2013, 13:58
...... we were also given the postcodes the same as yours and settled for 38652

... which is the correct one

(Although this doesn't actually help if computer information held is recording something different)