PDA

View Full Version : Entertainment Children's Opera, The Fairy Queen, at the Auditorio de Santa Cruz. 11th & 12th of May

KirstyJay
28-04-2013, 12:45
I already have my tickets, but I thought it might be of interest to other members... tickets are 10€ each, regardless of where you sit.

The Fairy Queen, Henry Purcell, 1692

Opera for schoolchildren
Adaptation for primary and secondary schoolchildren. Estimated duration, 70 minutes

Brief account of the opera
The Fairy Queen's score was composed by Henry Purcell (1659-1695) and was based on William Shakespeare’s comedy, A Midsummer Night’s Dream. It is considered one of the composer’s most complex works.

Synopsis
Based on the world of the fairies, it relates the ups and downs that befall the lovers, Hermia and Lysander, when Hermia’s father’s (Egeus) opposes their union. The happy couple decide to flee to Athens and reach the fairy wood, pursued by Helena and Demetrius, who must force them to return. Once in the wood, all kinds of enchantment and embarrassing situations take place between the humans and the magical beings who live there—Titania, Oberon, Puck and Bottom. In the end, everything returns to normal and Hermia can marry her beloved Lysander.

Book tickets from the website : http://www.auditoriodetenerife.com/en/en-opera/fairy-queen

Skeggy
04-05-2013, 00:26
I already have my tickets, but I thought it might be of interest to other members... tickets are 10€ each, regardless of where you sit.

Book tickets from the website : http://www.auditoriodetenerife.com/en/en-opera/fairy-queen

How nice to see mention of the Auditorio here on the forum, and your highlighting of an event for children. The Auditorio is a wonderful facility, I have been this evening to see the Tenerife Symphony Orchestra play the Best of British and Broadway conducted by David Firman who has been Musical Director of many West End shows, with Leo Andrew singing. We saw this pair here last November and again the evening was top class.

KirstyJay
05-05-2013, 00:47
I took the kids to see an Opera compilation that was done especially for children 2 years ago called 'el Baśl lleno de Opera' and they loved it. They still remember it and sing songs from it now.

I subscribe to the Auditorium newsletter, and although a lot of stuff they have on, such as all the jazz does not interest me, they do have a lot of variation, so it's worth being kept informed so you can be in first for the best or cheapest tickets when something does come up.

we managed to get tickets for the 5th row for this one :)