PDA

View Full Version : Coronation Street's Bill Roache arrested

Fivepence
01-05-2013, 12:50
Bill Roache who plays Ken Barlow is accused of sexual abuse.

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/corrie-star-arrested-over-sexual-assault-094447708.html#Mrabyrr

When will all this end?

I really don't agree with naming people unless guilt has been proved.

The case of John Leslie comes to mind.

If they are guilty, then fine but people's reputation and careers are being destroyed before guilt has been proved.

Medman
01-05-2013, 13:07
Bill Roache who plays Ken Barlow is accused of sexual abuse.

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/corrie-star-arrested-over-sexual-assault-094447708.html#Mrabyrr

When will all this end?

I really don't agree with naming people unless guilt has been proved.

The case of John Leslie comes to mind.

If they are guilty, then fine but people's reputation and careers are being destroyed before guilt has been proved.

Read it earlier on Sky News. The alleged incident was in 1967 !!! 46 years ago !! I wonder what made her remember all of a sudden ! Surely nothing to do with money... could it?

Malteser Monkey
01-05-2013, 13:13
It's ridiculous in my opinion, is any actor/famous person over the age of 50 safe ?

Just how do they manage to prove these allegations ??

Medman
01-05-2013, 13:41
It's ridiculous in my opinion, is any actor/famous person over the age of 50 safe ?

I keep waiting for the knock on the door ! ............ :help: ......... :D

Suej
01-05-2013, 13:46

Lie detector tests I would have thought Monkey! but what I want to know is why leave it over 40 years to make these claims is beyond me!http://www.postsmile.net/img/20/2005.gif

Malteser Monkey
01-05-2013, 13:48
Lie detector tests I would have thought Monkey! but what I want to know is why leave it over 40 years to make these claims is beyond me!http://www.postsmile.net/img/20/2005.gif

Exactly ! I couldn't agree more hun

carpenter
01-05-2013, 20:07
All the cast should be arrested! Talk about depressing!
waw... wa, wa wa wa waw....

It was Golden Hour on the radio yesterday and they played a song called "Run along girl your much too young girl"

Obviously this sort of thing was very popular back then if songs were being recorded about it.
Jimmy Savile probably introduced the band on TOTP. :confused:

marbro8
01-05-2013, 20:18
I keep waiting for the knock on the door ! ............ :help: ......... :D:crylaughing::crylaughing::crylaughing:......... ..

Malteser Monkey
01-05-2013, 20:28
http://youtu.be/hn0ZJHVH17I

- - - - - - - - - - merged double post - - - - - - - - - -

All the cast should be arrested! Talk about depressing!
waw... wa, wa wa wa waw....

It was Golden Hour on the radio yesterday and they played a song called "Run along girl your much too young girl"

Obviously this sort of thing was very popular back then if songs were being recorded about it.
Jimmy Savile probably introduced the band on TOTP. :confused:

this is it I think

carpenter
01-05-2013, 20:42
http://youtu.be/hn0ZJHVH17I

this is it I think

Yep that's it, the lyrics are really really dodgy!
Young girl get out of my mind.
My love for you is way out of line.
Better run girl.
You're much too young girl. :nono:

Loaded
01-05-2013, 21:40
Is it now safer to assume that all British tv personalities are rapey kiddy fiddlers????

carpenter
01-05-2013, 21:52
This didn't take long to start doing the rounds

Tickey
01-05-2013, 21:57
This didn't take long to start doing the rounds

SICK :nono:

Mawkin
01-05-2013, 22:07
Now charged....

Suej
02-05-2013, 10:29
What makes a 61 year old woman all of a sudden come forward and claim she was raped all though,s years ago!!!
Why not complain to the pólice (if not at 15yrs but surely when your 18yrs).
This will go on and on all the time Compensation Lawyer Firms are not regulated!!
If he is guilty then fair enough,but can anyone really remember what happened on one day /night 46 years ago??????

I agree! Even funnier is she claims she was raped not just once but twice!!!http://www.postsmile.net/img/20/2074.gif

Medman
02-05-2013, 10:40
I agree! Even funnier is she claims she was raped not just once but twice!!!http://www.postsmile.net/img/20/2074.gif

Maybe she enjoyed so much the first time ???? ........ :shy: ....... :dontknow:

Loaded
02-05-2013, 11:00
What makes a 61 year old woman all of a sudden come forward and claim she was raped all though,s years ago!!!
This will go on and on all the time Compensation Lawyer Firms are not regulated!!
If he is guilty then fair enough,but can anyone really remember what happened on one day /night 46 years ago??????

If you were raped I'm sure that would stick in your mind ....

Have you noticed that all of these people claim they're innocent and will fight to clear their name? One of two things is happening :

1. There are a lot of false claims coming out as it seems like a good time to claim a celeb fiddled you 40 years ago.

2. Many celebs were kiddie fiddlers and sexual letches and no one seemed to care about trying to stop them.

Regarding the "why didn't they mention it?" question; how do you know they didn't? How many people complained about Saville and were ignored or not taken seriously?????? Maybe these victims finally feel like they will be taken seriously so they now have the courage to speak out.

Medman
02-05-2013, 11:58
It is difficult to differentiate between the unwilling and willing parties at the time. While I'm sure there were pretty unacceptable things going on which were complained about at the time, and ignored eg. Jimmy Saville, I do believe that on many occassions it all took place between willing parties (also uniformed parties regarding age) and now it is all being dragged up for publicity and public humiliation and probably profit too. It is only because of the fame. Let's face it, celebrities in general have more offers/opportunities than the average Joe Bloggs. I know guys who had underage sex when they were 15/16. (aware and unaware) You don't hear of them being hounded now. Thank God I didn't make it big.

Loaded
02-05-2013, 16:30
Richard hall pleads guilty despite initially denying the charges angrily...

Loaded
02-05-2013, 18:25
As i did say in my post if he is guilty then fair enough he faces the full forcé of the law.
Maybe she did "MENTION" it,and not been taken seriously, but she is now 61 years old,
(Nearly a pensioner) That is a long time to come out of the woodwork,and as Suej says
she claims she was "RAPED" twice by him!!!
Surely after the "FIRST"time you would never want to see him ever again!!!!!!!!!!!!

Maybe she didn't have a choice in the matter ? People don't phone up to see if a girl fancies a rape....

Tickey
02-05-2013, 18:33
In those days a child would never be believed over an adult so perhaps she did report it (something we don't know) She could feel now that someone would listen at last after all these years of torment? There could even be a child as a result, therefore DNA would prove that. Perhaps she had told a friend at the time who would vouch for this? I do not think he would be charged if there was no substantial evidence?

carpenter
02-05-2013, 19:00
Just waiting for someone "like" Paul McCartney or perhaps Prince Charles to be named.

It seems that these plaintiffs are setting their sights higher and higher.
Just imagine what that would do to the Great British institution.

I know I have never slept with and underage girl but I sure as hell didn't get written consent from those women of legal age that I did have relations with.

Tickey
02-05-2013, 19:14
Don't forget there are certainly victims here whether you like it or not....

Bazz
02-05-2013, 19:53

I can certainly remember that far back. Why would you not be able to remember?

Loaded
02-05-2013, 20:34
I can certainly remember that far back. Why would you not be able to remember?

Perhaps If you'd raped and sexually assaulted that many people you'd have trouble remembering all the individual cases..... And if you can't remember then it didn't happen - right Stuart hall????

carpenter
02-05-2013, 21:04
Personally I think a lot of this stinks to high heaven.
I'm a great believer in conspiracy theories and I think that all these allegations,confessions and newspaper stories are a smoke screen for something bigger. Like Jo Moore's comment "this is a good day to bury bad news" ref to 9:11

Either this is the police clearing out their closets or this is part of something much bigger.

Loaded
02-05-2013, 21:21
Personally I think a lot of this stinks to high heaven.
I'm a great believer in conspiracy theories and I think that all these allegations,confessions and newspaper stories are a smoke screen for something bigger. Like Jo Moore's comment "this is a good day to bury bad news" ref to 9:11

Either this is the police clearing out their closets or this is part of something much bigger.

It's a smoke screen for what????? The police knew all along there were celeb perverts but thought they'd save it for 2012/2013 because of the hillsborough debacle ?

carpenter
02-05-2013, 21:49
It's a smoke screen for what????? The police knew all along there were celeb perverts but thought they'd save it for 2012/2013 because of the hillsborough debacle ?

Don't try and put me on the spot. I don't know what otherwise I would be a very rich and wanted man.
Funny you mentioned Hillsborough as that did cross my mind.
The police have a IPCC going against them for the Saville mess so who knows what else will come out

Loaded
02-05-2013, 22:09
Don't try and put me on the spot. I don't know what otherwise I would be a very rich and wanted man.
Funny you mentioned Hillsborough as that did cross my mind.
The police have a IPCC going against them for the Saville mess so who knows what else will come out

Personally I'm not a big conspiracy theorist - this just looks to me like a lot of people feel they'll be taken seriously all of a sudden and that's why they're all coming out of the woodwork.

princessmonika
03-05-2013, 08:25
guilty before prove??? - money money money- raped twice ???? i do not believe it --

Loaded
03-05-2013, 09:05
We'll see .....

golf birdie
03-05-2013, 09:43
its not the police who has charged him or the others, it the Public prosecutor. The police present the evidence and its up to the PP to decide if there is a good chance of the evidence standing up in court. They also would need to decide if it is in the public's interest to go to court. In a rape case with little evidence there must be a witness/victim who they think will be able to convince a judge and jury they are telling the truth. If the case is weak it will fall apart in a day or two so lets see what is what before deciding. Just because he is a TV star should not work for or against him.

Loaded
03-05-2013, 21:50
BREAKING NEWS....Saville police arrest Fred Flinstone over prehistorical sex abuse claims.

Rebelión
04-05-2013, 04:05
I am sure that Bill is innocent of these accusations. I am sure this will have been posted before, but I like the imagery.