PDA

View Full Version : Canary Island tourists have the biggest spending power

Canarian Weekly
03-05-2013, 11:10
TOURISTS inSpain- especially those in the Canaries andCatalonia- spent a whopping 3.28 billion euros in March. ]It was up 13.7% from the same period last year, with the average sum per person 963 euros (+5.4%) and the average daily spend 110 euros (+5.º1%). These latest figures were supplied by the Tourist Expenditure Survey (EGATUR), drafted [...]

More... (http://www.canarianweekly.com/canary-island-tourists-biggest-spending-power/)

Albatros
03-05-2013, 12:09
It begs the questions ...

Why the increasing unemployment on Tenerife?
Where is it being spent?

golf birdie
03-05-2013, 12:22
It begs the questions ...

Why the increasing unemployment on Tenerife?
Where is it being spent?

it really is strange, where do they get these figures from:confused:

kathml
03-05-2013, 14:48
Partly caused by an early Easter

sundownersvince
03-05-2013, 19:04
More garbage from Canarian Weekly, they really dont have a clue do they? Its like reading journalism from a primary school pupil. Anyone with half a brain cell could tell you where the extra money has come from, Eastern Europe.

warbey
03-05-2013, 19:21

Perhaps more income is going through the Books.?

essexeddie
03-05-2013, 19:30
Neighbour of mine a few weeks ago wanted his car valeted at a garage, but was told that the valeter was at the Carnival. He asked why was there no other person to do it, The owner just shrugged his shoulders. Thought there was a shortage of work on the island?? They haven't a clue.

Malteser Monkey
03-05-2013, 22:48
Partly caused by an early Easter

Not all the same weeks in the UK as I discovered when I went to London, we were on holiday a week before in Wales that was March, rest weren't on holiday til first 2 weeks in April

sundownersvince
03-05-2013, 23:00
You still at school MM?

Malteser Monkey
03-05-2013, 23:12
You still at school MM?

So wish I was Vince, it's me job mate

slodgedad
04-05-2013, 01:53
Neighbour of mine a few weeks ago wanted his car valeted at a garage, but was told that the valeter was at the Carnival. He asked why was there no other person to do it, The owner just shrugged his shoulders. Thought there was a shortage of work on the island?? They haven't a clue.

It's not that there's a shortage of work it's just so difficult and expensive to employ anyone legally.

Casual work, as in the UK, doesn't really exist here legally.

Rebelión
04-05-2013, 03:09
TOURISTS inSpain- especially those in the Canaries andCatalonia- spent a whopping 3.28 billion euros in March. ]It was up 13.7% from the same period last year, with the average sum per person 963 euros (+5.4%) and the average daily spend 110 euros (+5.º1%). These latest figures were supplied by the Tourist Expenditure Survey (EGATUR), drafted [...]

More... (http://www.canarianweekly.com/canary-island-tourists-biggest-spending-power/)

Quite a lot of that expenditure could have been my friends. They were out in Las Americas and bought a few rounds in The Dubliner.:cheeky: