PDA

View Full Version : Football Brighton and Hove Albion supporters thread

carpenter
05-05-2013, 21:22
Well I may as well be writing this to myself but I must say it's looking good for the Seagulls.

With the play off semi final against local rivals Cyrstal Palace it promises to be a nail biting finale to the championship.

With the Seagulls in great form despite losing their top striker Craig Mackail-Smith to injury a couple of months back they have been finding extra strength in their midfield to compensate for their loss up front.

The previous two encounters have both finished 3:0 to the home sides but Palace have struggled to find decent form and look like a bunch of coronation street extras on the pitch of late.

For me it's going to be a Watford v Brighton final with the Seagulls winning promotion to the dizzy heights of the premiership where they haven't been since 1983.
Come on you Seagulls

marbro8
05-05-2013, 21:38
Well I may as well be writing this to myself but I must say it's looking good for the Seagulls.

With the play off semi final against local rivals Cyrstal Palace it promises to be a nail biting finale to the championship.

With the Seagulls in great form despite losing their top striker Craig Mackail-Smith to injury a couple of months back they have been finding extra strength in their midfield to compensate for their loss up front.

The previous two encounters have both finished 3:0 to the home sides but Palace have struggled to find decent form and look like a bunch of coronation street extras on the pitch of late.

For me it's going to be a Watford v Brighton final with the Seagulls winning promotion to the dizzy heights of the premiership where they haven't been since 1983.
Come on you Seagullsi didn't know you were a seagulls fan carpenter? we have watched walsall play them a couple of times at the old ground, staying over a couple of nights to take in the brighton night life:spin:, pitty we couldn't have seen us play at the new ground because the old one was p poor:(, having to park the car miles away and catch one of the buses:laugh:, we have promised ourselves a weekend away again in brighton and catch a game whoever they are playing, great place to visit and great fans so good look to them;)

carpenter
05-05-2013, 21:47
i didn't know you were a seagulls fan carpenter? we have watched walsall play them a couple of times at the old ground, staying over a couple of nights to take in the brighton night life:spin:, pitty we couldn't have seen us play at the new ground because the old one was p poor:(, having to park the car miles away and catch one of the buses:laugh:, we have promised ourselves a weekend away again in brighton and catch a game whoever they are playing, great place to visit and great fans so good look to them;)

My home town Mr Marbro! Despite living in Bournemouth now, I could never get into supporting the Cherries :(
But I'm a I'm believer of supporting your home team (no plastic Manks round here ;) )
I suppose you mean the Withdean Stadium when you talk of the "old ground" or do you mean the Goldstone ground?

I used to live about a 10 min walk from the Goldstone, happy childhood memories. Tony Grealish RIP winking at my sister as he collected the ball for a throw in, living a few door away from Teddy Maybank and using his swimming pool.
Could you imagine doing that to a premiership player now?

marbro8
05-05-2013, 21:59
My home town Mr Marbro! Despite living in Bournemouth now, I could never get into supporting the Cherries :(
But I'm a I'm believer of supporting your home team (no plastic Manks round here ;) )
I suppose you mean the Withdean Stadium when you talk of the "old ground" or do you mean the Goldstone ground?

I used to live about a 10 min walk from the Goldstone, happy childhood memories. Tony Grealish RIP winking at my sister as he collected the ball for a throw in, living a few door away from Teddy Maybank and using his swimming pool.
Could you imagine doing that to a premiership player now?yes the goldstone ground where the fans were about half a mile from the pitch:laugh: on the old shoreham road, and having to catch the buses with the home fans at least we had some light cheerful banter :laugh: then back to either the premier in or the royal albion to get washed and changed, then out for a meal at zillie's the italian, we even stated there when we played crawley town as it is only half hour drive away

carpenter
05-05-2013, 22:07
I don't remember being that far away from the pitch, My dad must have got us good tickets. Having said that he normally gave the guy on the gate a bung and got me and my sister to jump over the turnstile :lol:

Good times
Cheers

marbro8
05-05-2013, 22:17
I don't remember being that far away from the pitch, My dad must have got us good tickets. Having said that he normally gave the guy on the gate a bung and got me and my sister to jump over the turnstile :lol:

Good times
Cheersno the home fans were fine it was us bloody away fans that suffered:laugh:, because of the running track:(;)

carpenter
05-05-2013, 22:28
Put the sherry away mate ;) you're confusing the two grounds. The Goldstone was on the Old Shoreham Road (A27) but it was Withdean that had the running track.

marbro8
05-05-2013, 22:31
Put the sherry away mate ;) you're confusing the two grounds. The Goldstone was on the Old Shoreham Road (A27) but it was Withdean that had the running track.it;s sunday i don't drink on a sunday:laugh:,oh ye that's right the withdean:ashamed:, iv'e bin there twice as well:laugh: didn't it have a pub as part of the ground as well?

carpenter
05-05-2013, 22:54
it;s sunday i don't drink on a sunday:laugh:,oh ye that's right the withdean:ashamed:, iv'e bin there twice as well:laugh: didn't it have a pub as part of the ground as well?

Pub, carboot sale, market. The Withdean was never a football ground it was the training ground for Steve Ovett and when the Falmer ground came up against green belt and NIMBY campaigners the Seagulls were forced to stay there for what seemed like an eternity.

TBH it's amazing that after only two seasons at a proper ground they are knocking at the door of the premiership