PDA

View Full Version : I need my pool refurbishing. Any recommendations?

zumba queen
06-05-2013, 14:02
Looking for someone to re-furb a fibreglass swimming pool,hopefully re-painted with epoxy paint.I was wondering if anyone has had this work done before and could anyone recommend any firms on the island who do this kind of work.Thanks in advance.

Peanuts
06-05-2013, 14:42
We had our pool refurbished about one year ago. After many different quotations and advice we ended up doing the job ourselves.
You possibly have the "old" rubber paint at the moment and that can only be changed to epoxy paint once the whole pool has been sandblasted. The two paints do not agree with each other. The fibreglass then needs to be checked and repaired.

There is a German guy who might be able to help you with the sandblasting as he has the proper equipment. Please PM me for details.

Painting is then straight forward.

In the end we opted again for the "rubber paint", which will possibly only last 3 years, they say epoxy should last 15 years, but in the short term and medium term it is easier and cheaper.

chocaholic
06-05-2013, 15:19
www.tenerifeeuropool.net Europool refurbished mine, very professional

zumba queen
06-05-2013, 18:00
www.tenerifeeuropool.net Europool refurbished mine, very professional

Could I ask what you got done and a rough idea about cost.

George22
23-01-2016, 17:24
http://www.tenerifebuild.eu/ I.C.C re-did my pool. New tilings and pump. Very happy with the final product :c2: