PDA

View Full Version : Can I change my old paper license for a U.K. photo license whilst living in Tenerife?

bulldog
06-05-2013, 16:04
has anybody changed an old green paper driving license for a new photo driving license
whilst living in Spain is it possible ?

obs
06-05-2013, 17:17
Hi bulldog,
I would suggest not, as when you apply for the licence, you are signing to say that you live in the UK. I believe it is an offence to tell an untruth on the application form.

Look at forum member goldenmaniac's web pages http://www.diana-mcglone.com/ for really good information in all things.

casabonny
06-05-2013, 18:49
A old paper licence is not valid for driving in Spain as it is not a European licence, you can however exchangeit for a Spanish licence here.

junglejim
06-05-2013, 18:53
If you have changed your address , you must inform DVLA - if you have an address in UK you can apply for it from there .

casabonny
06-05-2013, 21:03
If you have changed your address , you must inform DVLA - if you have an address in UK you can apply for it from there .
Only if you are a UK resident otherwise its not legal

honda
12-05-2013, 21:12
speak with Emma at Motor World. They changed my licence for me with very little effort on my part. A really good service and very helpful.

AJP
12-05-2013, 22:54
A old paper licence is not valid for driving in Spain as it is not a European licence, you can however exchangeit for a Spanish licence here.
I have an old green licence and have hired cars in Spain with no problem for the past 5 years as long as you have your passport with you.

slodgedad
13-05-2013, 00:37
I have an old green licence and have hired cars in Spain with no problem for the past 5 years as long as you have your passport with you.
I have an old green license too, which is fine.

Bur if you are a resident, with the car in your name, it must be transcibed.

Brian
13-05-2013, 10:24
has anybody changed an old green paper driving license for a new photo driving license
whilst living in Spain is it possible ?

If you are a Spanish resident the best option is simply to apply for a Spanish Licence. You will then have a licence with your photo and your NIE number on it which is accepted everywhere as a means of identification.