PDA

View Full Version : Paperwork My A4 paper residencia doesn't have an expiry date

DonnaFranka
06-05-2013, 16:30
Hi. I have an A4 green paper Residencia applied for in 2011. I have read it several times and there appears not to be an expiry date. Does that mean that it does not expire? Thanks.

obs
06-05-2013, 17:23
H Donna,
They were initially touted as 'permanente' but as with most things in Tenerife, the goal post's have moved again, and you will have to renew your big green sheet after 5 years. Easier if you renew just within the 5 year period.
Look at forum member goldenmaniac's web site for up to date information..... http://www.diana-mcglone.com/

slodgedad
06-05-2013, 17:48
Hi. I have an A4 green paper Residencia applied for in 2011. I have read it several times and there appears not to be an expiry date. Does that mean that it does not expire? Thanks.
They don't have an expiry dates only a date of issue written in Spanish (words not numbers)

junglejim
06-05-2013, 18:51
Have a read at the last few pages of this thread - now valid for 5 years-
http://www.tenerifeforum.org/tenerife-forum/showthread.php?135-Residencia-amp-the-new-Certificado-de-Registro-in-Tenerife-discussions-and-questions/page32

bonitatime
06-05-2013, 21:38
Interesting point
Friends of mine were in Social security in Los Cris this week and were told the green paper although less than 5 years old was no good and they need to go and get a new card sized one

timmylish
06-05-2013, 23:29
Interesting point
Friends of mine were in Social security in Los Cris this week and were told the green paper although less than 5 years old was no good and they need to go and get a new card sized one

Overzealous comes to mind!

slodgedad
06-05-2013, 23:33
Interesting point

Overzealous comes to mind!

Let's just hope it's just one of those 'purges' that fizzle out.

MrsTT
07-05-2013, 08:52
Isalnd Connections published a link on Facebook yesterday that said 'No change to existing residence certificates
Rumours were flying that despite what we had initially been told, residence certificates had to be renewed on a regular basis.
If there were to be changes to the residency rules, we would have expected to be notified by the British Embassy as they have kept us informed of other legal changes affecting residents such as prescription charges etc.'

https://www.facebook.com/Island.Connections.Canary.Islands?hc_location=time line

DonnaFranka
07-05-2013, 21:36
H Donna,
They were initially touted as 'permanente' but as with most things in Tenerife, the goal post's have moved again, and you will have to renew your big green sheet after 5 years. Easier if you renew just within the 5 year period.
Look at forum member goldenmaniac's web site for up to date information..... http://www.diana-mcglone.com/

Thank you for the above, at least now I know it has a 5 year validity...however what about all those Italians and French, Belgian and Dutch who probably do not have a forum and take the certificate at face value as not having an expiry date and therefore lasting...forever ...

slodgedad
07-05-2013, 21:40
Thank you for the above, at least now I know it has a 5 year validity...however what about all those Italians and French, Belgian and Dutch who probably do not have a forum and take the certificate at face value as not having an expiry date and therefore lasting...forever ...

Not only them but everyone else.

Thank Heavens for the Forum.....

timmylish
08-05-2013, 03:03
Don,t waste time worrying about other nationalities as some members, like myself, enjoy the pleasure of co-residing with people from other countries and whose work colleagues similarly live in a multi national existence. So, as a result of this, information transcends the inability of some from the UK to contemplate the company of other nationalities!

junglejim
08-05-2013, 07:02

Judging by the length of queue ,througput and cosmipolitan mix i think the various nations are well aware of the issues !
I had to laugh yesterday as one retired English couple who were waiting several hours (their Certificado expired in March) along with us complained about " all these foreigners " wanting to come and stay here !
I pointed out that most of the Poles had left Edinburgh as they were fed up with the Scots begging off them !

Goldenmaniac
08-05-2013, 09:29
Interesting point
This was my fear boni - other agencies are starting to wake up to the new format!

webewitch
20-08-2013, 14:39
I've been told that we can now get new plastic ID cards (with photo) but I've also been told that the've only reduced the hated green sheet to credit card size.

Can anyone confirm one way or the other?

Megaloo
20-08-2013, 18:28
Only last week a friend got her residencia a credit card size piece of green paper no photograph certainly not a card.

junglejim
20-08-2013, 18:47
I've been told that we can now get new plastic ID cards (with photo) but I've also been told that the've only reduced the hated green sheet to credit card size.

Can anyone confirm one way or the other?
If you have the original A4 size ,that is still legal , if you apply for a renewal you will get a flimsy plastic coated "credit card " size 2 sided replacement for about €10.40 - not a plastic type credit card , just flimsy plastic coated one - with no photo on it .

Hey Jude
21-08-2013, 11:20
What happens if you don´t renew the A4 green page. Are you automatically a non-resident again?

junglejim
21-08-2013, 11:27
What happens if you don´t renew the A4 green page. Are you automatically a non-resident again?

Buy some popcorn and read through the last pages of this link !

http://www.tenerifeforum.org/tenerife-forum/showthread.php?135-Residencia-amp-the-new-Certificado-de-Registro-in-Tenerife-discussions-and-questions/page39

chifleta
21-08-2013, 13:24
I've been reading through some of the forum posts over the last year - I am one of those that has the old "permanente" A4 sheet, i've been on dole, on Ayuda, and now just unemployed and broke, but at least I get most of my medicine free now (was pleasantly surprised as my migraine pills are pricey - 6 pills for 14 euros on the social ... ouch).

Anyway, I digress..... I still have A4 sheet - no-one has told me I need a new one, so why waste my time going to the police station to get a smaller flimsy card when - I don't carry my original around with me unless i'm going somewhere official, and after living here for over 20 years, I haven't been stopped once for paperwork - maybe i'm just lucky :D

So i'm of the opinion, if no-one insists, why bother :)

casabonny
21-08-2013, 18:45
If you have an old style Green A4 residencia with the wording " con carácter permanente " then this is valid for life or as the police say with out expiry.
This wording does not appear on all people's, in general on those who have had two or more residencies ie those who have been here for 10 years plus.