PDA

View Full Version : Football Premiership relegation battle 2013

imablue
07-05-2013, 09:52
This is getting very interesting (well maybe to some on the forum)..the usual points tally that is aimed for is 40 points to avoid the drop..
Looking at the league this morning even Swansea in 9th and West Ham in 10th both on 43 points cannot be sure of Premiership Football next season ...
All our Geordie friends must be biting their nails today too, being in the position that they are ....:football::football:

CaribeCelt
07-05-2013, 12:40
I think Wigan will bite the bullet.

AL JAY
07-05-2013, 13:12
I think a lot depends on how Wigan get on vs Swansea tonight,if they win they will leapfrog Newcastle and Norwich on goal difference,their last game of the season vs Villa should be entertaining,the FA Cup final could see them struggle 3 days later vs Arsenal because they don't have a large squad and have a few injuries! I would like to see Newcastle relegated just so i could see that smug barsteward Pardew facing the camera's on the final day...;):whistle:

imablue
07-05-2013, 14:58
Some very interesting games left for all that maybe dragged into the quagmire...and especially for like you say AL ..Wigan tonight...then next Sunday..
Norwich v W.Brom
Sunderland v Southampton
Qpr v Newcastle
Followed by
Arsenal v Wigan the following Tuesday ...(after the Cup Final ...)
then the final days fixtures....Sunday 19th
by then we may know who join Reading and QPR....

marbro8
07-05-2013, 19:01
i think norwich will go, although i would love villa to go because i hate their mentality of thinking that they are the biggest and best club in the midlands:twak:, no sorry but that accolade went to west brom this year;), it was funny last week when the baggies fans were cheering the wigan goals because they would rather wigan stay up than villa:laugh::laugh: great to see yeovil and brentford get to wembley in the first division play off final because swindlers sorry swindon flouted every rule in the book last season with players wages and transfers they couldn't afford:twak:, at least the two finalists got there on similar budgets to ours:wink2:

wolvesfc1
07-05-2013, 19:15
i think norwich will go, although i would love villa to go because i hate their mentality of thinking that they are the biggest and best club in the midlands:twak:, no sorry but that accolade went to west brom this year;), it was funny last week when the baggies fans were cheering the wigan goals because they would rather wigan stay up than villa:laugh::laugh: great to see yeovil and brentford get to wembley in the first division play off final because swindlers sorry swindon flouted every rule in the book last season with players wages and transfers they couldn't afford:twak:, at least the two finalists got there on similar budgets to ours:wink2:

and of course there is now a wolves walsall derby should be a couple of good days

trevorife2
07-05-2013, 19:30
Bye bye villa ...... Pleaeeeese !!!

marbro8
07-05-2013, 20:13
and of course there is now a wolves walsall derby should be a couple of good dayslol yep;) i must admit i am not one of those " i hate all midlands clubs" type of fans, because i was a part time wolves fan in my youth:laugh:, because all my mates were wolves fans we used to alternate between matches, when walsall where at home they would come with me and when wolves where at home i would go with them:laugh:, we had some great battles with forest and leeds fans:wink2:

trevorife2
07-05-2013, 20:18
I just hope dean smith is left alone for another season .. Looks like hes doing a good job .... He can manage the blues next ( far bigger club ) lol

marbro8
07-05-2013, 20:22
I just hope dean smith is left alone for another season .. Looks like hes doing a good job .... He can manage the blues next ( far bigger club ) lolbugger off:D

junglejim
07-05-2013, 21:12
I think Canary Boy´s erse will be twitchingfor Norwich - they are slowly being sucked back into the dead zone ,having got some decent results recently - watching wigan just now at 2:2 and it´sgetting very tense!
They should have bid 20 million for Hooper and been guaranteed relegation !

imablue
07-05-2013, 21:25
Oh dear Wigan at the moment 2-3... they really need 3 points..out of this match ...

imablue
15-05-2013, 08:27
Well thats it Wigan join QPR and Reading as the relegated teams after a 4-1 mauling at the hands of Arsenal (1-1at half time )...
¿ What now for Roberto Martinez..?

canary boy
15-05-2013, 13:35
:hide:
I think Canary Boy´s erse will be twitchingfor Norwich - they are slowly being sucked back into the dead zone ,having got some decent results recently - watching wigan just now at 2:2 and it´sgetting very tense!
They should have bid 20 million for Hooper and been guaranteed relegation !

Oh dear , I was not at all nervous:hide::hide:

Great end to the season and this week especially Monday Nights result was fantastic and to take well over 30000 to an under 18s youth team cup match is credit to the boys.

Everything paid off plenty of dosh in the bank were living the dream,only eight weeks until THE WOLF arrives and apparently six players on the way (Will Hooper be one?),we shall see,third year in prem was beyond our wildest dreams and to watch the blues in a whole load of crap with £70 million debt its a happy summer.

now to concentrate on CD Tenerife and fly to the play offs, can someone let me know where and when there being held