PDA

View Full Version : Football Sir Alex Ferguson retires

imablue
08-05-2013, 09:39
On Sky News now ...Sir Alex Ferguson Retires.....

CaribeCelt
08-05-2013, 10:12
Mourinho or Moyes?
Who do you think will get the job?
I'll go Mourinho.

AL JAY
08-05-2013, 10:31
SSN NOW

Mourinho 6/4
Moyes 7/4
Klopp 12/1
Solskjaer 25/1
Beckham 33/1
Phelan 40/1

imablue
08-05-2013, 10:33
As much as David Moyes at times infuriates Everton fans..i for 0ne hope he stays with us ....
So i,m going with Mourinho...

AL JAY
08-05-2013, 10:36
Yep, just had a ton on Mourinho, returns £250

- - - - - - - - - - merged double post - - - - - - - - - -

Wow the odds have changed dramatically in the last hour,Moyes now from 1/3 and even 1/6 with Victor Chandler!

http://www.oddschecker.com/football/football-specials/man-utd/next-permanent-manager

http://www.oddschecker.com/football/football-specials/man-utd/next-permanent-manager

Red Devil
08-05-2013, 11:24
Want Mourinhio but think it will be Moyse.

malvasia
08-05-2013, 11:29
Maybe the reason that Kenny Jackett resigned at Millwall yesterday !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

imablue
08-05-2013, 12:01
Hope you get the €250 ..AL...:goodluck:

YOUNG GOLFER
08-05-2013, 15:33
Hope you get the €250 ..AL...:goodluck:

People are saying that when Sir Alex Ferguson retires, Man Utd won't be as good any more, and I think that's absolute bull....

Howard Webb still has a good few years left in him.
:whistle:

Foz
08-05-2013, 15:45
I think Moyes would be Ferguson's choice.

CaribeCelt
08-05-2013, 17:07
Moyes it is.

http://www.talksport.co.uk/sports-news/football/premier-league/130508/david-moyes-appointed-manchester-united-manager-197137#a5xDZW3rBDXF5cmf.01

melm
08-05-2013, 19:07
Moyes it is.

http://www.talksport.co.uk/sports-news/football/premier-league/130508/david-moyes-appointed-manchester-united-manager-197137#a5xDZW3rBDXF5cmf.01

dont envy him.......Sir Alec will be a hard act to follow.

warbey
08-05-2013, 19:15
dont envy him.......Sir Alec will be a hard act to follow.

Those with a long memory will remember They said very similar

when Matt Busby left too.

CaribeCelt
08-05-2013, 19:26
[QUOTE=warbey;285758]Those with a long memory will remember They said very similar

when Matt Busby left too.[/QUOT

And they were proved right...it took them 25 years to win a title from Busby left until Fergie came along.
As Gary Neville said himself:they were claiming to be the biggest club in the world but they were really a laughing stock until Fergie took over.

Fivepence
08-05-2013, 19:27
Moyes it is.

Nobody else has reported it yet and look at this tweet: Jake Humphrey ‏@mrjakehumphrey 42m
I wish I could tell you all something that will make lots of you very, very happy...but sadly I can't for the next few hours #WatchThisSpace

Is it a done deal or is they going to be a twist in the tail?

AL JAY
08-05-2013, 19:50
David Moyes is at the Chelsea v Spurs game tonight with his brother Kenny, Chelsea are Evertons opponents in the final game of the season! Everton have also dismissed the talksport claim that its a done deal!

CaribeCelt
08-05-2013, 20:12
Nobody else has reported it yet and look at this tweet: Jake Humphrey ‏@mrjakehumphrey 42m
I wish I could tell you all something that will make lots of you very, very happy...but sadly I can't for the next few hours #WatchThisSpace

Is it a done deal or is they going to be a twist in the tail?

I picked it up from facebook mate...I think it could be S**TE

Fivepence
08-05-2013, 20:21
I picked it up from facebook mate...I think it could be S**TE

No I'm not suggesting that CC, I actually think it will be him.

Rebelión
08-05-2013, 21:19
I am sure it will be an emotional time for all Manchester United fans.
I for one cannot wait for the documentaries on the great man being aired on National TV.
For anyone who has not heard of my team they will soon. Sir Alex was the manager of St Mirren from 1974-1978.Yeeeeeeh. Young & exciting they called us. Proud as Punch !!!:jumping:

CaribeCelt
08-05-2013, 21:32
I am sure it will be an emotional time for all Manchester United fans.
I for one cannot wait for the documentaries on the great man being aired on National TV.
For anyone who has not heard of my team they will soon. Sir Alex was the manager of St Mirren from 1974-1978.Yeeeeeeh. Young & exciting they called us. Proud as Punch !!!:jumping:

I think the East Stirling fans will be even prouder.

Rebelión
08-05-2013, 22:17
I think the East Stirling fans will be even prouder.

Was that his first job in management? Didn't know that. I will look it up.:ashamed:

AL JAY
08-05-2013, 22:32
When i first got wind of this last night one of the lads on an EFC site who works for a major bookies advised everyone to place a large bet on Sir Alex Ferguson to win this years Sports personality of the year,he was 66/1 outsider,we all took it with a pinch of salt,by this morning he had come in to 20/1 he is now 5/4 fav! 24 hrs later...GAH! Im not doing well with bets this week!

slodgedad
08-05-2013, 23:40
Was that his first job in management? Didn't know that. I will look it up.:ashamed:

Save your fingers. Look HERE (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alex_Ferguson)

Leam_Lin
09-05-2013, 06:33
New Man. U. boss is David Moyes. Where's Rooney going to go?

Medman
09-05-2013, 08:12
When i first got wind of this last night one of the lads on an EFC site who works for a major bookies advised everyone to place a large bet on Sir Alex Ferguson to win this years Sports personality of the year,he was 66/1 outsider,we all took it with a pinch of salt,by this morning he had come in to 20/1 he is now 5/4 fav! 24 hrs later...GAH! Im not doing well with bets this week!

How about this for an outside bet ?

Mourinho 6/4
Moyes 7/4
Klopp 12/1
Solskjaer 25/1
Beckham 33/1
Phelan 40/1
Al Jay 2,000,000/1

:crylaughing:

BobMac
10-05-2013, 20:22
http://i81.servimg.com/u/f81/17/68/31/97/fergie12.jpg (http://www.servimg.com/image_preview.php?i=36&u=17683197)

CaribeCelt
10-05-2013, 23:20

Good job you never put big dough on it Al!
http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/blogs/world-of-sport/alex-ferguson-denied-sports-personality-award-163437618.html

marbro8
10-05-2013, 23:41
i have never had much time for sir alex tbh, i always thought he was a law unto himself:(, but i read a book by one of my walsall football club heroes a while back, chris marsh, and he said that alex actually met them on the pitch before our fa cup game and gave our players a talk, we where in the old 3rd division at the time and they where in the top tier, we had done some giant killing on the way , and we drew them in the next round, but he took time to welcome our players give them a few tips lol and told them to relax and enjoy the day, it may well have been a ploy but he seemed genuine? we lost the game 5-1 but we got a standing ovation from the old trafford croud and we had a great day out:spin:

CaribeCelt
10-05-2013, 23:45
Like him or loath him...he is and was the best manager to grace the planet....imo.

Red Devil
11-05-2013, 00:00
i have never had much time for sir alex tbh, i always thought he was a law unto himself:(, but i read a book by one of my walsall football club heroes a while back, chris marsh, and he said that alex actually met them on the pitch before our fa cup game and gave our players a talk, we where in the old 3rd division at the time and they where in the top tier, we had done some giant killing on the way , and we drew them in the next round, but he took time to welcome our players give them a few tips lol and told them to relax and enjoy the day, it may well have been a ploy but he seemed genuine? we lost the game 5-1 but we got a standing ovation from the old trafford croud and we had a great day out:spin:
Before they moved to Carrington anyone could watch the team in training at the Cliffe in Salford, we saw Cantona many times, one time there was a woman from Australia who kept shouting " Eric I love you" much to his embarrassment.
Sir Alex made a few of his team go out and sign autographs every day and every morning he made a point of speaking to all the regulars who hung around the perimeter fence.
I knew a lady who worked in the laundry there and he had tea and toast with them every morning, he is nothing like how he portrays himself in the media.

CaribeCelt
11-05-2013, 00:26
On another note.....big dough going on Pelligrini to be the next Man City manager according to Sky sports.

slodgedad
11-05-2013, 01:12

Never been a Man U fan, but always a Fergie fan

Is there anyone who would object to him joining their club?

The man's a genius.

CaribeCelt
12-05-2013, 23:16
As other people said,I have never really liked Man U, but liked Fergie...and after today I'm a bigger fan.
His farewell wasn't about him...but about the future and well being of Man U...a top manager and top man it seems.

slodgedad
13-05-2013, 00:07
As other people said,I have never really liked Man U, but liked Fergie...and after today I'm a bigger fan.
His farewell wasn't about him...but about the future and well being of Man U...a top manager and top man it seems.

Totally agree. All he's concerned about is the furure of the club. (Still not a fan tho')

YOUNG GOLFER
13-05-2013, 00:22
Never be a fan.

AL JAY
13-05-2013, 00:40
Never be a fan.

Im not surprised seeing he has just won his 13th Premier League title and Liverpool have never won it... zero/zilch/nada you are probably just seething with envy! Even Everton have finished above you twice on the bounce now,if we do it again next season i believe we can keep you! :crylaughing::crylaughing::crylaughing:

I bet you wished you had jumped on the Man utd bandwagon now instead like your mates did at your Primary school in Devon :devil:

slodgedad
13-05-2013, 00:51
Im not surprised seeing he has just won his 13th Premier League title and Liverpool have never won it... zero/zilch/nada you are probably just seething with envy! Even Everton have finished above you twice on the bounce now,if we do it again next season i believe we can keep you! :crylaughing::crylaughing::crylaughing:

I bet you wished you had jumped on the Man utd bandwagon now instead like your mates did at your Primary school in Devon :devil:

My nephew's the same.

The power of the press.

No one seems to support the most important team..(YOUR LOCAL ONE)

Off topic, I know, but AF is to be admired.

warbey
13-05-2013, 20:51
Like Him or Loathe Him, He deserves respect for His Achievements.

I just hope He can be of service to the Game of Football as a whole.