PDA

View Full Version : Where can I find information on the workings of CD Tenerife?

matutec
08-05-2013, 20:21
Hi all,

I'm currently working on a project focusin on 2a B and I'm looking for more information on the clubs there. Tenerife are one of the ones I'm focusing on and I was wondering if there was anyone here who has knowledge on the day-to-day club workings, finances and social side of the club, and who would like to discuss these with me.

Thanks,

Matias

junglejim
08-05-2013, 21:07
Fred Perry on here is your best bet - send a PM
This is his Thread
http://www.tenerifeforum.org/tenerife-forum/showthread.php?25735-Sunday-12th-May-CDT-vs-RSD-Alcala

CaribeCelt
08-05-2013, 22:19
Or try the Frente Blanquiazul.
https://www.facebook.com/frenteblanquiazul.cdt?fref=ts

bonitatime
08-05-2013, 23:17
What exactly did you want to know. We work with the club
PM me is probably easiest

Fred Perry
09-05-2013, 00:46
[QUOTE=CaribeCelt;285810]Or try the Frente Blanquiazul.

Here better www.frenteblanquiazul.net

What sort of thing you need to find out? Write down questions and I will answer on here.

matutec
09-05-2013, 11:35
[QUOTE=CaribeCelt;285810]Or try the Frente Blanquiazul.

Here better www.frenteblanquiazul.net

What sort of thing you need to find out? Write down questions and I will answer on here.

Hi Fred,

Thanks for giving me the chance. Here are a few questions I have, hopefully you can provide some answers:

-Way type of issues does Tenerife in the day to day running of the club (like players not getting paid on time or the local government cancelling subsidy)? The examples given are based on what I've seen around other clubs of the division.

-What are the training facilities like and how do they compare to other clubs in the division? Do they have any medical facilities for example and full time staff there?

-What's an estimated budget of the club for 1st team contracts, and what would an average 1st team salary be?

-How connected are the club and the players to the wider community? Are the players everyday people or are they more like the isolated "stars" of La Liga or the Premier League?

I'm trying to build a general picture of the league and how these clubs are coping with life in the Bronze division, so any other information that you might think is appropriate would be greatly appreciated.

Fred Perry
09-05-2013, 12:39
Blimey, I was hoping for some questions as in "How many matches have you won this season or what is the capacity of the stadium" lol.

1) It goes without saying that the crisis in Spain has led to cuts in any government funding for sports clubs. CD Tenerife have a deal with the Cabildo (local government) - tourism department, for the sponsorship on the away shirts. The amount is roughly 500,000€ per season BUT the Cabildo has been late in paying(they have only just paid 2010/2011 season), so the club have had a big gap to fill as the budgets for the team are set. CDT almost went into administration recently but it looks as if all players and staff will be paid on time.

2) The training facilites are pretty basic but good enough. Anyone can go along to watch the sessions, you can mix with the players afterwards and it is pretty low key. The club has a full time doctor andthe basic medical facilities, apart from that a local private clinic is used.
The training areas are good compared to others in 2nd B I would think, but having said that there are two synthetic pitches and one grass. Normal changing rooms.

3) Not sure of the toal budget for 1st team but by no way are these players on astronomical wages. Roughly...the best paid few are on about 80.000€ a year. Most less than that and some of the youngsters breaking through a lot less.

4) Without doubt the players are very down to earth and have no big egos. Lets face it a good majority are just local lads now and if you ever need an interview/photo it is no problem. A good example of this is, in the players spare time , six of them recently visited a young lad in a wheelchair in his house to present him with match tickets & a club shirt. Needless to say it made his day. Most players have normal everyday cars(some do have Audi´s provided as part of a deal) but no porshe´s etc. lol

Hopefully we will not have to cope with "Bronze Division" football for much longer. Hope this helps.

matutec
09-05-2013, 12:57
Extremely helpful, thanks very much. I hope it's not a problem if I get in touch again with more questions at another time, will try and ask easier ones as well! Great to hear the club and the players are so accessible to the fans and the community in general.

matutec
14-05-2013, 17:15
Hi all, have tried to get onto the frenteblanquiazul forum, but I can't seem to find any forum posts or messages...am I doing something wrong? Hoping to go out there in June and catch a game at the Heliodoro!

Fred Perry
14-05-2013, 18:35
The frente blanquiazul forum is private. This is a open one and more up to date; http://www.zonablanquiazul.com/forum/c-d-tenerife/

or go to the armada sur page on facebook ; https://www.facebook.com/groups/armadasur/

matutec
14-05-2013, 18:48
Ah, that explains things! Have tried to register on zonablanquiazul.com before but for some reason it doesn't confirm me as a user so can't sign in...thanks for the links Fred.

On a completely unrelated note, I've heard somewhere that Aridane is slightly overweight and is a bit lazy in training, is this true? I find it hard to believe considering his scoring record this season...

bonitatime
15-05-2013, 08:34
He worked very hard On his weight last summer and is no where near overweight. As for lazy I would doubt that as he is a very hard worked. Can only presume the comment came From Leganes