PDA

View Full Version : Other An Irish man who was pickpocketed needs help cancelling cards

seanocelt
09-05-2013, 03:26
A tourist in his 50s, lone traveller, got pickpocketed near the Columbus last night, asking me for help to cancel bank cards etc. Lost cards , cash, phone ..Im tryin to sort him a few beers and breakfast till he goes home to Ireland on Sat, anyone got a calling card for cheap calls to Ireland? If not, where's a decent internet cafe near Santiago 2, will let him use my Skype account. Any help appreciated, feel sorry for him. Will check in 10am ish, meeting him 11am. Also anyone already doing an airport run Sat Pm fit him in?

doreen
09-05-2013, 09:59
We can help out with the "airport run" ("we" here actually means DJD :)) ... will be in touch

who-r-ya
09-05-2013, 10:39
Pickpocketing is a huge problem outside Club Atlantis (puero colon) going up the hill to Scots corner and clothes shop on corner, if the dont get you going up hill while you are breathless! their seems to be a lot of men waiting for their partners outside the German clothes shop and they are always a target! BEWARE..when we were there 2weeks ago it was a daily occurance .

Bobby
09-05-2013, 11:45
A tourist in his 50s, lone traveller, got pickpocketed near the Columbus last night, asking me for help to cancel bank cards etc. Lost cards , cash, phone ..Im tryin to sort him a few beers and breakfast till he goes home to Ireland on Sat, anyone got a calling card for cheap calls to Ireland? If not, where's a decent internet cafe near Santiago 2, will let him use my Skype account. Any help appreciated, feel sorry for him. Will check in 10am ish, meeting him 11am. Also anyone already doing an airport run Sat Pm fit him in?

Sorry I can't help but bless you for what you are doing.

seanocelt
09-05-2013, 13:56
Thank you on his behalf forum members Doreen and DJ Dangerous (remember him?). Poor man is in a state but thanks to those guys he got to call Ireland and cancel cards/order money, Hoops Bar Los Cristianos and Whiskey Jar, Las Americas keeping him fed and watered meantime, and the Palms Chippy offered food too. Nice. Thanks again all.

blondie
09-05-2013, 16:01
This forum restores my faith in human nature once again , you will all be repaid in kind.

pablo1
09-05-2013, 16:51

Seany, let him run a tab up in the whiskey jar for food and drink and I'll sort it when I'm over. Obviously don't let him if he's anything like me.. :-)

seanocelt
09-05-2013, 17:23
Nothing like you Pablo, cant dance a step! Waiting on a Western Union transfer, hope its done tomorrow. If anyone has an old hand luggage bag they dont want, it may help; he had to slit his open as it was padlocked, usual carry on size, and condition.

seanocelt
10-05-2013, 18:46
COPIED FROM FACEBOOK POST I JUST MADE:

Ok folks Anthony , the robbery victim, is heading home tomorrow. Thanks to everyone for offers of food,drink and cash. He got Western Union transfer today, and the bag from Susie Turnbull. He gets a lift to the airport tomorrow from Chris at Hoops Bar Tenerife, thanks to Gillian Anderson there for sorting him a bite and a drink. Forum members Doreen and Dave (DJ DANGEROUS), got him sorted with cash and phone calls to sort him out at the start, Derek Jock Mcfadyen at the Whiskey Jar, a base and a bite when he needed advice,Lorraine Mckeon and staff at Palms Chippy were lovely to him , and others above in the thread made generous offers. More good people here than bad, hope the scum that robbed him end up deported or worse one day. A big thanks to you all from Anthony.

Angusjim
11-05-2013, 08:24

Ok folks Anthony , the robbery victim, is heading home tomorrow. Thanks to everyone for offers of food,drink and cash. He got Western Union transfer today, and the bag from Susie Turnbull. He gets a lift to the airport tomorrow from Chris at Hoops Bar Tenerife, thanks to Gillian Anderson there for sorting him a bite and a drink. Forum members Doreen and Dave (DJ DANGEROUS), got him sorted with cash and phone calls to sort him out at the start, Derek Jock Mcfadyen at the Whiskey Jar, a base and a bite when he needed advice,Lorraine Mckeon and staff at Palms Chippy were lovely to him , and others above in the thread made generous offers. More good people here than bad, hope the scum that robbed him end up deported or worse one day. A big thanks to you all from Anthony.

Good news well done to Sean and all the others for taking the time to help him out :tiphat:

Susief
11-05-2013, 08:46

A big pat on the back to everyone who helped the guy! Well done!