PDA

View Full Version : Employment I'm looking for employment or recruitment agencies in Tenerife

Andy D
09-05-2013, 16:54
Hello Everyone,

Firstly I'm sorry if this question is already on here somewhere,

Having visited Tenerife several times me my partner and my children have decided to make the move from Leeds to Tenerife. Can anyone help me with any information regarding employment? I have sorted a house I even have school places sorted out ready for the big move. My main worry is getting the right information on employment, I've read so much conflicting information on different sites which is the reason I have joined this one.

I am looking for any recruitment consultants or agencies who may be able to help me. I'm thinking its difficult not been on the Island now but I have a few months before we make the move and would like to sort something if possible or at least have the right information before we travel. I have years of sales experience in printing and also the motor trade. I also have 7yrs experience in owning my own business too if that helps but I will try anything if I'm given the opportunity and speak basic Spanish which I'm hoping to build on in the future. Can anyone point me in the right direction? Its been our dream for years to move to Tenerife and I'm hoping I can make it happen for me and my family.

Any help will be massively appreciated.

Andy & Clare

doreen
09-05-2013, 17:16
Hello Andy - welcome to the Forum. There really aren't any recruitment agencies who deal with non Spanish speaking people.

Here are some online sites that have jobs in the area (look below at similar jobs)

http://es.empleo.canalmail.com/empleo/tenerife/formador-ruso-tenerife-adeje-0390627

http://www.infojobs.net/jobsearch/search-results/list.xhtml

http://www.adecco.es/BuscarTrabajo/BuscarTrabajo.aspx

Printing is not a boom area at the moment - the main company serving the English community, First Impressions, closed recently ... and yesterday a friend told me of another Publicity/Printing company closing this month with staff still waiting on 2-3 months wages :(

Andy D
09-05-2013, 17:30
Thank you Doreen, Printing is the same everywhere I think. I'll take a look at the sites tho thanks. Andy

eriksdeal
13-05-2013, 13:44
Looking for work from July onwards-Hotel Sales,Property sales,Bar Work and generally anything ..any answers helpful Erik

Tom & Sharon
13-05-2013, 19:13
Hello Everyone,

Firstly I'm sorry if this question is already on here somewhere,

Having visited Tenerife several times me my partner and my children have decided to make the move from Leeds to Tenerife. Can anyone help me with any information regarding employment? I have sorted a house I even have school places sorted out ready for the big move. My main worry is getting the right information on employment, I've read so much conflicting information on different sites which is the reason I have joined this one.

I am looking for any recruitment consultants or agencies who may be able to help me. I'm thinking its difficult not been on the Island now but I have a few months before we make the move and would like to sort something if possible or at least have the right information before we travel. I have years of sales experience in printing and also the motor trade. I also have 7yrs experience in owning my own business too if that helps but I will try anything if I'm given the opportunity and speak basic Spanish which I'm hoping to build on in the future. Can anyone point me in the right direction? Its been our dream for years to move to Tenerife and I'm hoping I can make it happen for me and my family.

Any help will be massively appreciated.

Andy & Clare

Hi Andy & Clare and welcome to the forum.

It's lovely to have dreams, we all have them, but how can you even consider a move to Tenerife with a family to support and no job?

Andy D
13-05-2013, 19:54
Hello Tom & Sharon, Thank you for your comments. I'm not about to take my family to a foreign country and not be able to support them I have other means in the UK to allow me to do this. The reason I'm looking for employment is due to not been the sort of person who enjoys sitting around all day with nothing to do. This is the reason I'm seeking employment. So no the answer to your question "how can you even consider a move to Tenerife with a family to support and no job?" is I'm not considering moving to Tenerife with no job and not able to support my family. This is a dream for me and my family and i have made sure we fulfil this dream.

Tom & Sharon
13-05-2013, 20:38
Hello Tom & Sharon, Thank you for your comments. I'm not about to take my family to a foreign country and not be able to support them I have other means in the UK to allow me to do this. The reason I'm looking for employment is due to not been the sort of person who enjoys sitting around all day with nothing to do. This is the reason I'm seeking employment. So no the answer to your question "how can you even consider a move to Tenerife with a family to support and no job?" is I'm not considering moving to Tenerife with no job and not able to support my family. This is a dream for me and my family and i have made sure we fulfil this dream.

Good, I'm glad to hear it. Sorry to sound so abrupt, but people do you know! I think you'll find jobs in short supply, so you may have to get used to sitting around a bit more......

sunseeker
12-11-2013, 01:45
Hello Everyone,

I am looking for any recruitment consultants or agencies who may be able to help me.

There used to be a branch of adecco in Los cris above the social offices.

Muppet
12-11-2013, 07:00
35% unemployment rate in the Canaries, 7ish % in the UK - sorry, but the numbers really tell the story, unless of course you want to take on PR work for cash on the black with no health care for you or the family.

Work for professionals with your skill set is effectively non existent, especially with (approved by the EU) priority being given to Canarians.

cypriancal
18-04-2014, 12:42
Dear Andy,

Never stop believing in yourself ;-) I am in similar situation ;-)

It seems like it will be better for us to open some business instead of looking to work for someone.

Regards,
Cyprian

kingbaker
18-04-2014, 14:32
Dear Andy,

Never stop believing in yourself ;-) I am in similar situation ;-)

It seems like it will be better for us to open some business instead of looking to work for someone.

Regards,
Cyprian

That would not be correct. There is no reason to believe this line. Did you bang your head?