PDA

View Full Version : Finance Looking for a UK tax advisor in south Tenerife

webewitch
12-05-2013, 12:35
I need help in filling out my UK Tax Self Assessment forms.

Can anyone recommend a Tenerife South based one?

tenerifemummy
13-05-2013, 01:52
Hi I am a qualified book keeper who is moving to Tenerife on 31st May is that too late?

jmcd
13-05-2013, 08:52
Tenerife International Business centre in Las Galletas will help you.

Here is the link:

www.tibc-sl.com/

(Not advertising, just recommending them again, mods! They are good! and I am just one of the many happy customers! :wink2:)

webewitch
13-05-2013, 10:07
On their tax page http://www.tibc-sl.com/tax.php they only refer to Spanish Tax.

Do you know if they are experts in UK Tax too?

BobMac
13-05-2013, 10:16
Contact user GoldenManiac through the forum

Goldenmaniac
13-05-2013, 12:23
Contact user GoldenManiac through the forum

That's very kind Bob but unfortunately filling out UK Tax Self Assessment forms is not something I deal with, my work is Spain based apart from things like the P85 and UK's Spain individual forms which are used during a "cross over" situation when someone is affected by dual taxation issues.

Tom & Sharon
13-05-2013, 13:30
If I was looking or a UK tax adviser, I would be using one who resides in the UK and is FSA registered, not someone who's lived in Tenerife for donkeys years and is outside of UK regualation and liability for any mistakes they make.

Everything can be done online, so why look for someone in Tenerife?

webewitch
13-05-2013, 13:38
Everything can be done online, so why look for someone in Tenerife?
Because I'm not sure how to fill it in properly.
I have a share portfolio and some of the shares that were bought and sold were foreign and I'm in a complete muddle as to how to enter that data.

Tom & Sharon
13-05-2013, 13:45
Because I'm not sure how to fill it in properly.
I have a share portfolio and some of the shares that were bought and sold were foreign and I'm in a complete muddle as to how to enter that data.

If you ring the helpline, they''ll tell you how to calculate it - http://search2.hmrc.gov.uk/kb5/hmrc/contactus/view.page?record=hpkspulskxM&titleindex=1

I've rung them before now if I've been stuck and found them very helpful.

bulldog
13-05-2013, 14:08
If you ring the helpline, they''ll tell you how to calculate it - http://search2.hmrc.gov.uk/kb5/hmrc/contactus/view.page?record=hpkspulskxM&titleindex=1

I've rung them before now if I've been stuck and found them very helpful.

I agree with T&S ring them they,ll talk you through it ,if you live outside the U.K.
you can,t do your s.a. online it needs to be in paper form you have till Oct.2013
to submit it once you get into it, its not that complicated,try it! unlike Spain they
won,t fine you if you make a mistake!!

Tom & Sharon
13-05-2013, 14:15
I agree with T&S ring them they,ll talk you through it ,if you live outside the U.K.
you can,t do your s.a. online it needs to be in paper form you have till Oct.2013
to submit it once you get into it, its not that complicated,try it! unlike Spain they
won,t fine you if you make a mistake!!

Thanks Bulldog. You can do it online though. I do it online every year and have done for a long time. The deadline for paper returns for tax year 2012/13 is 31st Oct 2013, but you have until 31st Jan 2014 to file it online.

tenerifemummy
13-05-2013, 14:59
Hi Again!!,

Just want to advise that I am accredited by the International Association of Book-keepers (IAB) and have a Level 2 Certificate in Book-keeping.

Regards
Tenerifemummy x

bulldog
13-05-2013, 15:14
Thanks Bulldog. You can do it online though. I do it online every year and have done for a long time. The deadline for paper returns for tax year 2012/13 is 31st Oct 2013, but you have until 31st Jan 2014 to file it online.

Maybe its just me,they told me I can only submit a paper form they send them over
by post ,one year it came in braille!! and I,m not even blind!!

doreen
13-05-2013, 17:51

Are you using a Tenerife or a UK address as Home Address when submitting online - might be that ?

Tom & Sharon
13-05-2013, 18:05
Are you using a Tenerife or a UK address as Home Address when submitting online - might be that ?

That's what I thought Doreen.