PDA

View Full Version : Cars & Transport What do I need to know before my car's ITV in Tenerife?

seanocelt
12-05-2013, 17:43
I am about to put a car through for the 1st time. Anyone had a failure lately, if so what are they strict on? Got new tyres, getting wiper blades, my headlights are very discoloured may have to get lenses cleaned. Also under front bumper, loose bit of plastic, fail?

junglejim
12-05-2013, 18:13
Itīs mainly run through a machine is it not Sean ? I had a mate a couple of years ago that failed on emissions -new Cat Converter ,ouch!

balababe
12-05-2013, 21:58
Ashro on this forum sorts out my ITV for me - he does a pre-check first. PM him - he is excellent and also reasonable.

Ashro Autos
12-05-2013, 22:34
Main things they are picking up on at minute are Tyres,seatbelts,airbag lights,emmisions and number plates.Seem to be having major purge on plates due to growing amount of roadside speedtraps.Headlights can fail if they are really clouded and dont emit enough light into the beam tester.We now can clean up most headlights unless they are really bad.

lesbroz
12-05-2013, 22:39
Itīs mainly run through a machine is it not Sean ? I had a mate a couple of years ago that failed on emissions -new Cat Converter ,ouch!

Same for me last year.