PDA

View Full Version : Jennifer Mills-Westley story 8pm tonight on Channel 4

Tom & Sharon
13-05-2013, 19:51
The full story of the murder of Jennifer Mills-Westley in Tenerife is on Channel 4 dispatches at 8pm tonight.

Should be interesting........

marbro8
13-05-2013, 21:30
well i think that the family came out of it with a lot of humility, in what must have been the most horrendous time of their lives, it wasn't just the fact that she was killed but the way in which it was done,and to have to sit through the trial with her killer just feet away and showing no remorse, and feel sorry for him, rightly or wrongly i don't think i could have been that forgiving, even though i think both the uk and spanish authorities have a lot to answer for, and for them to hide behind the data protection act says it all:(

Tom & Sharon
13-05-2013, 22:12
Good programme. I think the daughters were very understanding.

If a person is so mentally ill that they believe they are Jesus Christ, it is for society to protect them, and everyone else from them.

Susief
13-05-2013, 22:24
I thought they were very sincere and I'm not sure I could be so understanding but the guy is clearly very ill and I hope he can now get the treatment he needs!

RIP Jennifer! X

balcon
13-05-2013, 23:06
The family need his signature to say he gives his permission for them to read his medical records ........ if they manage to obtain his signature. you can bet the authorities will say, sorry we can't allow that as he wasn't in the right frame of mind when he signed .....

My heart goes out to them, and I can only hope one day they will be able remember their mum for the lovely lady she was, and not have to remember her for the way she died.

murph
14-05-2013, 01:22
For those of us who missed this, it is repeated on Friday 17th May 2.35 AM on Channel 4

candy2411
14-05-2013, 10:00
Just watched this programme on laptop Channel 4 OD.....chilling to say the least.

Whether Deyanov is mentally ill or evil is a matter of conjecture, but the fact he could be released in 20 years time when a comparative young man feels me with dread.

Malteser Monkey
14-05-2013, 10:06
will it be 20 years or could it be before ? haven't watched it yet

candy2411
14-05-2013, 13:51
will it be 20 years or could it be before ? haven't watched it yet

I wouldn't watch it if I were you, wish I hadn't

Malteser Monkey
14-05-2013, 15:12
I wouldn't watch it if I were you, wish I hadn't

Why's that Candy ?

Susief
14-05-2013, 18:23
Why's that Candy ?

I would watch it again! There was nothing bad or gruesome!
If anything I felt more empathy for the family afterwards!

candy2411
14-05-2013, 19:00
Having watched the programme I felt great respect for the daughters who showed unbelievable dignity in such harrowing circumstances.
I feel that the programme opened up more questions than answers given and sorry, but seeing the guilty person, found it hard to feel compassion. Yes, he may be mentally ill, but to my mind there was little sign of remorse, regret or even shock at the appalling crime.
It would add further insult if his defence team were using his mental state to ensure his term of custody was a little less severe than that of say a prison sentence.

This man has fooled the authorities before, he was discharged from a hospital in the UK before he ever arrived in Tenerife.

The whole catalogue of errors by various authorities failing to incarcerate him is astounding in itself, but I don't see the point in looking for blame elsewhere as nothing can change what happened on that awful day.

Malteser Monkey
14-05-2013, 22:35
Having watched the programme I felt great respect for the daughters who showed unbelievable dignity in such harrowing circumstances.
I feel that the programme opened up more questions than answers given and sorry, but seeing the guilty person, found it hard to feel compassion. Yes, he may be mentally ill, but to my mind there was little sign of remorse, regret or even shock at the appalling crime.
It would add further insult if his defence team were using his mental state to ensure his term of custody was a little less severe than that of say a prison sentence.

This man has fooled the authorities before, he was discharged from a hospital in the UK before he ever arrived in Tenerife.

The whole catalogue of errors by various authorities failing to incarcerate him is astounding in itself, but I don't see the point in looking for blame elsewhere as nothing can change what happened on that awful day.

still haven't watched it yet - but I believe it was the Ablitt unit where my Father passed away not so long ago

candy2411
15-05-2013, 08:58
I would watch it again! There was nothing bad or gruesome!
If anything I felt more empathy for the family afterwards!

not sure I would agree, the sight of those knives being shown in the court was horrific in my mind

maybe it's just me, but I still find it chilling to walk past that Chinese shop and there's no way I could go inside

- - - - - - - - - - merged double post - - - - - - - - - -

still haven't watched it yet - but I believe it was the Ablitt unit where my Father passed away not so long ago

sorry to hear that MM