PDA

View Full Version : Lloyds TSB International Bank to be taken over by Solbank

Terrynsue
14-05-2013, 19:03
We have today received communication from Lloyds TSB International who we bank with (Fanabe Plaza), informing us that they are about to be purchased by 'Banco Sabadell' before the end of 2013. Are any forum members aware of this bank ? bearing in mind the current financial situation. Any omments/info would be appreciated. Thanks Terry n Sue

CIM
14-05-2013, 19:10
Yes, the have decided to close down the majority of their international operations servicing expats. Spain isnt the only country they are pulling out from though, they have withdrawn from several over the past few years although they are retaining some presence (not retail) in Spain
They have taken a small (under 2%) stake in Sabadell group in exchange for their operations in Spain.

Theres a link here about it: (cached link) http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:kWzdq12uFjcJ:www.ft.com/cms/s/0/3d98d184-b09e-11e2-9f24-00144feabdc0.html+&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=uk#axzz2TIFRfITy

doreen
14-05-2013, 19:15
We have today received communication from Lloyds TSB International who we bank with (Fanabe Plaza), informing us that they are about to be purchased by 'Banco Sabadell' before the end of 2013. Are any forum members aware of this bank ? bearing in mind the current financial situation. Any omments/info would be appreciated. Thanks Terry n Sue

You would know their Los Cristianos subsidiary better - Solbank

EDIT: CIM, could you do a cut & paste on that FT piece (it's under subscription)

Terrynsue
14-05-2013, 19:30
Thanks CIM but I agree with Doreen, just had a look at link from you and it is a subscribing site which i am not happy to do

CIM
14-05-2013, 19:33
Hmm, that worked fine for me before, now its disappeared...!

Try the cached link:
http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:kWzdq12uFjcJ:www.ft.com/cms/s/0/3d98d184-b09e-11e2-9f24-00144feabdc0.html+&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=uk#axzz2TIFRfITy

kiwiphil
14-05-2013, 19:36
I use Solbank and everything has been very easy to setup and manage. Very friendly and helpful staff in Los Cris office too. Website and telephone support, and staff all in English. No fees either, provided you meet certain criteria, which were 600 euro deposit per month on one account or on a business account monthly DD for social security.

Megaloo
14-05-2013, 20:41
I am with Sabadell Solbank and very happy

mike in chayofa
14-05-2013, 20:44
Can ayone tell me - or provide a link to more information about the proposed take-over of Lloyda TSB International regarding account/money guarantees?

It's just that I have 5 accounts with Solbank, an account with LTSB in Gibralter and also an account with LTSB in Jersey. If they will all come under the same umbrella for the 100.000€ guaratee, I need to start moving money around!

lesbroz
15-05-2013, 20:12
Can ayone tell me - or provide a link to more information about the proposed take-over of Lloyda TSB International regarding account/money guarantees?

It's just that I have 5 accounts with Solbank, an account with LTSB in Gibralter and also an account with LTSB in Jersey. If they will all come under the same umbrella for the 100.000€ guaratee, I need to start moving money around!

Sorry Mike. The letter I received only spoke about Lloyds International Spain, so not sure how that would affect Gib. and Jersey.