PDA

View Full Version : Cars & Transport Who should I get my hire car from in Tenerife? AutoReisen or Plus Car?

Iona
16-05-2013, 23:08
I am going to Tenerife for one week in July and I am flying into the South airport. I have looked up quotes for AR, plus car, 5car and orcar. AR, orcar and plus car were the exact same price. From other posts I am to believe that AR and orcar are the same company therefore I now need to decide between AR/orcar and plus car. From what I've read, plus car have nicer cars but they aren't based at the airport whereas AR/orcar are based at the airport but their cars can be a bit rough around the edges. Other than that, I can't see any other differences between the companies.

At the moment I am leaning towards plus car as it's the same price as AR but they (supposedly) have nicer cars. Has anyone hired a car from them before? Was your experience good? Was it a problem that their office wasn't based at the airport?

Any advice on either companies would be very much appreciated!!

Thank you

AL JAY
16-05-2013, 23:54
Autoreisen all day!!! No hidden extra's and i have read a few threads lately on here where people have been upgraded,they are also very people friendly! Too many hire company's may seem to be ok until they start charging you for fuel/extra insurance etc! Autoreisen does what it says on the tin!

Susief
17-05-2013, 06:19
AR or Orcar for us! They have fairly new cars now! We got upgraded from an A to a C last time! Costs us just over 10e a day.
No hidden charges, second driver free and pick up when you pick up your luggage!

mcroft
17-05-2013, 09:35
AUTOREISEISEN .....Good service if there is a problem or accident they are quick to help
NEVER go anywhere else, just going on my experience with various car hire companies in Tenerife

karinagal
17-05-2013, 14:58
I concur - always use Autoreisen. No hidden charges wins it for me every time!!

Su1
17-05-2013, 16:09
I concur - always use Autoreisen. No hidden charges wins it for me every time!!

I agree...always Autoreisen.....ust had an corsa for a month.....took it back yesterday.......a lovely car and very cheap!!!

GaryA
17-05-2013, 19:10
Used AR a few times and no problems. Car reasonable and you bring the car back with the same amount f fuel. Also free kids seats/boosters if that effects you.

karinagal
17-05-2013, 20:27
Used AR a few times and no problems. Car reasonable and you bring the car back with the same amount f fuel. Also free kids seats/boosters if that effects you.

You get the same at Autoreisen.....

GaryA
17-05-2013, 20:44
AR is autoreisen I believe!

karinagal
17-05-2013, 21:24
AR is autoreisen I believe!

Whoopsie!! :D

essexeddie
18-05-2013, 19:05
Yep me too, Autoreisen.

tfs1
18-05-2013, 21:11
used AutoReisen many many times, cars not the newest on the road but they have never let us down.

Easy hire process as they are onsite and also have an office where the cars are located just outside the terminal so you can talk to someone if you have a problem with the car etc - they have always been accommodating and helpful.

Never used pluscar given our satisfaction with AR.

Goldcar cars are newer but the company offers low rental prices to hook people in but then screws customers for high cost extras they are made to take - will go with Autoreisen every time.

bobferry
19-05-2013, 07:48
Without a dought Autoreison have the best cars and are very good on price i allways use them