PDA

View Full Version : Health Is Dr. Karen Whittaker still working in Tenerife?

vickyw28
17-05-2013, 16:10
I currently go to Karern Whittaker but my son will need an appointment over the weekend. Ive tried to find contact numbers for the BRITISH SURGERY in Las Americas and Costa Adeje but all numbers are either out of order or answered by spanish residents. Please can anbody advise me if the surgery is still running in these places and if so the contact numbers.

casabonny
17-05-2013, 16:41
I understand that she has sold out and that the Excellent Medical Centre have taken over.

Tickey
17-05-2013, 16:46
I heard she was retiring

gandt2000
17-05-2013, 17:25
As far as we know, Karen only Works from the Arona Hotel in Los Cristianos. Phone number 922 798 226. Excellent Medical did advise that she was joining them in July, but we have not spoken to her since to confirm this.

timmylish
17-05-2013, 23:09
Unfortunately this may well cause a lot of Brits major problems who have not bothered to learn even basic Spanish unless, of course, a Brit. doctor will buy her practice and rake in a fortune.

Tickey
18-05-2013, 11:53
I don't think the use of "basic spanish" is good enough when paying a visit to the doctor, therefore having an english speaking one on the island is great

Ecky Thump
18-05-2013, 11:56
As far as we know, Karen only Works from the Arona Hotel in Los Cristianos. Phone number 922 798 226. Excellent Medical did advise that she was joining them in July, but we have not spoken to her since to confirm this.

Correct, she is consulting patients from the Arona Grand Hotel, forum member Marbro was treated by her yesterday, he went there at 9.30am and got a midday appointment with her.

Before some smart a**e says "does she only consult patients from the Arona Grand'"no, she will treat people not staying there!:D

slodgedad
18-05-2013, 12:08
Correct, she is consulting patients from the Arona Grand Hotel, forum member Marbro was treated by her yesterday, he went there at 9.30am and got a midday appointment with her.

Before some smart a**e says "does she only consult patients from the Arona Grand'"no, she will treat people not staying there!:D
True. She is nothing to do with Arona Gran it just happens to be where her surgery is, in one of the locales in front.

Tom & Sharon
18-05-2013, 12:36
She did say to us last year that Excellent Medical had approached her to "work with them" but she wasn't interested.

seanocelt
18-05-2013, 13:34
whats up with Marbro? Seems a good forum member hope its nowt serious.

Ecky Thump
20-05-2013, 13:06
whats up with Marbro? Seems a good forum member hope its nowt serious.

The Doctors professional opinion was that, he just eats and drinks to much!:laugh:

To be more serious, he is ok, just a small recurring problem.

Angusjim
20-05-2013, 13:16
The Doctors professional opinion was that, he just eats and drinks to much!:laugh:

To be more serious, he is ok, just a small recurring problem.

Yes I have had one of them for years:crazy:

Ecky Thump
20-05-2013, 14:47
Yes I have had one of them for years:crazy:

I hope the penicillin tablets helped to clear up the problem! :laugh:

Ricman
20-05-2013, 17:16
I was there a few days ago & Karen was working as usual in the surgery which just happens to be in the Arona Gran complex & next to a Chemists & neither have any connection with Iceland or the Sunday market or Freddie Olsens Ferryboats, as far as I know.

The phone number is as given above & will no doubt be answered by the charming & very, very helpful young lady on reception, who bears no resemblance to the person in the sketch in the window !

tfs1
26-05-2013, 12:38
The phone number is as given above & will no doubt be answered by the charming & very, very helpful young lady on reception, who bears no resemblance to the person in the sketch in the window !

Clearly they have employed a new receptionist since the last time I visited !

marbro8
26-05-2013, 13:14
whats up with Marbro? Seems a good forum member hope its nowt serious.hi seanocelt, thanks for your concern;), i have an hiatus hernia, and when it plays up boy does it play up:(, all i did was go for a cooked breakfast before the flight and i was ill for 3 days afterwards:(, but i paid €30 euros to see the doctor and she said that the omoprozal that i had been given by my own doc was not strong enough, so gave me renatedine to take as well, that did the trick because i was eating and drinking like king henry the eighth for the next 7 days:laugh:

- - - - - - - - - - merged double post - - - - - - - - - -

To be more serious, he is ok, just a small recurring problem.thanks for being diplomatic with the description of my little problem ecky but i think other members may think i have caught a dose:laugh:

seanocelt
26-05-2013, 13:30
i take a ranitadine daily, really works.

warbey
26-05-2013, 19:49
hi seanocelt, thanks for your concern;), i have an hiatus hernia, and when it plays up boy does it play up:(, all i did was go for a cooked breakfast before the flight and i was ill for 3 days afterwards:(, but i paid €30 euros to see the doctor and she said that the omoprozal that i had been given by my own doc was not strong enough, so gave me renatedine to take as well, that did the trick because i was eating and drinking like king henry the eighth for the next 7 days:laugh:

- - - - - - - - - - merged double post - - - - - - - - - -

thanks for being diplomatic with the description of my little problem ecky but i think other members may think i have caught a dose:laugh:

But some do remember another condition that isnt a laughing Matter.

Hope it didnt spoil the break completely Mate..

marbro8
26-05-2013, 20:20
But some do remember another condition that isnt a laughing Matter.

Hope it didnt spoil the break completely Mate..only for the first few days mate, then when the extra medication kicked in i was fine;), i tried not to spoil it for my wife, her sister and her hubby, i went out with them in agony and just drank water, and the only thing i tried to eat was soup:(