PDA

View Full Version : My iPad goes bonkers when reading replies on the forum

Red Devil
18-05-2013, 15:36
When reading the forum on my ipad, the writing goes into a long narrow column instead of in ordinary rows across? Very hard to describe, but someones answer might be, for example, three sentences long, but when I read it, it turns into a column about a foot long, with just one or two letters on each row.
As you can imagine I spend half my time scrolling down. I assume its a setting I have wrong somewhere, but it only happens when using the forum.
I can use tapatalk instead I know but dontlike it as much.

delderek
18-05-2013, 15:39
When reading the forum on my ipad, the writing goes into a long narrow column instead of in ordinary rows across? Very hard to describe, but someones answer might be, for example, three sentences long, but when I read it, it turns into a column about a foot long, with just one or two letters on each row.
As you can imagine I spend half my time scrolling down. I assume its a setting I have wrong somewhere, but it only happens when using the forum.
I can use tapatalk instead I know but dontlike it as much.

Can't understand why you don't like Tapatalk, it seems perfect for all forums. Can only speak for the Android version though.

junglejim
18-05-2013, 15:56
use both laptop and iPad with no problems - Mozilla Nightly on laptop and Safari on iPad

Red Devil
18-05-2013, 16:07
Yes its Safari I use, must be a setting I've got wrong somewhere.:confused:

casabonny
18-05-2013, 16:11
Mine does that sometimes but not ever time

Red Devil
18-05-2013, 16:18
This is how mine looks when reading it.

AL JAY
18-05-2013, 16:56
Click on the chevrons top right of the thread to take out the sidebar,worth a try!

Red Devil
18-05-2013, 17:25
Click on the chevrons top right of the thread to take out the sidebar,worth a try!
You
Are
A
Genius

It has worked!!

Malteser Monkey
18-05-2013, 17:45

Was just going to suggest that now I know what they are called - yes used to see that on a sign on the M1 or M6 - keep X amount of chevrons apart !