PDA

View Full Version : What are the rules for the playoffs for Segunda B?

Pauloaafc
19-05-2013, 17:22
Hi Guys. First time poster on the forum although I have been reading it for a coupe of years now.

I have been a regular visitor to Tenerife for nearly 20 years and been to a number of Tenerife matches.

I know the league has been won but can't remember the exact format of how the playoffs work to secure promotion back to the Segunda league.

From memory I believe the 4 teams who have won the 4 regional leagues go strraight to 2 finals and the 2 winners of those games are promoted, with the losers dropping into the remaining playoffs. Is this right? and what is the format for the rest f the playoffs. Also can anyone confirm the palyoff dates.

Thanks

bonitatime
19-05-2013, 17:23
Thats right
The dates for the First round are 26/5 and 2/6

Mike
19-05-2013, 19:11
What time is the draw for the play offs tomorrow and is it seeded?

KirstyJay
19-05-2013, 22:59
TheBloke reckons it's on at about 4.30pm.

bonitatime
20-05-2013, 08:37
And the first teams arent seeded
The rest are but that doesnt help us
It is On Marca TV which has a website and Possibly On RTVC.es

The rest
The second teams play the forth with home advantage for the second game and the third a play each other with a draw for home advantage

Fred Perry
20-05-2013, 10:05
The draw today is at 3.30pm live on Marca tv or any local radio station like Cadena Ser.

As league winners CD Tenerife can only draw one of the other group winners, Alaves, Real Jaen or Hospitalet(Barcelona).
It is a pure draw to decide rival and when you play home & away leg.

Most want to avoid Alaves as they in theory have the best team and are a bigger club. Hospitalet in Barcelona would be the favourites for many (especially as it is the easiest to get to for travelling Tenerife fans) although they do have an artificial pitch.

Real Jaen wouldd not be too bad but not easy for travel (meaning a 3 hour flight to Madrid followed by a 5 hour coach trip).

We will see at 3.30pm!

If we win this two legged tie we will be promoted.

junglejim
20-05-2013, 16:58
Hospitalet it is then !

http://www.diariodeavisos.com/rival-del-cd-tenerife-en-play-off/?utm_content=buffer091e5&utm_source=buffer&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=Buffer

canary boy
20-05-2013, 18:04
flights coming back on the Monday from Barcelona are well pricey!

alf arrow
21-05-2013, 02:12
Where have you been looking? When draw was made I booked ryanair TFS- BCN Return coming back on monday 3rd for €37

Fred Perry
21-05-2013, 10:31
alf arrow; Canary Boy (which refers to Norwich FC) lives in Norfolk.

It would be great to see fans come over from the UK. I know atleast 10 so far that have booked flights.

alf arrow
21-05-2013, 10:52
Doh!!!!!!!