PDA

View Full Version : Is it advisable to pre book seats on a Monarch scheduled flight?

Tenerific
20-05-2013, 13:33
Hi guys,

Im new in here and wondered if there was anyone in here who could put my fears to rest.
Just booked monarch scheduled flight and wondered if anyone has got any experience of NOT prebooking seats with a family in tow. Some people say they wont split young children up, but Im concerned that with this being a scheduled flight and not a charter flight that we may get rumbled?

Any thoughts?

Ta

???

Leam_Lin
20-05-2013, 13:39
Welcome to the forum.

We fly with Monarch & do not book seats, worst comes to worst we don't mind sitting in a different area, it has never happened, always a first, if I travelled with children I would definately book seats, or make sure I was one of the first to check in.

TOTO 99
20-05-2013, 13:42
Hi guys,

Im new in here and wondered if there was anyone in here who could put my fears to rest.
Just booked monarch scheduled flight and wondered if anyone has got any experience of NOT prebooking seats with a family in tow. Some people say they wont split young children up, but Im concerned that with this being a scheduled flight and not a charter flight that we may get rumbled?

Any thoughts?

Ta

???

Hi, welcome to the forum.

Not the answer you want to hear but I personally wouldn't risk it.

With the number of flights being scaled down they always seem full these days. It's hard enough with kids at the best of times. The last thing you want is to be stressing over seats. It's your holiday...enjoy it from start to finish.

kiwiphil
20-05-2013, 14:05
It only costs £4 or so to pre-book seats, so if its important to you then its not a huge cost. Its cheaper than most other airlines offer for the same (I think?). Maybe take one less checked bag and that covers the cost.

Alternatively check in really early to have the best chance.

I travel with Monarch quite alot and they will try to get you together, but not until after take-off. The standard line is "Take your allocated seats and we'll see what we can do after we get in the air". Its not very often that they do actually manage to rearrange things though.

But if you decide to risk it and save the money then don't give them a hard time if you get split up, its not like they haven't given you an option.

Skeggy
20-05-2013, 16:23
Three very good responses..........

warbey
20-05-2013, 20:29
Book the Kids together.

Adults take Pot Luck.

You can always swop then..

Su1
20-05-2013, 21:43
If your travelling with kids I assume your travelling in school hoidays? If so the plane will be pretty full with other familes.....so may not be easy to be seated together even if you book in early. As its a long flight of over 4 hours I'd personally pre book for piece of mind.

Dan747
22-05-2013, 01:33
If you do not want to pay to prebook your seats, then just make sure you turn up for check-in a bit earlier as Monarch assign your seats for you when you check-in.

However, in all the years I've been flying and probably a good 50 trips with Monarch, I've never had any issues with not being seated with the people I'm travelling with.

I've never bothered paying the extra for preassigned seats. The only time I've ever been split up is with easyJet and Ryanair with their 'free for all'.

Tenerific
25-05-2013, 23:05
Hi

Thank you for all the answers, really helpful in here. Will definitely return here to assist and ask questions. Im undecided at the mo, which way to go. Ive had a look to see how many seats are booked and there are not many, so lots of availability. I too, have had lots of experience flying monarch and never been split up. Might just take a punt and live life dangerously;-)
Will feed back my experience, still time to change my mind though!
Thanks again.