PDA

View Full Version : Cars & Transport British mobile smart repairer looking for work in Tenerife

elminto900
26-05-2013, 06:08
Hi,
I am a professional mobile smart repairer here in the uk,my work is to a very high standard having worked on Aston Martins and Ferrari,anyway i holiday in tenerife 3 times a year and wanted a bit feed back as to what people thought about a service like this for british and spanish?I would arrive at a customers house or work to carry out all aspects of body repair and paint including panel repairs,bumpers,door mirrors,alloy wheels,machine polishing also mechanical servicing etc..please let me know your views.Thanks Jamie

essexeddie
01-06-2013, 20:38
Sounds good but the only problem that I can see is that under Tenerife law car repairs are not allowed on the public roads. Not even washing them. (so they say). And as a lot of people live in apartments their cars are kept on the road, not all I must say but a lot do. Something to take into consideration. Otherwise its a good idea.
If you do decide let us all know.

elminto900
02-06-2013, 10:58
Oh bugger never new that,thats not good news thanks for letting me no tho,thats why theres not any on the island

casabonny
02-06-2013, 12:07
Sorry to say but spraying is not allowed in open spaces so I am afraid that although it sounds a good idea it could not work here

elminto900
02-06-2013, 12:51
I do it as my job here in uk,it's a shame as when I was in the reef 2 weeks ago I spoke to a lot of British people interested as its sort after and a much cheaper option as aposed to body shop bills

kiwiphil
02-06-2013, 13:03
I do it as my job here in uk,it's a shame as when I was in the reef 2 weeks ago I spoke to a lot of British people interested as its sort after and a much cheaper option as aposed to body shop bills

I had a repair done to a door here and I thought it was much cheaper than I could have got done in the UK. They had to build it out by welding bits on, then fill paint etc and it only cost €150. Not bad for many hours work.

If you do go ahead with this I'd suggest getting a feel for the costs out here before committing.

elminto900
02-06-2013, 13:15
Yeh av looked into that too it's a lot cheaper than uk I also have a golf club customisation business called blingyourswing which is doing very well I might focus more on this tho I would love to live out there

slodgedad
02-06-2013, 13:16
Risky business though. As has been said before it's not legal to do car repairs in the street.

I was told off, in no uncertain terms, by a policeman for washing my car outside my apartment.

elminto900
02-06-2013, 13:27
Yeh I think it's a no go:( never mind the dream is dead I will live out there one day!