PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone used the FU International Academy?

mister w
26-05-2013, 13:49
Hola

My wife and I are going to be learning Spanish at the FU International Academy in Puerto de la Cruz to (hopefully) be able to converse with the locals. We're doing a couple of weeks of intensive lessons so at the end of it all we'd like our Spanish to be beyond the 'Dos cervezas por favor' phase. I've done a bit of Rosetta Stone and some Michel Thomas but I'm not exactly what you'd call fluent. I try to speak Spanish, but when people don't reply with exactly what they say in the books, I'm thrown!

Has anyone here ever done a course with these guys? What are they like and what can we expect? We visited the place when we were last over and it looks good. There's a gym underneath that we can use at a discounted rate and bar/café thing going too.

Gracias!

Mister W

9PLUS
26-05-2013, 14:22
Your wife drinks pints?

x

Pooh
26-05-2013, 19:21
Wife did a few 1 on 1 lessons with a teacher there last summer to improve her Spanish, and I think it was ok, but neither of us have any experience with their regular courses.

Megaloo
26-05-2013, 20:03
No experience with learning at the school, but one of the head 's that is there. now started to teach me Spanish she was excellent it was me that was rubbish.? Also I had two friends who went there and got on well and was pleased with their progress.

mister w
27-05-2013, 03:53
Thanks, looking forward to it all. Can't wait to get out there and knowing at least some of the language should be a big help.

And yes, my wife drinks pints but only because I don't know how to order anything else!

junglejim
27-05-2013, 11:28
Cuba libre sin hielo will get you started and tipsy!:fpull:

Cousincas
27-05-2013, 12:45
An unfortunate name for a language school!

mister w
28-05-2013, 13:16
Yeah, not very friendly sounding is it!? Maybe FU isn't as offensive in Spanish...