PDA

View Full Version : Fiestas What time is the procession for Corpus Christi in Arona on Sunday 2nd June?

Saltnpepper
31-05-2013, 15:36
Does anyone know what time the procession starts for the Corpus Christi celebrations in ARONA on Sunday 2nd June? I'd like to see the flower carpets before they get trampled on but can only go there a bit later in the day, so what's the latest time I'll be able to see them, can anyone tell me please? Thanks. Btw, I've put Arona in capitals as I'm aware it's Corpus Christi in Adeje this weekend as well ...

junglejim
31-05-2013, 17:25
Times are in here

http://www.arona.travel/portal/turismo/fact_d4_v6.jsp?contenido=52352&language=en&nivel=1400&tipo=2

fixer
31-05-2013, 17:52
This weekend, 1 and 2 June, an annual spectacle that should not be missed tales place in the main street of Adeje. In honour of the religious festival of Corpus Christi, some 3,500 kilos of vibrantly coloured salt will be used to create alfombras de sal (carpets of salt) throughout Calle Grande and Calle Corpus in the old part of the town. Each carpet is created by a different collective, which will start work around 6pm tomorrow, Saturday, with the religious Corpus Christi procession on Sunday at 6pm.
Taken from
Janet ******** Site

Saltnpepper
31-05-2013, 21:09
Cheers Junglejim, that's very helpful! Just what I was looking for :)

Also Corpus Christi celebrations and carpets in many other towns and villages, including San Miguel which stretch from what the Vieja Bodega along Calle de la Iglesia up to the church. Have seen these in the past and although not quite La Orotava standard are very nicely done too.