PDA

View Full Version : Is this normal for wildlife in Tenerife?

karinagal
31-05-2013, 22:40
So.. I put out crunchy food for the passing cats. I'm sitting inside when I hear a loud crunching noise - the cats are not usually this loud. I look out and I swear I immediately thought that those 3 beers I had earlier in the day had left me hallucinating....

First time I've ever seen one of these here!!

Ecky Thump
31-05-2013, 23:20
So.. I put out crunchy food for the passing cats. I'm sitting inside when I hear a loud crunching noise - the cats are not usually this loud. I look out and I swear I immediately thought that those 3 beers I had earlier in the day had left me hallucinating....

First time I've ever seen one of these here!!

I've just googled "Hedgehogs in Tenerife" and it seems they are quite comman in Tenerife, but they are Algerian Hedgehogs, they are smaller than the ones in the UK.

Also there was a thread about them on the old forum, back in 1997.:)

slodgedad
31-05-2013, 23:28
I've just googled "Hedgehogs in Tenerife" and it seems they are quite comman in Tenerife, but they are Algerian Hedgehogs, they are smaller than the ones in the UK.

Also there was a thread about them on the old forum, back in 1997.:)

I think you mean 2007, Eric.

HERE (http://old.tenerifeforum.com/showthread.php?t=10047) it is

Ecky Thump
31-05-2013, 23:31
I think you mean 2007, Eric.

HERE (http://old.tenerifeforum.com/showthread.php?t=10047) it is

And I think your right.....but it keeps you from getting bored.:sorry:

julia44
01-06-2013, 09:09
About 6 months ago there was a one for sale on Ebay for 10€

dotty1
01-06-2013, 09:19
wow thats exciting Karen they all seem to come and visit you. Perhaps your tooooooooooooo friendly. They all no they can get something off you to eat and drink. See you soon

karinagal
01-06-2013, 23:54
wow thats exciting Karen they all seem to come and visit you. Perhaps your tooooooooooooo friendly. They all no they can get something off you to eat and drink. See you soon

I wouldn't be so bothered but the wee beggar keeps leaving little 'messages' behind him!! :D

Kinney61
06-06-2013, 12:48
I wouldn't be so bothered but the wee beggar keeps leaving little 'messages' behind him!! :D

You will have to try house training him!!!

primrose
06-06-2013, 16:11
If you think they are loud when they are eating wait till it gets a mate, you will need ear plugs.:love2::female::male:

Malteser Monkey
06-06-2013, 16:14
If you think they are loud when they are eating wait till it gets a mate, you will need ear plugs.:love2::female::male:

There's always one who has to lower the tone:laugh:

primrose
06-06-2013, 16:19
:rofl::rofl::rofl:

My Hedgehogs were well looked after I waited till they finished and then gave them some Mars Bar.It was like a Symphony Orchestra in my back garden don't know which was the loudest the Frogs or the Hedgehogs.

Malteser Monkey
06-06-2013, 16:25
:rofl::rofl::rofl:

My Hedgehogs were well looked after I waited till they finished and then gave them some Mars Bar.It was like a Symphony Orchestra in my back garden don't know which was the loudest the Frogs or the Hedgehogs.

Frogs and hedgehogs - it all goes on at your place, David Attenborough would have a field day !

Mars bars - not Maltesers ?

rosemary
06-06-2013, 20:32
We had hedgehogs eating our cat's food, much to her amazement and disgust when we lived on mainland. She would bring her babies too, sooo cute. Love em.

primrose
06-06-2013, 21:50
Frogs and hedgehogs - it all goes on at your place, David Attenborough would have a field day !

Mars bars - not Maltesers ?

Yeh had them as well, they have a very sweet tooth and they used to eat out of our hand.

imablue
06-06-2013, 22:35
We got some screeching Bird by us... (no its not my OH ):lol:..cuts right through you the noise it makes ..dunno some sort of grouse ..maybe ...any ideas ...can,t see it only hearing it ...

primrose
06-06-2013, 23:00
We got some screeching Bird by us... (no its not my OH ):lol:..cuts right through you the noise it makes ..dunno some sort of grouse ..maybe ...any ideas ...can,t see it only hearing it ...

Could be http://www.oiseaux-birds.com/card-monk-parakeet.html they are very vocal and screech a lot.

imablue
07-06-2013, 08:51
No its not a parakeet...they normally are in groups ..whatever this bird is its very elusive...have yet to see it, though i,ve see Grouse type birds.....??