PDA

View Full Version : Other What do you think and can you help my Tenerife Art facebook page?

Margaretta
01-06-2013, 13:11
Yes, I know that I'm an idealist but sometimes even I can try to be practical.
It's been very sad to read so many negative posts about Tenerife and it would be good to do something positive for the island....as of course, many already do.
This is an experiment and I'm very nervous about it. I have started a Facebook page called 'Art Inspired by Tenerife' for AMATEUR and professional photographers and artists. The idea is that anyone can add a picture depicting the loveliest features of Tenerife thereby promoting the island, hopefully encouraging more tourism and hopefully more employment.

I've started off the site with a couple of old paintings and a photo But I'm sure many of you have wonderful photos, embroideries and artworks which would enhance people's view of this amazing island.

If you can help, please submit your favourites with a little description (or a long one) and spread the word to people who don't know the island to have a look and any photographers and artists of your acquaintance. 'Liking' would also boost the site and encourage posts. Many thanks for reading this.

who-r-ya
01-06-2013, 13:20
Wonderful idea Margaretta, good luck, I will sort out some of my best pics, Tenerife has amazing opportunities for the most spectacular and sometimes just plain but lovely photos, I love this idea.

Malteser Monkey
01-06-2013, 13:21
That's a lovely idea - was going to let CB know but I can see she has already thanked you

Margaretta
01-06-2013, 14:27
Thank you so much for your responses. Yes, the idea is that the site is approachable and usable. A bit more confident now and excited about what we shall see there.

tracy hampshire
01-06-2013, 17:40
what a wonderful idea margaretta, i have just been on your site & posted a few photos of the north of the island, i m no great photographer but these are special places to me, i ve also asked a friend to take a look as he takes some wonderful photos of the island, once again a great site , i hope you get a good response x

Margaretta
01-06-2013, 23:54
Absolutely knocked out by the wonderful contributions so far. It's less than 24 hours since this FB site began and already it is an absolute delight revealing some of the loveliest places in Tenerife and some secret places too!
Suddenly I'm an administrator :thanx: which is a bit of a shock, simply because I started the page! Because of this, the page is very different to anything I am used to and when people make a contribution I have to click on the message to get the picture. I hope you all get the pictures immediately; they really are terrific. If anyone wants to 'administrate' with me...they will be very welcome but I consider the site to belong to all those who enjoy and care about Tenerife. Not sure but I don't think it is etiquette for me to comment but I can 'like' and send pm's. However I did break the code and comment on Peter's brave and wonderful gesture putting his deceased wife, Margaret's paintings on the site.
Here's hoping for many ongoing contributions and lots of encouragement for people to visit the island and boost the economy there. Do pass the word.......:hi:

Hugh
03-06-2013, 16:38
Great idea.. I have liked your FB page and I will upload some photos when I am online with my computer.

Margaretta
04-06-2013, 13:13
Thank you to all who have contributed so far......it's just the beginning so again....please contribute and spread the word.:welcome:

irishmusico
04-06-2013, 15:52
Great idea. I have sent you a couple of mine. :)

Margaretta
02-11-2013, 21:22
Hi Everyone,
Here is an update on the Facebook site. Thank you so, so much for the people who have contributed so far, many from this Forum, and there is room for so much more! Sometimes when I think the site is flagging someone comes forward with some terrific photos or, as this week, some incredible drawings and watercolours.
I doubt if anyone visits Tenerife without a camera facility or even a sketchpad. Please do share your work and enjoy that of others...there's quite a mixture there!
If you have friends who are thinking about visiting the island but are not sure, tell them about the FB site 'Art Inspired by Tenerife' and it will hopefully encourage them to come and add to the economy of the island. Little acorns make big trees (or coconuts make big palms??):wave:

thesloaneranger
05-11-2013, 23:38
ill need to have a wee looky at this! :) I love the photo opportunities Tenerife throws up so will dig out a few pics and add them later x

Margaretta
06-11-2013, 00:33
Yes please Thesloaneranger (such a posh name!)
Photos much appreciated. It's the story of the island, not the quality of the photograph which is most important and it should reveal how the island inspires us.
Thank you so much.

thesloaneranger
06-11-2013, 15:52
I added a pic - looks a good wee group so thanks for letting me join in :) x

Margaretta
07-11-2013, 00:06
I added a pic - looks a good wee group so thanks for letting me join in :) x

And what a terrific pic it is, thesloaneranger!:wave: