PDA

View Full Version : Employment How do I get employment in a hospital in Tenerife?

Claire1974
02-06-2013, 17:10
Hi all,

Does anyone know how to obtain employment in any of the hospitals in the south. I'm a nurse in the UK and have been advised to nurse in Tenerife i would have to be fluent in Spanish. As i'm not but am desperate to live and work in Tenerife, i would consider a nursing assistant position, (to be honest I would consider almost anything). Or is that unrealistic too with the job situation in Tenerife. Any help would be appreciated.

Kind Regards

Claire

Megaloo
02-06-2013, 17:40
I would not like to down your hopes but there have been many cut backs in a lot of hospitals, also I would most certainly think you must be fluent in Spanish, especially in a hospital where lives are at risk with wrong interpretation of a given order. This is why if one is not fluent in Spanish you are required to take a translator with you

slodgedad
02-06-2013, 17:43
You'd have to check if your qualifications are recognised here too. Many are not without accreditation.

Suzanne
02-06-2013, 18:13
Why don't you contact the private hospital, www.hospiten.es, it is in Spanish, and ask them directly, you never know until you have tried. Good luck.

Claire1974
02-06-2013, 18:29
Thanks for all the advice. Understand about the fluent side of things. Will have a go at contacting the private hospital, thanks. x