PDA

View Full Version : If you won the lottery would you move to another country?

slodgedad
04-06-2013, 00:00
Would you move, or stay in your local area?

I have talked to loads of people in holiday mood who have said they'd emigrate, but what do you think you would do?

I, for one, would stay local. (I have lived in Tenerife since 1994 though)

poker
04-06-2013, 04:38
(I have lived in Tenerife since 1994 though)

So you won the lottery in 1994? :D

We would stay in Tenerife , but probably buy a property back in our old hometown again and use it for summervacation place ( rest of the time its to bad to stay there :) , seartainly this year ) .

9PLUS
04-06-2013, 05:00
I did.........

trevorife2
04-06-2013, 07:30
Id stay in birmingham because i really really love it here .........not

Malteser Monkey
04-06-2013, 08:50
I did.........

win the lottery or move ?:cheeky:

We won £30.00 on our syndicate lottery - how far will that get me ? there's 12 of us in it !:crylaughing:

Medman
04-06-2013, 08:58

We won £30.00 on our syndicate lottery - how far will that get me ? there's 12 of us in it !:crylaughing:

Flash git .. :tongue:

Bhamannette
04-06-2013, 12:53
Not until Id checked out all the beautiful places in the world first and that could take some time, heres hoping

chifleta
04-06-2013, 16:24
i've lived here for over 20 years, I wouldn't live elsewhere in the world, but I would buy a huge plot of land here and build a tiny house (less housework to do) on it, and then travel to places i've always wanted to visit... but always coming home to "mi querida Tenerife" :)

marbro8
04-06-2013, 19:10

We won £30.00 on our syndicate lottery - how far will that get me ? there's 12 of us in it !:crylaughing:another ticket:laugh:

doreen
04-06-2013, 19:13
I'd move to a (warm) Tax Haven with all that dosh to stop Hacienda finding ways to tax it :)

marbro8
04-06-2013, 19:19
i would try to offer a very large amount of money to the people who own that house in la caletta on the sea front virtually jutting into the sea, i would also have a home in australia because a recent survey said that oz was the best place in the world to live,i would have a large home built here in the uk and staff it, then have another in florida so we could be close to all the theme parks, now let me just check if i have anything left:laugh:

warbey
04-06-2013, 19:27
Buy or have built, a Detached House in Tenerife South.

I Hate service charges..

Buy a Nice House locally

A really good win, and I would be tempted to have a small Place on the Costa Del Sol..

Just maybe, Investing in Property could be an option too,
Maybe use the same Tax Haven as Doreen,,,,,Bermuda perhaps

I also have some Ideas about a venture or two in Tenerife, but that's another Story........

Just a thought.

Buy an Aircraft. Travel when I want with Who I want.. to Where I want..

9PLUS
04-06-2013, 19:49
A bigger dungeon for all the forums lady noobs

warbey
04-06-2013, 19:51
A bigger dungeon for all the forums lady noobs

Eh ? .. .

marbro8
04-06-2013, 19:53
Eh ? .. .i think he means t.i.t.s:laugh:

warbey
04-06-2013, 19:58
i think he means t.i.t.s:laugh:

Google says People who dont know etc.?

OUR Dungeon Ladies are more formidable that that..

Get behind the :hide::hide: Mark

LUCKY
04-06-2013, 22:03
Would you move, or stay in your local area?

I have talked to loads of people in holiday mood who have said they'd emigrate, but what do you think you would do?

I, for one, would stay local. (I have lived in Tenerife since 1994 though)
As you say stay local that is exactly what i did after winning the lottery in its maiden year , and i have never looked back since. (BRING BACK HANGING) sorry that comment posted on wrong thread.

marbro8
04-06-2013, 22:28
As you say stay local that is exactly what i did after winning the lottery in its maiden year , and i have never looked back since. (BRING BACK HANGING) sorry that comment posted on wrong thread.did you really win the lottery? if so is that why your forum name is lucky:laugh: and if you did i am going to ask what every other forum member is thinking "how much":laugh:, and what did you spend it on:wink2:

Malteser Monkey
05-06-2013, 09:06
another ticket:laugh:

yup not even a bus ticket !rolleyes2:

Davie Thistle
05-06-2013, 20:38
........I'd buy a yaught and never sleep on land again!!!
course, I'd berth it in Tenerife!!!
8-)

Santiago
05-06-2013, 21:40
No, I wouldn't move permanently as where would all my caravanners stay if I packed up and went? I love it here, but I also like my annual jaunt to the Reef, so I would probably rent a plane each time I wanted to go out there so I didn't have that interminable wait at the airport both ends.

I think that when you are older, unless you have a very strong connection with a place, you should stay where you are. Although I love the Reef, I would miss those lovely wet and stormy Sundays in the winter when you are sitting by the fire watching some drivel on the television. I also love those hot sunny days, like today, when we can have a nice walk along our golden sands and meet with friends for coffee at the other end.

chifleta
06-06-2013, 17:39
As you say stay local that is exactly what i did after winning the lottery in its maiden year , and i have never looked back since. (BRING BACK HANGING) sorry that comment posted on wrong thread.

I'll tell you what I won if you tell me what you won :wink2:

slodgedad
06-06-2013, 17:48
When the national lottery first started we won 4 times in the first 7 weeks and not a sausage since. (Less than 100 quid in total).

I think they've definitely had it back by now..:D

marbro8
06-06-2013, 19:11
When the national lottery first started we won 4 times in the first 7 weeks and not a sausage since. (Less than 100 quid in total).

I think they've definitely had it back by now..:Di waste about £30 a week on the bloody thing after dreaming the numbers:(, the most i have won is £180

rosemary
06-06-2013, 19:17
If I won the lottery I would buy that disgrace of a building site at Golf del Sur next to Nauticus and turn it into a beautiful park with gardens and play areas and two fantastic swimming lidos like they have in Santa or Puerto. I would then buy a couple of those litttle houses next to nauticus on the seafront and knock them into one with an art sudio ontop. I would buy a timber house somewhere in north devon for my holidays, and a penthouse flat in London for kicks. I wouldn't long haul fly anywhere anymore, seen it, been there, bought the shirt....dont wanna live anywhere else but Tenerife, best climate in the world. I would invest heavily in this island but not in property!. It could do sooo much more for itself if people here invested in producing stuff i.e. decent fruit and veg instead of more b---dy hotels. And not just bananas! I would want the people of Tenerife to be really proud of where they were born and want to live and are able to work.. I would fight the the climate of inbred corruption here until my last euro. It could be a Paradise once again.

who-r-ya
06-06-2013, 19:20
I hope you win Rosemary! and I will keep you to do all what you say you will xx:laugh:

LUCKY
06-06-2013, 20:21
I'll tell you what I won if you tell me what you won :wink2:
I will show you mine ............ if you show me yours............................. now where have i heard that before?................ You will also notice i have protected my assets by looking in youre inbox i have sent you a request of friendship

chifleta
06-06-2013, 21:02
I will show you mine ............ if you show me yours............................. now where have i heard that before?................ You will also notice i have protected my assets by looking in youre inbox i have sent you a request of friendship

wowzerrrrrrrrrr LOL been a long time since someone said that to me apart from my hubby HAHAHAHA........

LUCKY
06-06-2013, 21:12
wowzerrrrrrrrrr LOL been a long time since someone said that to me apart from my hubby HAHAHAHA........

I only ment youre security box at the bank ,,,,, Please stop getting excited Stop it Stop it Its ok now thank you so much for accepting my Hand of friendship ....... ring me when hubby goes out !!!!HA HA HA HA

chifleta
06-06-2013, 21:29
I only ment youre security box at the bank ,,,,, Please stop getting excited Stop it Stop it Its ok now thank you so much for accepting my Hand of friendship ....... ring me when hubby goes out !!!!HA HA HA HA

hahahaha, ah well, our win was a few years ago now, nothing left i'm afraid :( how bout you?

- - - - - - - - - - merged double post - - - - - - - - - -

did you want me to return the friendship badge? LOL

LUCKY
06-06-2013, 21:37
hahahaha, ah well, our win was a few years ago now, nothing left i'm afraid :( how bout you?

did you want me to return the friendship badge? LOL

No No dont return it, Ive still got a bob or two left. and if you were to to return without a stamp i would have even less. keep smiling and when the junk mail arrives like it does. i just think to myself they are wasting there time. oh and of course the begging letters are still arriving after all this time. How did you contend with the begging letters and the sob stories?

haydn185
06-06-2013, 21:45
oh yes oh yes oh yes! a new home in a sunny spot just a few miles back from Cleethorpes beach!!! oh the fab Lincolnshire coast, apart from that a nice Villa mainland Spain (easy to nip to Gib for that little bit of England) an nice place down under and oh yes the Aston Martin DB9.... now its 80mil this Friday look out for me soon!

LUCKY
06-06-2013, 21:49
oh yes oh yes oh yes! a new home in a sunny spot just a few miles back from Cleethorpes beach!!! oh the fab Lincolnshire coast, apart from that a nice Villa mainland Spain (easy to nip to Gib for that little bit of England) an nice place down under and oh yes the Aston Martin DB9.... now its 80mil this Friday look out for me soon!
ITS not the money that brings happiness

BUT IT DOES HELP

HONEST

Santiago
06-06-2013, 21:55
Remember if you have everything you desire, you have nothing left to look forward to - so be careful what you wish for!

Red Devil
06-06-2013, 22:55
Remember if you have everything you desire, you have nothing left to look forward to - so be careful what you wish for!

Thats so true, look at all the multi millionaires you see on the tv, they look a right miserable bunch. (Think Victoria Beckham)

I would have a lovely villa in Tenerife, a smart apartment on the front at Puerto Pollensa in Majorca, a little fishermans cottage in St Ives and cruise anywhere I fancied in between, providing all my family/friends came too.

Taylor
07-06-2013, 03:50
Definately go A La Branson, buy one of those small Carribean Islands build a Humungus pad with rooms scattered about the island for mates visiting. Helipad and the obligatory Power Boat for nights out in Miami and Cuba. Also cos I love the Rife so much........

I would buy and finish off that Half built palatial mansion across the road from me in Palm Mar on the hill with amazing views, god it so needs to be finished!!!!

Malteser Monkey
07-06-2013, 09:32

an empty washing basket :D

chifleta
07-06-2013, 16:45
No No dont return it, Ive still got a bob or two left. and if you were to to return without a stamp i would have even less. keep smiling and when the junk mail arrives like it does. i just think to myself they are wasting there time. oh and of course the begging letters are still arriving after all this time. How did you contend with the begging letters and the sob stories?

ahhh well it wasn't enough to earn begging letters.... we were 1 number (fraccion) away from winning 1.2 million wahhhhhhhhhh wahhhhhhhhhhhhhh

you just know that ain't gonna happen LOL

warbey
07-06-2013, 18:11
:stars::stars:

I'll Google Map You the Launderette Monkey....................................:hide::h ide::angel:

marbro8
07-06-2013, 19:20
Thats so true, look at all the multi millionaires you see on the tv, they look a right miserable bunch. (Think Victoria Beckham)

I would have a lovely villa in Tenerife, a smart apartment on the front at Puerto Pollensa in Majorca, a little fishermans cottage in St Ives and cruise anywhere I fancied in between, providing all my family/friends came too.ahhhh is that why i am always laughing and smiling? because i've got bugger all?:laugh::laugh:

Malteser Monkey
07-06-2013, 19:43
:stars::stars:

I'll Google Map You the Launderette Monkey....................................:hide::h ide::angel:

Cheers Warbs - you givin' me an hand:raspberry2:

Sal
07-06-2013, 20:43
We live in a very lovely part of the UK, but unfortunately we don't often get the weather to enjoy it. We would certainly move to Tenerife and buy apartments for all our family so they could (live there or) visit too!

:lots-jumping:

cheery
08-06-2013, 08:25
We have lovely views from our front window here in the Peak District so I would buy another, bigger house further up the hill. Then we would go on a nature holiday all over the world for 2-3 weeks at a time for a couple of years. A boat would be on the list to sail the Med for a couple of years, Wintering in Tenerife. Once that was done we would move to the house we would have bought straight away in Tenerife. As we live in the Peak District we would have to live higher up than on the front, maybe somewhere like Adeje or Chayofa so we can look out across the lower lying land out to sea. My mate lives up Roque del Conde and the views from his house are stunning, straight across to La Gomera.

Just found this again, saw it a while ago but the clincher is the setting for the bird cage. Our cockatiel would love it!

http://www.clearbluetenerife.com/r-4478.html