PDA

View Full Version : The X-factor discussion thread 2011

tonypub
30-05-2011, 15:21
No cheryl or danni:( will it flop or not?

KirstyJay
30-05-2011, 15:54
I doubt it. It's cowell and his cutting remarks that make it!

tonypub
30-05-2011, 16:00
I doubt it. It's cowell and his cutting remarks that make it!no no no.us men only watch it because of cheryl,younger females watch it to copy cheryls look.

KirstyJay
30-05-2011, 17:44
no no no.us men only watch it because of cheryl,younger females watch it to copy cheryls look.

And older females watch it to see if cowell's trouser waistline will finally make it over his head

Malteser Monkey
31-05-2011, 09:38
I doubt it. It's cowell and his cutting remarks that make it!

But he's not in it

Think women of a certain generation:whistle: will watch as Mr Barlow is in it :D

Trimerx
01-06-2011, 18:05
People are made at the shoes like that. you have seen some doofus shoes gaining popularity in the past. This one is better than them so why not.

tonypub
01-06-2011, 18:09
People are made at the shoes like that. you have seen some doofus shoes gaining popularity in the past. This one is better than them so why not.i agree whole heartedly

dokgolf
28-08-2011, 22:09
I normally avoid the X Factor as being visual and auditory diarrhoea but my kids brought me in to the TV to see this guy. I've got to say the tears ran down my face. Its not often a cover outshines an original, but this is special

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FVdx64iTF28

AL JAY
11-09-2011, 20:17
Liverpool is doing us proud tonight so far, the first 3 were ace!!!

AL JAY
02-10-2011, 20:55
The 3 Scouse lads are through to the finals, one was being filmed in the Iceland supermarket last week so i knew for deffo one was through but for the 3 to go through is great... Well done lads!

Tinkabel
02-10-2011, 21:41
Louis Walsh is a complete joke putting Goldie through, thank goodness she had the decency to pull out and allow someone who can actually sing have a chance to compete.

kieraj
21-10-2011, 00:21
craig coulton is worth listening to ,you tube a jar of hearts I have never heard this song before, it was so good look forward to all your comments x

Added after 7 minutes:

sorry spelt his name wrong its craig colton x

lozzie1821
21-10-2011, 20:24
I bank on a scouser winning it this year.

Both lads are fantastic singers.... I think janet has a good chance too but being so young you have to wonder if she will cope.... x

Jackie
22-10-2011, 21:59
I think Jonny absolutely nailed it tonight...the only contestant that could have sung that song:c2::c2:

marbro8
22-10-2011, 23:30
we stopped watching it weeks ago, without cowell it has lost it's credibility,they have not got a clue between them, so we are 2 of the 2 million :redcard:

nurse ratchet
22-10-2011, 23:47
we stopped watching it weeks ago, without cowell it has lost it's credibility,they have not got a clue between them, so we are 2 of the 2 million :redcard:

and the viewers that remain probaly haven't got enough intelligence to work a remote.

marbro8
22-10-2011, 23:51
:c2::c2::c2:
and the viewers that remain probaly haven't got enough intelligence to work a remote.lmao:c2:

Jackie
23-10-2011, 09:20
Come on folks get real. it is a bit of light entertainment amongst all the doom and gloom, not a matter of life and death.

Simon Cowell is still raking in his millions from it so losing 2 million viewers is hardly going to affect his bank balance is it ;)

astara
23-10-2011, 09:40
I bank on a scouser winning it this year.

Both lads are fantastic singers.... I think janet has a good chance too but being so young you have to wonder if she will cope.... x

... both craig & marcus have recording voices, & loving Janet also, very different. Would be nice to see a girl win for a change!!

Suej
27-11-2011, 11:25
Iīm not as addicted to X Factor this year cos Simonīs not on it but I think itīs between Marcus and MichaB to win what do you think? I donīt get Janet at all and feel she should have gone weeks ago!:singing:

caroletenerife
27-11-2011, 11:30
me too, its on so I watch it, like you Janet seems to have outstayed her welcome, she doesnt seem to be diverse at all. The girls seem to be doing well and I like Marcus. A lot of people dont like Misha B but she seems to be the one who could be handed any song and she would sound like a professional with little effort. Theres no one that is heads and shoulders above the rest, so I guess it will be down to the tabloids exposure and popularity vote

Medman
27-11-2011, 11:38
I thought last night was the worst so far. I think most of the "singers" have peaked already or is it that they are starting to believe the hype ? (lies), so they don't have to try. Anyway, this has got to be the worst series ever. Time to scrap it. Can't stand the judges' childish antics. :v3:

Suej
27-11-2011, 11:48
Have to agree the talent is of a far lower standard..I actually like Little Mix but canīt see them winning! Rebecca from last year has her debut album out...now thatīs worth listening to!:)

Medman
27-11-2011, 11:58
Have to agree the talent is of a far lower standard..I actually like Little Mix but canīt see them winning! Rebecca from last year has her debut album out...now thatīs worth listening to!:)

It's all too much about the judges and their tactical sniping. Hardly great examples of mentors!

Yes, Rebecca certainly has a voice. The most consistent this year is Misha B.

Having played in bands for 40 years I just can't stand the "Acme Instant Fame" that is created by these type of shows. No apprenticeship served. (Just my opinion). Maybe I'm just cynically jealous........NOT ! :shy:

caroletenerife
27-11-2011, 12:15
It's all too much about the judges and their tactical sniping. Hardly great examples of mentors!

Yes, Rebecca certainly has a voice. The most consistent this year is Misha B.

Having played in bands for 40 years I just can't stand the "Acme Instant Fame" that is created by these type of shows. No apprenticeship served. (Just my opinion). Maybe I'm just cynically jealous........NOT ! :shy:
i dont think your jealous, but i think its just changed times. Plenty of artists go down your route and could probably handle the fame game better. But everything nowadays has to be INSTANT and the media is a monster who cant get enough of it. I remember opportunity knocks, new faces etc..same thing but less exposure and media hype. Lenny Henry was only 16 when he won one of those shows and i remember an interview with Stan Bardwin (i think thats his name) saying alot of comedians were resentful because he hadnt done his 'time served' as it were. Older comedians had played the pub and club circuit for years ...and up popped Lenny on the TV, with instant fame. Most of these acts dissolve into the background and the exceptional talent remains in the spotlight..Susan Boyle being the obvious one, there is no way she would ever have had the opportunity to be a popstar given her background, I think her international appeal is that she was plucked from nowhere and given the chance to shine..a Cinderella story, if you like

AL JAY
27-11-2011, 12:26
Iīm not as addicted to X Factor this year cos Simonīs not on it but I think itīs between Marcus and MichaB to win what do you think? I donīt get Janet at all and feel she should have gone weeks ago!:singing:

I agree with you about Janet,She is weak and devoid of personality and i can't stand the little squeak she uses at the end of some lines, I also like Little Mix who have been very consistent but the fat one needs to stop having Macdonalds 3 times a day because her head is getting larger by the week.
The make up and wardrobe people should be sacked for some hideous creations of eyes and hair do's and i also think Louis Walsh has lost the plot. MichaB has a great voice but i just can't take to her at all and i wouldn't like to see Amelia Lily when she is in her 40's someone needs to have a word and tell her to be a teenager ...All in all its contrived and stage managed but very watchable!!!I hope Marcus wins he's the only one without issues and could handle the spotlight.

Jackie
27-11-2011, 12:32
I love Marcus, his Stevie Wonder song last night was brilliant as have all of his performances been. I'm like you AJ, just can't take to Misha for some reason and I think the pressure is getting too much for Janet and her time is up now. The 'fat one' in Little Mix only eats McDonalds twice a day....I have it on good authority as she is a friends daughter ;)

Suej
27-11-2011, 12:54
I agree with you about Janet,She is weak and devoid of personality and i can't stand the little squeak she uses at the end of some lines, I also like Little Mix who have been very consistent but the fat one needs to stop having Macdonalds 3 times a day because her head is getting larger by the week.
The make up and wardrobe people should be sacked for some hideous creations of eyes and hair do's and i also think Louis Walsh has lost the plot. MichaB has a great voice but i just can't take to her at all and i wouldn't like to see Amelia Lily when she is in her 40's someone needs to have a word and tell her to be a teenager ...All in all its contrived and stage managed but very watchable!!!I hope Marcus wins he's the only one without issues and could handle the spotlight.

Spot on Al!!! youīve have summed it up brilliantly I agree 100% with your comments! as for the wardrobe! Iīm sorry if Iīm being bitchy here but what were they thinking of putting MichaB in those leggings last night?

I keep thinking Janet will start yodeling any minute!:laugh:

SianC
27-11-2011, 19:39
I love Misha B's voice and stage presence but I dont think she will win the voters over, and after all thats all it really comes down to. I think Little Mix are great, outside of the competition none of the others would appeal to me at all

Medman
27-11-2011, 22:04
Wouldn't pay to see any of them or even go and see them for free !! (Grumpy old man)

sunspot
27-11-2011, 22:15
Wouldn't pay to see any of them or even go and see them for free !! (Grumpy old man)

I thought Misha B absolutly smashed it in the sing off, but its Marcus to win

ruffus
27-11-2011, 22:37
Yup, I think Markus too. It will be between Little Mix and Markus I think

Medman
28-11-2011, 00:39
I thought Misha B absolutly smashed it in the sing off, but its Marcus to win

Yes, Marcus would be my vote. ( if I voted ! )

lozzie1821
28-11-2011, 01:14
If amelia -lily wins this then i will NEVER watch x factor again.. blatent fix!!
there were plenty of singers who went out AFTER her who were better/stronger contestants and they werent given the chance...

I would like Marcus to win!! As a scouser im behind him all the way BUT Misha B always does it for me - if anyone deserves it more. ITS HER!! xxx

Malteser Monkey
28-11-2011, 13:02
well personally I like having Gary B in it, I mean you wouldn't kick him outta bed would you ?:cheeky:

For me out of the (scraping the bottom of the barrell - in my opinion) contestants if I had to say who I think will be in the final 2 Amelia L and Marcus. However it is nice to see a girlband there I like pick and mix - one of them has a very nice powerful voice and good on the one with a figure !

Didn't get Janet she just reminded me of the one they had in last year ? Always used to sing in bare feet - bit of a screacher, what was her name ??

I said to OH last night what has happened to all the past winners ?? It seems the runners up come out better ? Olly, JLS etc

OH ! and what's with the earpieces ?? huh they never had those before:crazy:

Suej
28-11-2011, 13:23
well personally I like having Gary B in it, I mean you wouldn't kick him outta bed would you ?:cheeky:

For me out of the (scraping the bottom of the barrell - in my opinion) contestants if I had to say who I think will be in the final 2 Amelia L and Marcus. However it is nice to see a girlband there I like pick and mix - one of them has a very nice powerful voice and good on the one with a figure !

Didn't get Janet she just reminded me of the one they had in last year ? Always used to sing in bare feet - bit of a screacher, what was her name ??

I said to OH last night what has happened to all the past winners ?? It seems the runners up come out better ? Olly, JLS etc

OH ! and what's with the earpieces ?? huh they never had those before:crazy:

Morning MM! you mean Diana Knickers! :spin: Not keen on Amelia a bit of a shouter! I think Marcus will win although Iīm not that keen on him either except that heīs quite cute! LOL! Love Gary always loved Take That anyway! but Simon was the Daddy!!!

You back at work now?:wink:

Malteser Monkey
28-11-2011, 13:42
Morning MM! you mean Diana Knickers! :spin: Not keen on Amelia a bit of a shouter! I think Marcus will win although Iīm not that keen on him either except that heīs quite cute! LOL! Love Gary always loved Take That anyway! but Simon was the Daddy!!!

You back at work now?:wink:

Yes back in work hun

Diana Vickers that was her ! Could you imagine the 2 of em together:nono::nono::)

how you doing hun, still cold ?

Suej
28-11-2011, 13:47
Yes back in work hun

Diana Vickers that was her ! Could you imagine the 2 of em together:nono::nono::)

how you doing hun, still cold ?

Yesterday was gorgeous! turned a bit nips again today...:wink:

casabonny
28-11-2011, 13:57
I dont think that Misha B should or will win , as if its down to the public vote , clearly the public dont like her! Why the Judges cant see that I dont know, it baffles me.If the public dont like someone now, for whatever reason ( clearly she has a good voice but they keep saying they are looking for the complete package :eyebrows:) why is that going to change after the X Factor.
I think that Marcus should win as he has a good voice and is an all rounder.I dont like Amelia Lily and dont quite know why,I find her irratating.
For me the final three will be Marcus,Little Mix and Amelia Lily.

Medman
28-11-2011, 14:26
"OH ! and what's with the earpieces ?? huh they never had those before"

MM, The ear-pieces are monitors to let the singer hear the backing track and their voices. Why should we be the only ones to suffer some of the painful sounds that are emitted ?!! :cheeky: This system replaces the old large stage monitors at the front of the stage. All hi-tech stuff.

Malteser Monkey
28-11-2011, 14:54
I know what they are hun just that they haven't used them before - it always used to be the professional who wore them - which I thought was a bit off as they should be able to perform unaided !

It's like all this singing over their own tracks like Rhianna - load of uhummm she's not a patch on Ga Ga and It's not like I'm a fan of hers but at least she can sing.

What say you

Medman
28-11-2011, 17:32
I know what they are hun just that they haven't used them before - it always used to be the professional who wore them - which I thought was a bit off as they should be able to perform unaided !

It's like all this singing over their own tracks like Rhianna - load of uhummm she's not a patch on Ga Ga and It's not like I'm a fan of hers but at least she can sing.

What say you

They are not a singing aid to enhance the performance (like auto-tune) but a necessity so that you can hear what you are singing above the band or backing track. I don't use them myself but still rely on the stage monitor so I can enjoy my dynamic vocals !! :laugh:

Agree with you re Lady Ga Ga. Can't stand Rhianna and the like. And as for Jessie J .... what was that performance all about last night ? Utter drivelish dirge. Even worse than Janet. (IMO) Role model to aspire to ? ... I think not.

Suej
28-11-2011, 17:39

What say you

I have seen them with the earphones in before but they are more noticable now cos theyīre bright colours! you see a lot of bands wearing them maybe to assist with the harmonies?:dontknow:

Medman
28-11-2011, 18:14
I have seen them with the headphones in before but they are more noticable now cos theyīre bright colours! you see a lot of bands wearing them maybe to assist with the harmonies?:dontknow:

Yes Sue, they used to be predominately flesh coloured but bands particularly JLS (not a band but a vocal group) JLS members all have a separate colour code (how cute)

caroletenerife
28-11-2011, 18:19
I'm preferring Strictly myself and the Jungle. I know these people are good singers but I dont think any of them has that special something that will give them longevity, but hey look at Jedwood (or lets not), out of them all I think Jonny (remember him) will carve a career, probably out of tv presenting or something on 'this morning' simply because of his personality.

willo-the-wisp
28-11-2011, 20:25
Well last night was a turn up for the books, didn't expect Misha B to be in the sing -offs. At last Janet is gone and not before time IMHO, too many better singers went before her. I think Marcus stands a good chance of winning, though none of the contenders this year are outstanding, will all be down to their performances on the night. As for Gary Barlow you can keep him, he had the nerve to say 'Don't listen to Louis Walsh he is a nobody' egotistical or what?

caroletenerife
28-11-2011, 20:34
Well last night was a turn up for the books, didn't expect Misha B to be in the sing -offs. At last Janet is gone and not before time IMHO, too many better singers went before her. I think Marcus stands a good chance of winning, though none of the contenders this year are outstanding, will all be down to their performances on the night. As for Gary Barlow you can keep him, he had the nerve to say 'Don't listen to Louis Walsh he is a nobody' egotistical or what?
Yes I have noticed hes very full of himself

Malteser Monkey
29-11-2011, 12:58
I'm preferring Strictly myself and the Jungle. I know these people are good singers but I dont think any of them has that special something that will give them longevity, but hey look at Jedwood (or lets not), out of them all I think Jonny (remember him) will carve a career, probably out of tv presenting or something on 'this morning' simply because of his personality.

Johnny was on "This Morning" doing some sort of presenting last week - caught a snippit of him - he was trembling with nerves. So there you are Carole !

Medman
29-11-2011, 13:07
Johnny was on this morning doing some sort of presenting last week - caught a snippit of him - he was trembling with nerves. So there you are Carole !

Maybe he thought he was gonna get another kiss from Gary Barlow !! :laugh:

Suej
29-11-2011, 13:23
Johnny was on this morning doing some sort of presenting last week - caught a snippit of him - he was trembling with nerves. So there you are Carole !

Johnny would make a brilliant presenter! look how well Alan Carr has done, remember Julian Clarey? Brian who won Big Brother? Why not Johnny? Good luck to the guy I donīt think weīve seen the last of him on British TV.:)

Malteser Monkey
29-11-2011, 13:32
Johnny would make a brilliant presenter! look how well Alan Carr has done, remember Julian Clarey? Brian who won Big Brother? Why not Johnny? Good luck to the guy I donīt think weīve seen the last of him on British TV.:)

How can we forget Julian Clarey !

Paul O'Grady /Lily

Not too keen on Graham Norton tho

Medman
29-11-2011, 13:58
How can we forget Julian Clarey !

Paul O'Grady /Lily

Not too keen on Graham Norton tho

Graham Norton is the only one of that "type" I can suffer and actually makes me laugh. His show always has top notch guests

lozzie1821
29-11-2011, 21:35
Ya gotta love abit of Paul O'Grady!! xx

Medman
29-11-2011, 23:03
Ya gotta love abit of Paul O'Grady!! xx

Don't love any bit of Paul O'Grady ...... :vomit:

willo-the-wisp
07-12-2011, 20:30
Don't love any bit of Paul O'Grady ...... :vomit:

Ditto the above..........

Apparently it's all a fix http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2070769/X-Factor-2011-fix-Amelia-Lilys-winners-single-available-HMV-website.html?ito=feeds-newsxml

caroletenerife
07-12-2011, 21:42
I like Paul OGrady, Im glad Jonny was given a chance, I think he would be great on 8 out of ten cats type shows. As for X Factor, I really dislike little mix stylists rather than them, last week they looked a mess. Got to support Marcus cos my friends his mate, i do think he has a good voice and personality, but Amelia seems the most talented, however I have little faith that the public will decide this, it will manipulated to within an inch of its life

chris
11-12-2011, 22:49
Well done Little Mix on winning the XFactor 2011 great show

added 5 min

sorry heading should be 2011

YOUNG GOLFER
11-12-2011, 22:52
Made my daughters night let her stay up late to watch it...i guess it made 4 peoples dream come true.

slodgedad
11-12-2011, 23:46
Well done Little Mix on winning the XFactor 2011 great show

added 5 min

sorry heading should be 2011

I'll change it........

AL JAY
12-12-2011, 00:49
I have been wracking my brain as to who the little fattie one in Little Mix reminds me of!!!!!!!

Got it.......Remember that bit in the film where ET dresses as a girl?... :wow: :wink2::D

see link below

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-_jKXxad5B3c/TZ0iAEbaDqI/AAAAAAAAAEs/GtVjcz77zQ8/s1600/et-girl.jpg

AJP
12-12-2011, 00:56
So A "group................cough cough,,,, maybe you could call them a team" that didn,t exist at the start of the competition.has ended up winning it.................for X factor read,,,,,,,,,,,,,Europa league................

Suej
12-12-2011, 11:00
What happened to my original thread?:( Little Mix! worthy winners! :c2:

garlicbread
12-12-2011, 12:06
THANK GOD for COLDPLAY an oasis in a wilderness of non talent , oh and thank God it's all over for another year

Malteser Monkey
12-12-2011, 12:12
think we need a year off:whistle:

yes thank god for Coldplay they were brilliant ! Could have turned the Mics up a bit - did anyone else think they were quiet ?

Peterrayner
12-12-2011, 12:37
I have been wracking my brain as to who the little fattie one in Little Mix reminds me of!!!!!!!

Got it.......Remember that bit in the film where ET dresses as a girl?... :wow: :wink2::D

No need for that :( the person has feeling you know

Suej
12-12-2011, 12:39
think we need a year off:whistle:

yes thank god for Coldplay they were brilliant ! Could have turned the Mics up a bit - did anyone else think they were quiet ?

Not quiet enough :devil:Coldplay not my thing really! what a choice of Tshirt the singer was wearing! - all that sweat...Urghhh! Nah not for me!:lol:

Ecky Thump
12-12-2011, 12:41
No need for that :( the person has feeling you know

Oh yes,.....a feeling that she has no real outstanding talent (like a lot of them), but will still be earning big money.;)

Peterrayner
12-12-2011, 12:58
Oh yes,.....a feeling that she has no real outstanding talent (like a lot of them), but will still be earning big money.;)

ahhh I see the great British green eyed monster justification.

Ecky Thump
12-12-2011, 13:01
ahhh I see the great British green eyed monster justification.

What gives you the impression that I am envious or jealous of what she or any other contestant will earn, good luck to them if some fools ever pay to be entertained by them.

Only my opinion.:)

Peterrayner
12-12-2011, 13:03
What gives you the impression that I am envious or jealous of what she or any other contestant will earn, good luck to them if some fools ever pay to be entertained by them.

Only my opinion.:)

You didnt watch then :)

Ecky Thump
12-12-2011, 13:07
You didnt watch then :)

No, but I heard them, as my wife was watching them, as I was decorating.:p

Peterrayner
12-12-2011, 13:10
No, but I heard them, as my wife was watching them, as I was decorating.:p

so you paid then :)

Malteser Monkey
12-12-2011, 13:11
He forgot his right guard me thinks !

I heard on the radio someone mention that Louis looked like he was wearing Aleksandr Meerkats' jacket !! :crylaughing:

Ecky Thump
12-12-2011, 13:17
so you paid then :)

Not me!, I'm a kept man, the wife pays.:raspberry2:

Peterrayner
12-12-2011, 13:22
Not me!, I'm a kept man, the wife pays.:raspberry2:

so whats the difference between the singer and you ??? :)

Ecky Thump
12-12-2011, 13:32
so whats the difference between the singer and you ??? :)

I've definitely got some talent, I can decorate, but them....?????

Peterrayner
12-12-2011, 13:39
I've definitely got some talent, I can decorate, but them....?????

Perhaps they make more money ???

Carol55
12-12-2011, 13:42
Perhaps they make more money ???

Thats for sure, because I don't give Ecky any money, I make him work for love.:laugh:

Malteser Monkey
12-12-2011, 13:51
Thats for sure, because I don't give Ecky any money, I make him work for love.:laugh:

You naughty sort you - ooooerrrr missus:D

Added after 14 minutes:

What happened to my original thread?:( Little Mix! worthy winners! :c2:

I can't find it either

Medman
12-12-2011, 15:31

see link below

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-_jKXxad5B3c/TZ0iAEbaDqI/AAAAAAAAAEs/GtVjcz77zQ8/s1600/et-girl.jpg

I thought Lenny the Lion............Little Mix = Big Fix

Suej
12-12-2011, 16:29
IMO thereīs only one true talent that ever came out of X Factor and that was Leona Lewis!:c2:

Bazz
12-12-2011, 16:56
IMO thereīs only one true talent that ever came out of X Factor and that was Leona Lewis!:c2:

Plus Will Young and Alexandra Burke! :c2:
Oh - Will was Pop Idol wasn't he?

Malteser Monkey
12-12-2011, 17:39

I'm still waiting - taps nails on desk:whistle::D:D

Ok well Yes Leona good voice but that's about it for me.

I like the way JLS and Olly Murrs have come on leaps and bounds - they can sing and they have personality, I'm not a raving fan or anything just that's what I think. Ray Quinn was good too just a little too cocky, shame

Jackie
12-12-2011, 18:44
To be honest I can't say I was huge fans of Little Mix but really pleased for them. One thing I liked about them, well Jesy anyway, 'The Fat one' as everyone seems to be calling her is the fact that knowing her family since she was very young. she seemed to be one of the only contestants that didn't harp on about their previous life and how hard it has been for them and their families and all they would like to do for them should they win blah blah. Jesy's parent divorced when she was very young and her mum brought her and her older brother and sister up single handed. Things were definately not easy for them by any means and her mum struggled plenty but good on Jesy for not making it a sob story like so many of the others did.

Ollie Murs didn't win and neither did Stacey Solomon but they are making plenty of money, she is another one who had things really hard as a kid, she is a friend of my daughters and an old neighbour from the UK so again we saw first hand what her and her siblings went through as she was growing up but again she didn't harp on that, she got on with things and has carved a career for herself. It seems to me that the runners up or third place seem to do better in the long run than the actual winners.

Suej
12-12-2011, 19:25
To be honest I can't say I was huge fans of Little Mix but really pleased for them. One thing I liked about them, well Jesy anyway, 'The Fat one' as everyone seems to be calling her is the fact that knowing her family since she was very young. she seemed to be one of the only contestants that didn't harp on about their previous life and how hard it has been for them and their families and all they would like to do for them should they win blah blah. Jesy's parent divorced when she was very young and her mum brought her and her older brother and sister up single handed. Things were definately not easy for them by any means and her mum struggled plenty but good on Jesy for not making it a sob story like so many of the others did.

Ollie Murs didn't win and neither did Stacey Solomon but they are making plenty of money, she is another one who had things really hard as a kid, she is a friend of my daughters and an old neighbour from the UK so again we saw first hand what her and her siblings went through as she was growing up but again she didn't harp on that, she got on with things and has carved a career for herself. It seems to me that the runners up or third place seem to do better in the long run than the actual winners.

I think Johnny will get plenty of work too!

Jackie
12-12-2011, 21:23
I think Johnny will get plenty of work too!

I think so as well Sue, he always seems to be smiling and has such a bubbly personality

garlicbread
13-12-2011, 00:11
A truly terrible show with truly terrible winners.

Dermot O'Leary (O'Dreary more like) was due to leave the show last year, and when he did not get the American slot somehow came back, looked tired and dated. He has plainly been in it too long.

The whole format just looked tired and dated, the sobbings, the parents and friends, the lavish praisings for acts which will soon be forgotten. We know the score now. The whole thing is a TOTAL PHONEY (or should that be phone in?).

From what I saw of this year, Marcus Collins is a gentleman. Not a star but a gentleman, and I hope he does alright in the business, and does not get eaten up by it.

Watching the final reluctantly, because my wife wanted me to watch it with her, not caring who won, I heard it all for the the first time, and thought what a load of tuneless noise, if these people can get record contracts, then some of the mediocre Kareoke style singers in Tenerife have a hope of going on to greatness.

You dont have to be "in touch" to recognise mediocrity. I know several geuinely talented songwriters and performers who also despise this tired format of churning out one hit wonders....its nothing more than a gameshow...a popularity contest..musical ability is largely irrelevant.

X Factor, I prefer factor 50, hopefully this is the last series.

slodgedad
13-12-2011, 00:29
A truly terrible show with truly terrible winners.

Dermot O'Leary (O'Dreary more like) was due to leave the show last year, and when he did not get the American slot somehow came back, looked tired and dated. He has plainly been in it too long.

The whole format just looked tired and dated, the sobbings, the parents and friends, the lavish praisings for acts which will soon be forgotten. We know the score now. The whole thing is a TOTAL PHONEY (or should that be phone in?).

From what I saw of this year, Marcus Collins is a gentleman. Not a star but a gentleman, and I hope he does alright in the business, and does not get eaten up by it.

Watching the final reluctantly, because my wife wanted me to watch it with her, not caring who won, I heard it all for the the first time, and thought what a load of tuneless noise, if these people can get record contracts, then some of the mediocre Kareoke style singers in Tenerife have a hope of going on to greatness.

You dont have to be "in touch" to recognise mediocrity. I know several geuinely talented songwriters and performers who also despise this tired format of churning out one hit wonders....its nothing more than a gameshow...a popularity contest..musical ability is largely irrelevant.

X Factor, I prefer factor 50, hopefully this is the last series.

Why don't you just say what you mean, GB...:D

garlicbread
13-12-2011, 00:36
Why don't you just say what you mean, GB...:D

I do my best ;)

vpapz
16-05-2012, 06:11
it would be the best of the best... just got to vote for the who shines the most,..the one with the x factor will be the champ..:whistle::whistle::whistle::whistle::whistl e::whistle::whistle::whistle: